Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

anime was right posted:

did he speak at all this chapter? i think his full demon form might be the opposite of awakening where the devil fruit wins and takes over

Vegapunk said that most awakened zoan fruit users completely lose themselves into their beast form with Rob Lucci being the noticeable exception (and I assume Kaku)

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
hey world it’s ya boy vegapunk

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

one piece truly is the best piece

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

why did someone make this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gyges posted:

Plus I still don't think it's a recorded message going out via some deadman's switch. It's live and it's Stella talking from the Vegacloud. That's the only reason to keep in the mic check and testing in your broadcast. After all Stella is just his body while his mind is in Punk Records.

Yeah, when the chapter ended I was wondering,"Is this a pre-prepared recording or is it actually Vegapunk live broadcasting from his giant brain/internet?" - looking forward to finding out!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just imagining Vegapunk periodically making some new discovery about the true history of the world and re-recording an updated “gently caress You” message

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

it literally shows a flatline tho

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kild posted:

it literally shows a flatline tho

Body died, mind transfers immediately to the big brain!

Look I just want Apple Gramps to stick around, okay? :shobon:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
apple gets transferred to one of the others, they join the crew

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

why did someone make this

Why not make that?

The only thing that would make it better is if Mihawk was standing to the side "I don't think I can handle this"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Captain Invictus posted:

apple gets transferred to one of the others, they join the crew

welcome aboard, York

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Countblanc posted:

welcome aboard, York

We already know she poops so that's one part of Luffy's interview down

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Does Franky poop? Does he eat?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Kind of.

Excess energy waste is where hair comes from.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

welcome aboard, York

"Do you poop?"

"In fact thats basically all I do"

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

She also eats and sleeps.

I don't know what her problem is, that sounds like a plum deal tbh.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

She also eats and sleeps.

I don't know what her problem is, that sounds like a plum deal tbh.

Cause she wants more.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

On the Sunny, she can drink

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/PokemanZ0N6/status/1761077085336953010?t=sCRRi72PyYWmT9tsmSIMPw&s=19

they want shady
May 11, 2013

lol we love that poo poo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I imagine the final chapter of One Piece becoming like a national event or something.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

I imagine the final chapter of One Piece becoming like a national event or something.

good things its still years away!!!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, next chapter is the last. vegapunk's broadcast explains what is at laugh tale and then the straw hats quietly disband.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nah, next chapter is the last. vegapunk's broadcast explains what is at laugh tale and then the straw hats quietly disband.

Luffy is just gonna be like

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Just imagining Vegapunk periodically making some new discovery about the true history of the world and re-recording an updated “gently caress You” message

“FuckYou_Ver-3_FINAL-Updated_LastestVer.wav”

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0GoOYPDNDI&t=267s

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

holy poo poo, where was this? edit: nvm found a comment: San Salvador, El Salvador

I remember when I was a kid and getting ahold of anime was difficult and rare, and one day I found DBZ on Telemundo on our old bunny-ears-antenna tv, and it was ahead of the english dub! It blew my mind!

This is probably what it was like for all the people watching Marineford in-universe.

I'm 100% going to find a live watch party for the final episode of One Piece (in 10 years)

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 25, 2024

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

final chapter of one piece displayed panel by panel on shibuya's screens

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

can we display it in Canada too

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Emperor of Japan "suggested" he be allowed to retire and his son take over purely because he wanted to make sure he didn't have any ceremonial duties to perform whenever the latest chapter of One Piece dropped. He was right to do so.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

I love this poo poo so much

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Jerusalem posted:

The Emperor of Japan "suggested" he be allowed to retire and his son take over purely because he wanted to make sure he didn't have any ceremonial duties to perform whenever the latest chapter of One Piece dropped. He was right to do so.

Are the other three gonna follow suit?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i hope oda takes a four month break so he can release the last two volume's worth of chapters at once

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Looper posted:

i hope oda takes a four month break so he can release the last two volume's worth of chapters at once

There's a 0% chance that Jump is going to let those magazine sales slip by

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I really do wonder what Jump is gonna look like once OP is done. They were very smart about jumping onto digital the way they did - between that and the sheer variety they offer, I don't think they're in danger of going under anytime soon but OP has been one of their mainstays for so long that its hard to imagine what it would be like without it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I really do wonder what Jump is gonna look like once OP is done. They were very smart about jumping onto digital the way they did - between that and the sheer variety they offer, I don't think they're in danger of going under anytime soon but OP has been one of their mainstays for so long that its hard to imagine what it would be like without it.

we see what jump looks like without one piece like one or two times a month

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Do sales significantly change on a break week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Scrap Dragon posted:

Do sales significantly change on a break week?

I assume most people who buy Jump for One Piece also like at least one other series/forget that it's break week when they buy a new issue. The more telling question is what happens to sales deep into one of Oda's extended breaks. As long as One Piece hasn't ended, Jump sales are probably hanging on like the anime.

Jump probably cares way more about Tankobon sales than the weekly magazine anyway. So they're probably good for at least another decade or so after the final issue hits the internet.