Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We’ve found Jos Verstappen’s red line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

I wouldn't go pouring Gatorade on McLaren just yet.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Jesus when you've even lost Jos' support...

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Yeah incredible... Jos would be the last person I imagined would turn on Horner.

MotoGP starting next weekend :woop: Could really use some actual racing after what I just watched.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Nowher posted:

Yeah incredible... Jos would be the last person I imagined would turn on Horner.
Not really tbh.
Jos seems to be in the Marko camp, which is the guy fully into the junior team pipeline and the guy that got Max into the team.
Horner seemingly entertains having 2 competitive drivers more, even if they come from outside RBR.

I guess if you want there is a good joke about not trashing your relationship in there somewhere.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zedd posted:

Not really tbh.
Jos seems to be in the Marko camp, which is the guy fully into the junior team pipeline and the guy that got Max into the team.
Horner seemingly entertains having 2 competitive drivers more, even if they come from outside RBR.

I guess if you want there is a good joke about not trashing your relationship in there somewhere.

horner prefers seed in hand over cultivation

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Jos Verstappen is anything like 1985 Canadian Osella driver Allen Berg then his ego is probably such that Jos thinks he could do a better job than Horner running the team.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Tony quidprano posted:

If Jos Verstappen is anything like 1985 Canadian Osella driver Allen Berg then his ego is probably such that Jos thinks he could do a better job than Horner running the team.
Oh it's very much also this. Max in his Dutch interviews is actually decently humble, Jos is anything but.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

It seems really likely Jos is behind this whole power play, and it's incredibly loving stupid.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jos doing a 4 stop strategy

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Zedd posted:

Oh it's very much also this. Max in his Dutch interviews is actually decently humble, Jos is anything but.

something about being a poo poo tier F1 driver just makes your ego puff up faster than the face of someone with cushings disease. you apparently lose all sense of perspective

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tony quidprano posted:

something about being a poo poo tier F1 driver just makes your ego puff up faster than the face of someone with cushings disease. you apparently lose all sense of perspective

I thought the fire did that

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Tickets were sold out for Dune 2day so I have to watch it tomorrow.

I'm going to see it tomorrow as well in IMAX. SInce there isn't a race on sunday, i have the day free. Woot!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

spaceblancmange posted:

this just in, christian horner sleeps nude in an oxygen tent which he believes gives him sexual powers

That's a half-truth!

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

toadee posted:

It seems really likely Jos is behind this whole power play, and it's incredibly loving stupid.

maybe marko is using this idiot to get even with horner amid the rumours they didnt want to re sign him

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

tl;dr I heard someone won a race and nothing else happened and goons whined how it was boring.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Williams and McLaren both drove away the greatest aerodynamicist in history because the folks in charge had such fragile egos. I wouldn't spend too much time trying to devise logical reasons why Jos would want Horner out.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Can we re-open the off season thread

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

FAUXTON posted:

horner prefers seed in hand over cultivation

Seems like a lot of horner's issues would be prevented if he kept the seed in the hand.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

ROFLBOT posted:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

ROFLBOT posted:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tony quidprano posted:

Jos Verstappen is incredible as he legitimately is one of the worst ever drivers to have a significantly long career. Only Alliot is worse probably.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frond posted:

Jos Verstappen is incredible as he legitimately is one of the worst ever drivers to have a significantly long career. Only Alliot is worse probably.

Jos Verstappen coasted off that one Arrows test the way some guys get into the NFL based entirely on being a 5 star recruit out of high school lol

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

FAUXTON posted:

jos doing a 4 stop strategy

How’s he expecting to be good at a 4 stop strategy when he could barely even manage the 3 stop strategy of Stop, Drop, and Roll

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Alpine’s technical director and head of aero have both resigned, though whether it’s in protest or disgrace I don’t know.

ja_raul
May 1, 2005

ROFLBOT posted:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
They’re on strike op

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GramCracker posted:

How’s he expecting to be good at a 4 stop strategy when he could barely even manage the 3 stop strategy of Stop, Drop, and Roll

because clearly he's past his prime

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

because clearly he's past his prime

Jos Verstappen finally passed something huh?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Griefor posted:

Jos Verstappen finally passed something huh?

jos failing to pass gas and being pissy about it for the rest of his life

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

FAUXTON posted:

jos failing to pass gas and being pissy about it for the rest of his life

No that was Ocon

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

niethan posted:

No that was Ocon

drat you're right

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

wicka posted:

Probably because the rest of the fanbase seems willfully ignorant to the fact that everyone is much closer to Red Bull than last year

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Frond posted:

Jos Verstappen is a terrible human being but he was a legitimately decent driver, no way was he anywhere close to Alliot tier. He dragged some absolute dogshit Arrows cars into the points, back when the points only went down to 6th.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Now that Jos has explicitly called for Horner’s head, it’ll be a bit awkward if Horner stays, no?

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Thanks Ants posted:

Rebus are you in the steering wheel department

Nope. I'm sure I could easily be doxxed if you hunt through my post history, but let's not be silly now.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Does Jos actually care, or does he just not like Horner because they’re both swaggering jerks and hopes that he’ll be able to bully a successor team principal more easily?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Diorama posted:

Now that Jos has explicitly called for Horner’s head, it’ll be a bit awkward if Horner stays, no?

Dont write horner off, he is sneaky little bastard and knows jos likes to comunicate with his fists.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pirate Radar posted:

Does Jos actually care, or does he just not like Horner because they’re both swaggering jerks and hopes that he’ll be able to bully a successor team principal more easily?

I think it's just the outcome of two colossal dickheads being made to work closely with each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rebus posted:

Nope. I'm sure I could easily be doxxed if you hunt through my post history, but let's not be silly now.

Holy poo poo, they kept you on the payroll Nick Latifi??