Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

is this what its been like every week in comic land?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
You think we'll get an actual reveal or they're going to drag it out somehow for 1 more week?

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

is this what its been like every week in comic land?

You should see the break weeks

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

This week is particularly bad because of last chapter’s cliffhanger plus all the warnings about spoilers, my hype levels would shatter a scanner

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pureauthor posted:

You think we'll get an actual reveal or they're going to drag it out somehow for 1 more week?

vegapunk starts up his big shocking revelation, immediately cut to goatse

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Pureauthor posted:

I think it will be another couple of chapters before the big Vegapunk lore drop, it feels like every time something big is about to be revealed in this arc, we have been cutting to Blackbeard/Morgans/Sabo/etc. Not that I mind, some of my favorite episodes/chapters earlier on in the series were when we would get updates on what else is going on around the world between arcs. Now it's happening all the time

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

probably a whole chapter of people reacting to the announcement with shock but we dont actually find out what it was until much later

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Havoc904 posted:

I'm pretty sure scans were dropping on Fridays back when I first got caught up in 2017 during WCI right? Then suddenly they jumped up by a day or two, then have been flucuating between Wednesdays and Thursdays for the past few years.

Scans were friday drops for years, back from the late 00s early 10s. The Wednesday Thursday drops are real nice, a mid-week treat to help make it through. That said,

...chapter?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

PirateZim posted:

You should see the break weeks

isn't that immediately after this one?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Vegapunk will reveal to the world that the World Government... Is hiding something!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Meowywitch posted:

isn't that immediately after this one?

Yes :smith:

Oda leaves most chapters on a cliffhanger, it's just easier to not notice when you can immediately get the payoff. Granted, "Hello World, wanna know about that mystery I've teased for 20 years" hits different than characters reacting aghast to someone off screen.

Surprised there isn't a bad translation out yet, raws are.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Break weeks are the perfect time to talk about Nami being half mermaid or what country Brook is from or any number of crackpot theories.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I believe in the Hollow Vearth

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Upsidads posted:

Ok saw Strong world Red and Gold
I think I'll never watch another one piece movie
Haven't seen the anime since season one and in Japanese. Is it worth watching if these movies are the kind of filler to expect?

Yes and no
The anime hasn’t had proper “filler arcs” in forever. What it generally does now is just go through the material very slowly, only covering one chapter per episode or sometimes even less. The quality throughout the series is very inconsistent with Dressrosa in particular being a really shoddy adaptation. At the same time, the anime has very high highs, especially in the more recent episodes. Yamato’s flashback about Ace has some amazing anime-only scenes that I rank up there with some of the most iconic One Piece moments.
I would not recommend watching through every single episode of the anime unabridged but there are parts of the anime that are very worthwhile.

G8 owns

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 29, 2024

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I would like my chapter NOW, please!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

CHAPTER!?!?!?!????????!!!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Augus posted:

The quality throughout the series is very inconsistent with Dressrosa in particular being a really shoddy adaptation. At the same time, the anime has very high highs, especially in the more recent episodes. Yamato’s flashback about Ace has some amazing anime-only scenes that I rank up there with some of the most iconic One Piece moments.

wait so is Yamato freaking out about the card anime only?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Meowywitch posted:

yeah, I was really surprised to find out it wasn’t

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Condariano's reaction when the marines go,"Well, that settles it, no need for an interrogation!" is amazing :allears:

When I got to that section of the anime I remember thinking,"Weird, I don't remember this part of the manga" but it absolutely felt like it belonged.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Meowywitch posted:

Wait really? I almost never watch the anime and I definitely “remembered” that happening in the manga: if that’s true and it’s anime only it’s always cool to identify false memories in real time. It’s honestly sort of scary how quickly your brain will just adapt and think something is true sometimes.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Wait really? I almost never watch the anime and I definitely “remembered” that happening in the manga: if that’s true and it’s anime only it’s always cool to identify false memories in real time. It’s honestly sort of scary how quickly your brain will just adapt and think something is true sometimes.
the cool thing about fiction is that you can decide for yourself what is meaningful and true

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

edit: sorry.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

the cool thing about fiction is that you can decide for yourself what is meaningful and true

This is true, I often forget that not everyone reads Nami as a lesbian who is in love with Vivi, but has a girlfriend on every island she visits while still intending to settle down in Alabasta. Media comprehension is sadly at an all time low...

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

blossommirage posted:

This is true, I often forget that not everyone reads Nami as a lesbian who is in love with Vivi, but has a girlfriend on every island she visits while still intending to settle down in Alabasta. Media comprehension is sadly at an all time low...

This is canon. Oda told me so in a dream.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

blossommirage posted:

i believe it

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Someone fly to Japan ASAP and restart TCB

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

SBS is starting to come out from the most recent volume. Among the standouts:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Ch...apter........

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

CatstropheWaitress posted:

incredible stuff

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

CatstropheWaitress posted:

so the mustache is from the fruit….

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
losing my patience

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Finally someone asking the real questions.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Been a while since I’ve seen the thread fiending this hard for the new chap

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

JahRoo posted:

Shut up and find the chapter.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i need to see huge luffy squashing the evil spider-cow

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

well i read spoilers (like I do frequently) but thats not the same as reading the chapter obv

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

JahRoo posted:

Dude this is a cliffhanger that will only be surpassed by Luffy opening the big treasure chest marked The One Piece, of course we’re tweaking