Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

All these extra pages rule. I enjoyed the early adventuring tour from Laios's perspective where he fully misses most of what's going on with his party because all he thinks about is going deeper into the dungeon to see more monsters. I definitely think some of Shuro's stuff is retroactive rather than something thought out for chapter one (not a critique, just a feeling), but it works retroactively as part of Laios's characterization of just not noticing anything about the people around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Please trigger, please trigger, also do monster tidbits as well later, this can't be the only amount of Kiki i get in the anime :'(

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, that's my only (extremely minor!) complaint about the anime. The extra chapters and tidbits contain an absolute treasure trove of neat characterizations, cool lore and significantly expands on minor characters. It's a huge shame that they have not been included in the anime so far.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

a lot of them exist outside of the narrative space of the story, so as much as i love those extras i'm not really sure how'd they'd be slotted in without it feeling like a jarring break from what's happening

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

forgot how good of a bit it was for namari to show back up completely unrepentant and immediately get her brain blasted out

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

separate short-form anime adaptation that’s just five-minute renditions of the omake

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

The world needs to know about Namari's leg fetish

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
This is what DVD extras are for

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

A series of shorts on Youtube seems the way the studios do it now.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The two chapters in this episode are wildly dense with threads that'll eventually get elaborated on. It's kind of crazy how much was already locked in this early, and that what they bring up is never awkwardly placed.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I'm just glad we finally got the first onscreen depiction of revival magic, so I can stop seeing people somehow miss the fact that there's revival magic

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

panko posted:

separate short-form anime adaptation that’s just five-minute renditions of the omake

yeah this is how i was imagining it

RuBisCO posted:

The world needs to know about Namari's leg fetish

*nods sagely*

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Forgot how dang sweaty she got over leg pouches, probably has a bunch of Rob Liefeld stashed in the bottom of her pack.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Sagabal posted:

forgot how good of a bit it was for namari to show back up completely unrepentant and immediately get her brain blasted out

imagining that poster in the anime thread who was watching it with his 5 year old

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

imagining that poster in the anime thread who was watching it with his 5 year old

All I could think of when they posted that was imagining them making it to the scene where they have to assemble Falin's skeleton piece by piece and amass her flesh anew lol

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

RuBisCO posted:

All I could think of when they posted that was imagining them making it to the scene where they have to assemble Falin's skeleton piece by piece and amass her flesh anew lol

Or Marcille/Izutsumi blasting succubi apart

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
All I want is for Larian to announce a game that takes place in the Delicious in Dungeon universe where they worked very closely with Kui.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
That's Chris Hemsworth

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I remember there being a short story where someone (Marcille?) sees the leg pouches and buys/makes some without thinking about what she would store in them, but I can't find that short story. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Nebrilos posted:

I remember there being a short story where someone (Marcille?) sees the leg pouches and buys/makes some without thinking about what she would store in them, but I can't find that short story. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I got you https://mangadex.org/chapter/4469be82-0247-4302-a096-b9f932663fa2/6

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Thank you.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Nebrilos posted:

a great comparison to namari's thing

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Not related to the main point of that page, but... the fact that ryoko kui clearly sat down and carefully thought out half-foot naming conventions (everyone has a compound first name made of 'two' names, your last name is the first half of your father's name plus an 's') is yet another example of her crazy-good worldbuilding

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I never noticed Kaka's alarmed face in the double panel of the twins there lmao.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/ls9RVpZ/1/1/

Laios' terrible social skills appears to be hereditary

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Actually feels good to find out that Laios' and Falin's parents weren't horrible monsters and actually still care about them, albeit in their own ways. Also lol at Marcille marching off to yell at them as the responsible 'adult'

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
also the most accurate representation of "well-meaning but dumb parent" with the mom lol

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/ls9RVpZ/1/1/

Laios' terrible social skills appears to be hereditary

Ohh I was wondering about this, and this gets so tantalizing close to telling us what his parents could possible think about Laios suddenly becoming a king.

His mom strikes much too close too home, though nice to know they were both well-meaning enough.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
A fanart crossover with The Apothecary Diaries.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Lots of fun crossover art this for between Frieren, Dungeon Meshi and Apothecary Diaries

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

RuBisCO posted:

Ohh I was wondering about this, and this gets so tantalizing close to telling us what his parents could possible think about Laios suddenly becoming a king.

His mom strikes much too close too home, though nice to know they were both well-meaning enough.

Soaking a child in herb water sounds adorable.

Smacking them with herbs, not so much.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Reminds me of the time my mom tried to vacuum lice off my head because she didn't want to have to shave my head.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
As someone with a (maybe undiagnosed autistic? Certainly poor explainer) father, that also felt... pretty real.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I love Senshi's record of trying to teach Izutsumi manners :3:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
he did a pretty good job of bringing her from "cat" all the way up to "cat"

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
No I swear. Turning to dust annnnnnny second now.

Annnnnnnnnnnny second now.

See, dust! No wait that's dandruff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

A jargogle posted:

No I swear. Turning to dust annnnnnny second now.

Annnnnnnnnnnny second now.

See, dust! No wait that's dandruff.

Pictured: Windsor family descendants waiting for the British crown.