Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm still hopeful somebody will leak it. This is just such insanely bad PR, these MBA jerkoffs don't have a loving clue what they're doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm still hopeful somebody will leak it. This is just such insanely bad PR, these MBA jerkoffs don't have a loving clue what they're doing

"Hmmm, should I go with the dudes who unilaterally throw things in the crapper before they see the light of day or, like, absolutely anyone else?"

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Monica Bellucci posted:

"Hmmm, should I go with the dudes who unilaterally throw things in the crapper before they see the light of day or, like, absolutely anyone else?"

The terrible thing is Zaslav doesn't care. He might even be happy that WB can't attract any talent so he can go all in on WB doing nothing but churning out crappy reality shows.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

High Warlord Zog posted:

Looks like Coyote vs Acme is getting deleted after all

https://twitter.com/OrvilleIV/status/1763244251922723127

The Producers but instead they just never run it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

High Warlord Zog posted:

Looks like Coyote vs Acme is getting deleted after all.

Warner brothers just doing it's best to deserve it's upcoming bankruptcy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Panic decisions after the Paramount merger fell through.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Hasturtium posted:

Wicked Prayer is exactly the kind of movie you want to watch when you’re laid up on painkillers after major surgery. I got to, and I no longer wonder what the director of Six String Samurai is up to. And don’t forget Vaguely Humiliated Dennis Hopper as a secondary antagonist!

Now you've broken my heart because I loved 6-String Samurai and had no idea he directed the second worst Crow sequel.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Panic decisions after the Paramount merger fell through.

Now now, Zaslav's been doing this for years. If anything the Paramount merger might’ve saved them from their failures in literally every department and relying on busy work for tax write off's.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

joylessdivision posted:

Now you've broken my heart because I loved 6-String Samurai and had no idea he directed the second worst Crow sequel.

I forget the details, but I was told by someone who knew him that the director fell hard into drugs after he got some money from 6-String Samurai's success.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Monica Bellucci posted:

That was definitely the rumor around the first round of vanishings where people were being told to cancel all development meetings with WB.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

joylessdivision posted:

I am sorry to have burdened you with this knowledge… but what’s the worst Crow sequel if Wicked Prayer isn’t it?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Hasturtium posted:

I am sorry to have burdened you with this knowledge… but what’s the worst Crow sequel if Wicked Prayer isn’t it?

City of Angels, mostly because it's the first sequel, has a budget, and manages to totally botch the whole thing.

Wicked Prayer is bad, no doubt, but it's the 3rd sequel, and the second DTV one, so it's not like expectations were high.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

joylessdivision posted:

City of Angels, mostly because it's the first sequel, has a budget, and manages to totally botch the whole thing.

Wicked Prayer is bad, no doubt, but it's the 3rd sequel, and the second DTV one, so it's not like expectations were high.

It also has an astoundingly terribe Iggy Pop not acting in a scene at all until it comes up to his line, then he lollops forward terribly, stops, and says, "He's a crispy critter!" in a semi-strangled voice of Act Ing On Camera.

So, second best, really.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://x.com/thefatspaceman/status/1763346742005629118?s=20

Well this is deeply weird

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Milf Manor broke the seal on something horrible.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I remember there being some minor tabloid fodder about her getting him to take bikini pics of her for instagram when he was 15, which I can't imagine being super healthy.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Monica Bellucci posted:

It also has an astoundingly terribe Iggy Pop not acting in a scene at all until it comes up to his line, then he lollops forward terribly, stops, and says, "He's a crispy critter!" in a semi-strangled voice of Act Ing On Camera.

So, second best, really.

There's a fan cut of that movie I have that's well, I really dig it. If you absolutely despise City of Angels I don't think it would change your opinion but it's definitely a waaaaay better cut of the movie.

Something the Weinstein's did was rearrange the order the gang members get killed in and give Iggy Pop a lot more screen time when originally he was the second most prominent goon and Thuy Trang was the actual gang leader (and is the one who kills the kid). They did their best and used some unfinished footage and all kinds of stuff to try to make it as close to what Tim Pope was going for as possible, to the point where he actually gave it his approval (unlike the "director's cut" you can buy which was done without any involvement from him at all)!

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
It would be fair to say I watched it once, opening night. Very much so a let down and The Crow is still the most watched-in-cinema movie for me.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Yeah. It’s like the flip side of Dario Argento casting his daughter Asia topless in so many of his movies.

Also I can’t figure out whether Argento’s Dracula 3D is as bad as Crow: Wicked Prayer or worse. But it’s probably more depressing.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I know I've seen all of The Crow films but I can only remember the original, City of Angels, Wicked Prayer. And the Stairway to Heaven TV show, of which I only ever saw the pilot and it was just a PG version of the original film that resulted in Top Dollar wiggling around on the floor saying 'cheese' to demonstrate that he had gone crazy because of all of the memories of people he had hurt flooding back to him at once.

I know I could just google it but I'm genuinely trying to remember the other one.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

There's been more bad Crow movies than good ones, so I don't see this reboot changing that ratio much.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Using the nipple as the eye on that tattoo in the new The Crow makes it look like the tattoo face has a really really bad eye infection.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Hasturtium posted:

Yeah. It’s like the flip side of Dario Argento casting his daughter Asia topless in so many of his movies.

Also I can’t figure out whether Argento’s Dracula 3D is as bad as Crow: Wicked Prayer or worse. But it’s probably more depressing.

Dracula 3D is terrible. It's PS1 rear end CGI however is hysterical.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

There's going to be a movie about this guy in 30 years and it's going to be incredible and off-putting.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Guys I’m starting to think David “Honey BooBoo” Zaslav might be an idiot and a scumbag.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Detective No. 27 posted:

He wasn’t the criminal. He was the innocent fiancée to the murderer.
And he was the murder victim in another Columbo, beaten to death with a tire iron by Patrick McGoohan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.screendaily.com/news/daniel-bernhardt-to-star-in-reboot-of-roger-cormans-deathstalker-films-exclusive/5191164.article
Stephen Kostanki (Psycho Goreman) is writing/directing a remake of Deathstalker which will star Daniel Bernhardt (Future War)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sick but I wish he got Psycho Goreman 2 off the ground

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.screendaily.com/news/daniel-bernhardt-to-star-in-reboot-of-roger-cormans-deathstalker-films-exclusive/5191164.article
Stephen Kostanki (Psycho Goreman) is writing/directing a remake of Deathstalker which will star Daniel Bernhardt (Future War)

OH MY GOD YES

Daniel Bernhardt was in sequels to Bloodsport also. I loving love Bloodsport 2, recommend it. Bloodspprt 3 has some fun fighters in it but is pretty blah overall

He does a lot of stunt stuff and was one of the prominent agents in the Matrix flicks too.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Deathstalker flicks already have magic and undead warriors and poo poo in them just have Psycho Goreman or one of the The Void creatures cameo in it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Do a future war sequel first

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

I need to make this my ringtone just to piss everyone off.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

galagazombie posted:

Movie should end with the SNL reunion concert actually happening, ushering in a new golden age ala the ending of Gladiator.

Doesn’t this movie already exist but with SNL not having the money to do it

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1764690437145505888

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

where the gently caress are these people getting money from

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Who needs steamboat Willy when AI will make your Willy McDuff OC do-not-steal public domain right out the gate

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The unknown is just the boy but with candy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Piñata Brahms

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Neo Rasa posted:

OH MY GOD YES

Daniel Bernhardt was in sequels to Bloodsport also. I loving love Bloodsport 2, recommend it. Bloodspprt 3 has some fun fighters in it but is pretty blah overall

He does a lot of stunt stuff and was one of the prominent agents in the Matrix flicks too.

Bernhardt has a ton of great action scenes: he's the security chief who defeats Wick in the club in the first movie; he has the big fight in Barry; he's in the Atomic Blonde big hand to hand fight, and he's one of the guys in the Nobody bus scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

This is spin kicking a dinosaur in future war erasure