Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Nah man, it’s reality.

Americans People lighting themselves on fire to stop Israeli genocide is bonkers crazy, and definitely a suicide only a crazy person would do.

His memory is he killed himself with self immolation.

Killing yourself is suicide. Even if it’s to save an oppressed group on the other side of the globe, somehow, it’s suicide.

It’s disrespectful and disgusting to lionize this crazy person.

Clearly dude needed help. Maybe he’d be alive if that help had been given.

Mod edit: Image of Buddhist monk self-immolating. C'mon, man, don't just post that poo poo without a warning.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
I don't want naan, less you got daal, son.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

My Spirit Otter posted:

the dude knew exactly what he was doing. are you going to say the vietnamese monk who did this exact same thing also had mental health issues?

Tell me your knowledge of the Vietnam war is mostly a RATM album cover and the history channel without telling me.

There was a lot more than just one monk who punched the clock with flames in Vietnam.

Anyone that’s so religiously fervent so as to take life, their own or others, is by definition mentally ill b in my book.

But uh, this guy ain’t a monk being persecuted during a civil war in Vietnam. He was a mentally disturbed Airman who killed himself with fire. In response to a war he was not a combatant in, and in which he had no chance of fighting in.

Not everyone who sets themselves on fire and agrees with you politically deserves lionizing.

quote:

i dont see you claiming anyone who's willingly given their life for their country as having mental health issues. john brown gave his life to end slavery, is that a mental health issue?

First off, we’re not talking about service members who gave their life for their country. We are talking about one crazy service member who set himself on fire in front of a foreign embassy, ostensibly to free Palestine. You don’t see me talking about those other service members because they’re not loving salient to the discussion.

But I’ll bite- Yes. I think everyone who ever wore the uniform is not all there up stairs. And I’ve thought this from the day I put the uniform on.

quote:

its not immoral to laud someone for having conviction and standing up against a genocide. the man gave his life in a horrible way in a bid to help end the suffering of millions and you disrespect him by calling him crazy

I got plenty of friends and families that steadfastly believe my cousins in the IDF are legit ending a genocide of Jews by Palestinians. It’s absolutely bat poo poo but they sincerely believe it, and they lionize my cousins as heroes.

You and any other dipshit on this particular spectrum are as delusional as they are, you just point your dumbassery at a different side than them.

quote:

edit: i shouldve refreshed the page but didnt and the point stands

lol. Just, lol.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

There’s more than one way to roast a duc I guess.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SerthVarnee posted:

Could we PLEASE just go back to talking about the availability of Naan bread in your general vicinity and a discussion of how big of an influence naan bread would be on your wanting to reenlist?

I would enlist for consistent access to restaurant quality naan. The stuff they sell in stores in San Diego just doesn't cut it.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

I think everyone who ever wore the uniform is not all there up stairs. And I’ve thought this from the day I put the uniform on.

this is a forum subtitle contender imo

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
I can be the thread villain because I have never been impressed with Indian food. Never been a fan of their spices I guess. Like all I can taste is the fistful of turmeric you put in this beef. That little clay oven does do wonders to that bread though. Even Afghanistan had some great naan or doday I think we called it. Not sure if that is what pashtuns called it (we mostly dealt with them) but I remember calling it doday for some reason.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hierarchy of Asian foods, ranked by tastiness:

1. Japanese
2. Thai
3. Vietnamese
4.Korean
5. Chinese
6. Indian

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

1. Japanese
2. Thai
3. Vietnamese
4.Korean
5. Chinese
6. Indian

Chinese food ranks higher than Indian? It's taking all of my willpower not to report your post for trolling.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

1. Japanese
2. Thai
3. Vietnamese
4.Korean
5. Chinese
6. Indian

I don't know what's worse, that ranking or leaving off Afghan and Persian.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Afghan naan is heavenly. I really need to try to find some stateside, it's been forever since I had it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

1. Japanese
2. Thai
3. Vietnamese
4.Korean
5. Chinese
6. Indian

Vietnam, Korea, and China are a three way tie for first and Japan is a close second. Thailand and India are in the rear because of all the diarrhea. Tasty and spicy going in, smelly and spicy coming out (Why does my rear end in a top hat have the ability to feel spice? gently caress you god or Darwin or whoever)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

1. Japanese
2. Thai
3. Vietnamese
4.Korean
5. Chinese
6. Indian

.....dude. I thought we were posting bros but I may have to reconsider.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
edit: not arguin with a dude who compared a perceived genocide with an actual genocide his family members are participating in.

My Spirit Otter fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 28, 2024

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

1. Japanese
2. Thai
3. Vietnamese
4.Korean
5. Chinese
6. Indian

Korea should be number one. Their creation of junk food only rivals that of the MN state fair. Rivals I said, not surpass.

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Afghan naan is heavenly. I really need to try to find some stateside, it's been forever since I had it.

There was one village we went to where the naan tasted like chlorine. Maybe they were treating their water or something, real weird. But yeah the stretch, the holes, the little crispy burnt ends, goddamn. Some goat with some greasy rice, I will deal with the runs later just let me eat!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Wrong Theory posted:

Korea should be number one. Their creation of junk food only rivals that of the MN state fair. Rivals I said, not surpass.

Hard agree, but I'd give the number one spot to Japanese just because of the diversity of the food on offer there as well as their uncanny ability to perfect international dishes.

Chinese food, on the other hand, is about as bland as British or German cuisine.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I can't stand Indian food. The smell revolts me because while deployed, we had KP duty on camp (which meant stand around like an rear end in a top hat, and tell people they can't take 2 Pepsi) and the TCNs made it every day. The smell of a curry will kill my appetite quicker than kid poo poo or dog vomit.

It might taste great, but I can't get passed the aroma.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

February 2024 Current Events: Why does my rear end in a top hat have the ability to feel spice?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i ate Thai food once and my stomach and bowels regretted it to a degree i cannot possibly convey here

been meaning to try more

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
jesus loving christ some of you (the ones posting suicide jokes) need to stop posting. seriously. stop

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

psydude posted:

Chinese food, on the other hand, is about as bland as British or German cuisine.

Just don’t say this out loud at a szechuan restaurant.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

I think everyone who ever wore the uniform is not all there up stairs. And I’ve thought this from the day I put the uniform on.

Just dropping in to say if there's ever a modern-day recreation of Catch-22 you deserve a writing credit for this line.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

psydude posted:

Chinese food is p-good IMO. Crispy duck on rice with bokchoy, is protier.

On the other hand, gently caress any dish that has a numbing profile or is stinky tofu. gently caress both of those dishes for ever.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Indian food should be ranked higher. Though Korean BBQ is quite good.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

I don't know what's worse, that ranking or leaving off Afghan and Persian.

This is just my opinion (aka scientifically validated fact) and I deliberately stopped at India because once you start talking Afghan/Persian then you really need to start talking about SW Asia and things are heated enough in talking about that region before discussing whether Lebanese food is just Syrian food with better marketing.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

psydude posted:

Hard agree, but I'd give the number one spot to Japanese just because of the diversity of the food on offer there as well as their uncanny ability to perfect international dishes.

“chinese food” covers about a billion different regional cuisines and the second largest population on the planet. calling japanese food diverse, compared to chinese, is like calling your midwestern town diverse because they have both a popeye’s and a taco bell. they’re not even in the same universe.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I've got a cutting board permentantly stained yellow from turmeric so I may be biased but goddamn I love me some Indian food. Just heap on the rice and curry.

Close second for Thai.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

My Spirit Otter posted:

edit: not arguin with a dude who compared a perceived genocide with an actual genocide his family members are participating in.

I don’t think you understood what I meant, but I’d be tickled pink if you just did us all a favor and exercised your index finger and just put me on ignore. You’ll never have to read my posts again. And I won’t think any less of you as a person, and you won’t have to think of me at all!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

I don’t think you understood what I meant, but I’d be tickled pink if you just did us all a favor and exercised your index finger and just put me on ignore. You’ll never have to read my posts again. And I won’t think any less of you as a person, and you won’t have to think of me at all!

ya know what I've stood by idly with your wild posting here but this is a bridge too far. NOBODY should use the ignore button, ignore is the cowards way and not the path of a true poster

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arrath posted:

goddamn I love me some Indian food. Just heap on the rice and curry.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

maffew buildings posted:

ya know what I've stood by idly with your wild posting here but this is a bridge too far. NOBODY should use the ignore button, ignore is the cowards way and not the path of a true poster

WHO THE gently caress IS YELLING LOG OFF AT ME?!?! I WILL NEVER LOG OFF!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hypnophant posted:

“chinese food” covers about a billion different regional cuisines and the second largest population on the planet. calling japanese food diverse, compared to chinese, is like calling your midwestern town diverse because they have both a popeye’s and a taco bell. they’re not even in the same universe.

yeah for example in the uk it’s French fries, chicken tenders, and powdered curry mix

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
gently caress's sake can we please move on

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
imagining McNally popping Tums every time he opens this thread

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Eason the Fifth posted:

imagining McNally popping Tums every time he opens this thread

because of the indian food, right?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

pmchem posted:

:lol:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

All afternoon I have been opening this thread and smacking my head into the wall right after because no matter how hard I try I cannot imagine what any of the great and diverse cuisines of the asian continent could have been like before the columbian exchange

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Lebanese food is just Syrian food with better marketing.

Be right back, gonna go start a fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

pmchem posted:

:nice: