Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

big nipples big life posted:

what the hell happened to the second email?

Look at this content locust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

shyduck posted:

What the hell happened to Alpeen

Ceci n’est pas une good team.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

shyduck posted:

French hubris.

Hell of a thing.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

shyduck posted:

They stuck an 800lb F2 front wing/nose on their car this year, for some reason.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

sacre bleu

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Their engine is subpar and their car is like 10kg too heavy

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

shyduck posted:

a funny thing i noticed is that before every race the fia asks every team to list the changes they've made to the car and mark them up for them on a handy fia provided form.

and alpine says they've rebuilt the entire car over the winter break, but they only list 3 changes on the form

meanwhile williams made 14 changes to their car over the break

i think alpines mechanics went on a nice prolonged winter holiday and didn't do jack poo poo

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Weren't those just the changes since testing?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fart barterer posted:

They stuck an 800lb F2 front wing/nose on their car this year, for some reason.

c'est un schnozz-français

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

shyduck posted:

french

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

French team collapsing early for the home crowd

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

shyduck posted:

they hate america OP

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

shyduck posted:

Solidarity with French farmers by driving at the speed of tractors

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ArmedZombie posted:

they hate america OP

Look we were listing their negative traits

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Edit: beaten.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlMlcuF7d0w

Finally some proper F1 journalism

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I really wish F1 TV had a Samsung Smart TV app like so many other sports do. No way I want to get an account to watch it on my Iphone, or worse, screen share my iphone up to my TV. Screw that noise. Just write a goddamn app, will you please? Its already basically written for you fucks since SamsungOS is a type of AndroidOS

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cimber posted:

I really wish F1 TV had a Samsung Smart TV app like so many other sports do. No way I want to get an account to watch it on my Iphone, or worse, screen share my iphone up to my TV. Screw that noise. Just write a goddamn app, will you please? Its already basically written for you fucks since SamsungOS is a type of AndroidOS

The roku app will not let you start an event from the beginning if it's still running live so if a race starts before I get up I have to try to peek at the progress bar without seeing the standings while I rewind it to the beginning. It's maddening.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Small PC strapped to the back of the TV continues to win

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wow it works seamlessly on my Apple TV 4K. Sucks for you

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I sent feedback asking for a PS5 F1TV app and all I got was a canned response with where the app is available. Not even a, "thank you for the suggestion" in that canned response.

Sham of an organization.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

There’s an Apple TV app if you want to buy another box for your TV.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Cimber posted:

since SamsungOS is a type of AndroidOS

Samsung TVs run on Tizen, which is as far as any smart tv os beside LG webos is from android.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

smackfu posted:

There’s an Apple TV app if you want to buy another box for your TV.

The point of having a smart TV is I don't need to buy devices to attach to my TV. So no need for a roku, firestick, apple tv or any other bullshit.

SlowBloke posted:

Samsung TVs run on Tizen, which is as far as any smart tv os beside LG webos is from android.

Oh, is it? I thought it was Android based. My bad.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

I really wish TVs didn't come with an OS. It's all just shovelware for tracking and other poo poo nobody wants.

I'd rather save a few bucks and put it towards a $45 dongle I can replace every five years.

Same issue with the lovely proprietary OS / navigation systems in cars. My Corolla will live 20 years beyond the last crappy firmware update. Just give me a screen and an easy way to replace it with the latest Android OS / Carplay receiver.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

:chloe:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Cimber posted:

Amazon fire sticks are cheap, get one of them and an IPTV service with an annual fee cheaper than a month of Sky Sports and you've basically got every TV channel outside of China. If you're a glutton for punishment you can even set it up as DVR for the races that aren't at sociable hours in your locale.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

fart barterer posted:

I really wish TVs didn't come with an OS. It's all just shovelware for tracking and other poo poo nobody wants.

I'd rather save a few bucks and put it towards a $45 dongle I can replace every five years.

Same issue with the lovely proprietary OS / navigation systems in cars. My Corolla will live 20 years beyond the last crappy firmware update. Just give me a screen and an easy way to replace it with the latest Android OS / Carplay receiver.

Okay ya but have you considered that they want to monetize your data?

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Cimber posted:

The point of having a smart TV is I don't need to buy devices to attach to my TV. So no need for a roku, firestick, apple tv or any other bullshit.

Can you even buy a dumb tv anymore? The point of buying an Apple TV or something is so you don’t need to use the janky built-in cringeware and instead can use something with more than one megahert that was build by people who have heard of UX

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Diorama posted:

Can you even buy a dumb tv anymore?

Yeah, it's called Sky Glass and it's extremely loving dumb.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Cimber posted:

no the point of a smart tv is to collect data on what you watch and when so the tv company can sell that to other companies

Diorama posted:

Can you even buy a dumb tv anymore? The point of buying an Apple TV or something is so you don’t need to use the janky built-in cringeware and instead can use something with more than one megahert that was build by people who have heard of UX

yes, but they tend to be very expensive displays meant for studio use. some people just go with large computer displays but that's a whole other bowl of coco pops

the milk machine fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 1, 2024

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Passioné in the tweets, coco puffs in the sheets.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the milk machine posted:

no the point of a smart tv is to collect data on what you watch and when so the tv company can sell that to other companies

If you can't connect the dots between this and why every "smart" TV's interface is half assed and thrown together versus a separate box you actually have to pay for then I've got some Nigerian prince emails to show you

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Xakura posted:

You're right, it is pretty close, but max with a 1 sec advantage is going to win just like max with a .1 sec advantage, they don't generally gently caress up.

Now ferrari, there's a team that makes having the faster car exciting.

Believe me, I know, I got roasted last season for posting about hating Max

But I can live with the rest of the field being interesting, I somehow started watching F1 in 2018 where like nothing happened ever

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Diorama posted:

Can you even buy a dumb tv anymore?

You still can, it's just incredibly expensive as you must fess up for business or signage displays.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Tony quidprano posted:

If you can't connect the dots between this and why every "smart" TV's interface is half assed and thrown together versus a separate box you actually have to pay for then I've got some Nigerian prince emails to show you

it's because they're using absolute bottom of the barrel hardware so it's cheaper

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Sorry bud, if you bought a TV and paid extra for any smart features you are a rube, they have literally always been a pile of poorly built and badly maintained poo poo.

Your TV is just a panel to reproduce images and you should be supplying it with a device that is actually going to be maintained, or that you can swap out easily.

Some F1 happened I guess, but that isnt important right now

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

Thinking about it more.. other smart TV owners who actually connect it to the wifi are subsidizing manufacturing costs?

Maybe smart TVs own actually?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the milk machine posted:

it's because they're using absolute bottom of the barrel hardware so it's cheaper

It's because you the end user are not the target market for the software. you're the product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
eagerly looking forward to another season of ignoring every race unless red bull uncharacteristically gently caress something up and still win anyway