Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You need 1800mp for flare minimum, right?

e: 800! Thanks goons.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

quiggy posted:

What's the easiest-to-acquire Ether that gives enough mana for Flare? I have all DoH/DoL classes at 90 and am perfectly happy to craft them if that's the answer.

You can buy a flare ether at Ishgard's apothecary.

Mr. Nice! posted:

You need 1800mp for flare minimum, right?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

quiggy posted:

What's the easiest-to-acquire Ether that gives enough mana for Flare? I have all DoH/DoL classes at 90 and am perfectly happy to craft them if that's the answer.

Its 800 mp to flare, a HQ ether or hi ether can do that, and nq ether above that

e; also for most medicines (like cordials too), HQ shaves 30s off the cooldown

RME fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 28, 2024

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I wait till there's a nice buildup of X-ethers (max ethers?) <300 gil on th MB then I clear them tf out

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

X ethers will do the job

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Kheldarn posted:

So my thinking is that Dawntrail will be released somtime in August. Mainly because it seems like they're planning to rerun all of the Seasonal Events that haven't been retired along with the regular ones, plus the new FF16 one in early April.

We know they're rerunning FF15 (started today), and Yo-Kai-Watch. They just reran the FF11 Iroha event. They still have Little Ladies' Day, Hatching-Tide, and the Make It Rain campaigns, and they'll probably slip the Moonfire Faire in before the release of DT. At this point, the only non-retired event is the DQ one, Breaking Brick Mountians. Add in the Genesis 2 MogTomes event, and that means there's 8 events to run before DT launches (9 if they rerun DQ).

Those events will finish around the end of July-ish, and If they throw in the DQ rerun, it'll finish closer to the start of August-ish.

Supposedly they're combining Hatching Tide and Little Ladies Day this year.

They did mention bringing back Yo-kai Watch but I agree with Vitamean, it would make a lot more sense to wait until there were 4 weapons to add. And the Yo-kai Watch event alone usually lasts a few months so people can have time to grind all the weapons.
I doubt they would change the release date of an expansion just to fit some crossover events, these are just to keep newer players subbed in the meantime. Like before Endwalker they ran the FFXV event and the DQX event but didn't bother with a rerun of FFXI until around 6.1.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Make ether chugging part of Black Mage's rotation imo

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Make ether chugging part of Black Mage's rotation imo

BLM becomes FF14's only job to have a 50 minute burst reliant on the highest possible level of ether (as of this time, Super-).

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

leaptosleep posted:

Supposedly they're combining Hatching Tide and Little Ladies Day this year.

Makes sense since women lay eggs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i roll super ethers now, mostly for loving nier raids so i can get back to rezzing the other four that got smoked by Square Enix HQ alongside me asap

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NachtSieger posted:

BLM becomes FF14's only job to have a 50 minute burst reliant on the highest possible level of ether (as of this time, Super-).

I was thinking manafont becomes a secret flask that restores double the amount and reduced cooldown, but I like this idea too.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
add the actual passage of days and moons ingame and all blm spells cost zero mana no matter what on their nameday. according to my math it'd be one hour about once every two weeks irl?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

add the actual passage of days and moons ingame and all blm spells cost zero mana no matter what on their nameday. according to my math it'd be one hour about once every two weeks irl?

That's one way to drive up Fantasia sales

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

give blu mage the ability to craft so they can make blu flavoured gatorade (healing) and yellow flavoured gatorade (energy)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
baja blast is perfectly on theme there too

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

i roll super ethers now, mostly for loving nier raids so i can get back to rezzing the other four that got smoked by Square Enix HQ alongside me asap

Yeah if I'm playing a healer I have a stack of ethers on my hotbars just in case

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Jonny 290 posted:

Every arena should have actual leylines and if you don't place your leylines at a nexus of power it's dramatically weaker

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if its night time and the moon is in your deity's constellation you get a buff

MORE WITCHY STUFF PLS

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"C F 1 knows strats. JP, sup wheel, handstand instead of hatstand, NO CAPRICORNS"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Jonny 290 posted:

if its night time and the moon is in your deity's constellation you get a buff

MORE WITCHY STUFF PLS

This is Azeyma hate

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

quiggy posted:

Every arena should have actual leylines and if you don't place your leylines at a nexus of power it's dramatically weaker
Black Mage relative strats becoming real instead of just a meme terrifies me

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I decided to try out fishing for the first actual time today

and oh no, now i'm actually thinking about adjusting my wake-up times around this ocean voyage thing

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

MechaX posted:

and oh no, now i'm actually thinking about adjusting my wake-up times around this ocean voyage thing

You should try Big Fishing! First one's free.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

MechaX posted:

Ocean fishing is not worth loving up your sleep schedule. It'll always rotate over time to become more reasonable and putting too much pressure on one window will make it insanely frustrating.

Normal big fishing though? You better wake up at 3am or you definitely missed the one where you were gonna catch it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

For anyone that has done TOP and DSR, how big is the step in difficulty between the two? I've done DSR and I told myself that I would chill out until DT but the brain-worms are strong.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I've got friends insisting that TOP is easier than DSR

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I’ve come back with a friend who’s playing through from Heavensward. He’s at the end of Shadowbringers, and I’m going to gift him a level 90 crafted set so I’ve been overmelding and getting things prepped for that. But I also want to work on making some gil so I can buy a FC house for the absolutely official Hyperion goon FC (which has multiple people who logged in this month). So, how do people make gil these days if they have fully set up crafter and gatherer gear?

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Market's a bit hosed honestly. Right now it's just kinda lucky sells and preparing for Dawntrail. You can probably make more money, e.g. running Bozja for fragments to sell than actually crafting stuff.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Xun posted:

I've got friends insisting that TOP is easier than DSR
My observation as an outsider is that TOP has easier mechanics overall than DSR but the damage requirements are nuts. TOP phase 5 still has some wild stuff going on though. DSR never really seemed to have hard damage requirements outside of Estinien phase but the mechanics seem harder throughout the fight.

Chakan posted:

So, how do people make gil these days if they have fully set up crafter and gatherer gear?
In my experience, the only time DoH-DoL is ever really big money is when there's new gear to be crafted or when new housing wards are added. You can craft intermediate materials for people to buy which should sell regularly but not if you're looking for big bucks.

Like lines says, I'd look for other routes to make money. I've made like 40 million since mid-January by farming Eureka bunny chests, which give up to 100k gil just from the chest alone, and selling the fragments.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Chakan posted:

I’ve come back with a friend who’s playing through from Heavensward. He’s at the end of Shadowbringers, and I’m going to gift him a level 90 crafted set so I’ve been overmelding and getting things prepped for that. But I also want to work on making some gil so I can buy a FC house for the absolutely official Hyperion goon FC (which has multiple people who logged in this month). So, how do people make gil these days if they have fully set up crafter and gatherer gear?

I like to make money by checking in the morning and late at night and casually banging out 10 crafts while I watch a video or eat breakfast. Adjust prices at the same time, enjoy the brain grease of auction house play.

Check level 71-90 weapon markets and see which are abandoned or have a low number of sellers, see if you can flip 10k or less in mats into a 20-50k sale. Your mileage may vary based on server, server group, RP/non RP, number of competitors, price of mats, # of retainer slots, your philosophy on undercutting 1gil vs more, a butterfly flapping wings, etc. If mats are cheap enough you can make tidy profits even selling under what they cost to buy NQ from NPC vendors. A few sub-10k costs flipped into 30-40k sales a day builds steadily.

70+ seems to be the sweet spot of player effort to level the crafter vs NQ vendor worth vs money available for convenience. Everybody likes drip, everybody levels and wants their weapon to hit harder more than they want passive armor stat gains and there are a lot of markets there where you hit Trained Eye and Groundwork 1-2 times. Of course going 81-90(High Durium and up) means you have to pay attention but a vanilla 90 crafter set can reliably get full HQ on Durium and Bismuth gear every time with low effort.

I invested 500k to start in bulk mats and I'm up 14m + buying secondary mats as need arises. I could sell all my bulk goods for the inventory space and stop production anytime, probably will with DT(or I'll clear out my fishing baits and their associated catches!) 30m is nice for a non-Submarine haver, I figure I'll invest in updating my gear even down to the retainers(I've AFKed and daily ventured on them since 80) and then go for 50m+ by Dawntrail.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 29, 2024

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Eureka and Bozja farming both give good dollars, Eureka bunny chests give straight cash even when there isn't anything marketable inside, and with Bozja I got lucky last week and got a mount that sold for 17 million.
There's also treasure maps for gil.

snohax
May 30, 2011

If you enjoy difficult content and can get together a group for it, selling the orchestrions or mounts from the criterion dungeons is a pretty good return on time spent once you've got them on farm.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firmament gear and items are almost always in demand due to the low number of people doing FETEs or crafting for scrip. I'm a pretty regular FETE enjoyer, and the random drops combined with scrip purchases have made me probably 30m over the last year alone.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
A well-played Warrior can solo Aquapolis. I've gotten to the bottom before.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Vermain posted:

I'm a pretty regular FETE enjoyer

oh?

(yes that's not how "fete" is pronounced let me have my fun)

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chakan posted:

Depending on your server banging out magitek repair kits is easy and could be quite profitable. It's a consumable for submarine stuff and used pretty regularly. Costs 1 dark matter cluster and 5 grade 6 dark matter per kit and is a level 50 recipe.

If you need a quick cash injection for your FC you could also liquidate FC points for cash by selling ceruleum tanks, seem to be going for 200k+ per 999 on NA servers

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Xun posted:

you could also liquidate FC points for cash by selling ceruleum tanks, seem to be going for 200k+ per 999 on NA servers

where can I buy ceruleum tanks from players?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

leaptosleep posted:

where can I buy ceruleum tanks from players?

I usually put up a post in PF or a WTB in the submarine discord

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone else joining me on my quest to max DoH jobs? So far I maxed WVR and I'm working on all the others from lvl 50-70 atm. I already got all my relics done faster than I expected and I feel the great maw of boredom coming closer to each login.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

oh?

(yes that's not how "fete" is pronounced let me have my fun)

yeah i like collecting FETE toekens, what of it