Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

the motherfuckin' foomin cousin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was kinda enjoying micro maniacs until the levels where you need to jump

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

I was kinda enjoying micro maniacs until the levels where you need to jump

yeah i found once i hit the middle courses the fact that it controls like you're in zero grav really starts to make things fickle

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

TIME OVER for Magic Pengel, and the clock starts now for :twisted: Roguelike Hell Month :twisted:! Good luck imps!

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Anyone who's going to give ADOM a shot, the Steam version has significant upsides over the free version. Being able to pick your starsign is a big help and personalized mode will save you a lot of clicking when you're dying a lot but want to stick with the same build.

It was in a humble bundle a while back so reseller sites are flooded with <$1 keys.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

Anyone who's going to give ADOM a shot, the Steam version has significant upsides over the free version. Being able to pick your starsign is a big help and personalized mode will save you a lot of clicking when you're dying a lot but want to stick with the same build.

It was in a humble bundle a while back so reseller sites are flooded with <$1 keys.

buying from resellers is NOT supporting the devs. mods??

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I offer TomeNet for your consideration for Roguelike Hell Month.

While there is almost no chance you will beat it for the Pick Your Own Roguelike trophy, I'd still like to highlight it as a standout oddity. It's a Multiplayer, Real Time Hack of an Angband port.
You can run through dungeons, killing Smeagol or Wormtongue with a few others.

Tales of Maj'Eyal as it's currently known, used to be Troubles of Middle Earth. It included Tolkien enemies as well as Dragonriders of Pern content before the creator was sued by Ubisoft and the author Anne MccAffrey.
Tome 2.0 is hard to find nowadays, but TomeNet is still easily accessible at https://www.tomenet.eu/

You can run your own local server or connect to the static server that usually has 4 or 5 people online. I'm hoping to get a few goons playing this as its one of my favorite roguelikes, so i'm offering to buy a couple copies of Caves of Qud for anyone that gives it a serious try.

The first 3 Imps who sticks around to play long enough to defeat a dungeon will get a copy of CoQ (or another Roguelike) on me. I'm happy to offer character or system advice, or join you in playing.

Starting in Bree town

Character building, at https://www.tomenet.eu/skill_builder.php?b=0%7C0%7C1

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm gonna wait and see what roguelike imps go for the most so I can read the most tips. second mouse gets the cheese

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

: Unlock any secret track

trying to get 1st in that stupid camera level made me hate these controls lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

looking wistfully at the first game recommended on this game's page on gamefaqs

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

line 1 in my nethack journal - up is bad.

or wait maybe it's good, i survived. is that a win?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Waited too long to eat a corpse and died. Is that a YASD?

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

: Slay Sigmund

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

what is this game

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wore a random amulet without identifying, got strangled to death. Didn't even notice I started with a scroll of identify.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

playing DoomRL on ITYTD and expecting to look over my shoulder to see IT frowning at me like a disappointed dad. means im not getting turned into red mist by floor 2 though, and now that i'm starting to understand how player/enemy turns work and when to fire this is whipping rear end

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Magic Missiled myself.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

i'll try out DoomRL for sure. if i'm having a blast i'll try out another title, probably nethack.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

hey sub, i think you missed a couple of my trophies. the beat 3 levels in Ninja five-o and unlock the design palette for magic pengel

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

: Rescue a puppy
: Clear either the village dungeon or the druid dungeon

I think the farthest I ever got in Adom was getting the Orb of Water once. Maybe I can get a little further this time

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

got a berserk power-up, entered a staircase, and met the cyberdemon face-to-face so i just shoved rockets into him from three inches away until he died lol. spider mastermind wiped the floor with me later since i did a whoopsie and dropped my upgraded armor and also only went into the fight with a single large medkit but i think i have the gist of things now

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

im really digging adom in comparison to nethack lol.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

: Finish Mehmet’s first quest

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

: Enter the Lair of the Beasts

worshipped at the first faded altar and pulled elyvilon, haven't used a single invocation yet. got the robe of vines and an orb of channeling on my djinn. basically regenerating mp as quickly as I cast spells :regd10:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

French Accent posted:

i'll try out DoomRL for sure. if i'm having a blast i'll try out another title, probably nethack.

speaking of doom: now that the izgc wad is released (on doomworld at least), should the downloads page on the game club website be edited to reflect that?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

mbt posted:

Same. I'm dropping nethack as soon as I get the mining town trophy.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mbt posted:

Nethack is for sickos. ADoM is cool but I've never been able to get anywhere in it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

hey sub, i think you missed a couple of my trophies. the beat 3 levels in Ninja five-o and unlock the design palette for magic pengel

oh yeah thanks! just forgot to upload your page for some reason lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

French Accent posted:

speaking of doom: now that the izgc wad is released (on doomworld at least), should the downloads page on the game club website be edited to reflect that?

yeah somebody should probably get on that.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

Same. I'm dropping nethack as soon as I get the mining town trophy.

coward

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

adoms way more polished for sure lol. theres no game like nethack though, its honestly incredible

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

line 1 in my nethack journal - up is bad.

or wait maybe it's good, i survived. is that a win?

Congrats lol. you have earned:

quote:

: (YASD) Turn around and leave immediately

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Magic Missiled myself.

great job! you have earned:

quote:

: (YASD) Blast yourself with a spell ricochet

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

Congrats lol. you have earned:

Sub-Actuality posted:

great job! you have earned:

lmfao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

oh yeah thanks! just forgot to upload your page for some reason lol

:cheers:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Nethack is for sickos.

Greetings.

: Reach Minetown

About to die horribly to a wererat just outside a Izchak's because my dog is too busy eating.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

French Accent posted:

We can hold off bc I've got a bug list building by watching ppl stream it, there's better compatibility built now for more ports and I will upload a final version to the idgames archive soon ish. So no rush.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also in the spirit of rogue games I decided to just roll a dice to pick what game I'm gonna play. Let see where I land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut