Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the footage from vegapunk is being streamed to the world live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

It doesn’t get brought up because “they” means Blackbeard’s not alone, the official translation even just says “it’s not just one guy”.

I don't buy the "Luffy and Zoro knew he had a whole crew on the Island, vaguely bringing up he might have a crew unprompted to Nami saying that guy might know skypeia, and didn't want to clarify to Nami about what they mean by more than one guy " explanation

Kild fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 3, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Don't we see his main crew members when Luffy, Zoro and Nami enter town? Jesus, Doc Q and Van Augur I think? We don't explicitly learn till later that they're part of BB's crew, and the Strawhats never see them all together, but I assume that Luffy and Zoro picked up that those three were stronger than most everybody else in the town and made the assumption that they were with Blackbeard who they also picked up on as strong (as I'm pretty sure Blackbeard did with them, or at least Luffy anyway, even if he didn't find out his true bounty till later).

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Don't we see his main crew members when Luffy, Zoro and Nami enter town? Jesus, Doc Q and Van Augur I think? We don't explicitly learn till later that they're part of BB's crew, and the Strawhats never see them all together, but I assume that Luffy and Zoro picked up that those three were stronger than most everybody else in the town and made the assumption that they were with Blackbeard who they also picked up on as strong (as I'm pretty sure Blackbeard did with them, or at least Luffy anyway, even if he didn't find out his true bounty till later).

The Strawhats didn’t see Augur in the conventional sense, only his handiwork sniping seagulls from an impossibly long distance. But yeah, Burgess is straight up beating people up and yelling “I’m the strongest!” which makes Luffy/Zoro do a “gently caress he say” double take, and Doc Q almost blew Luffy’s head up with a Russian roulette apple.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

anyway the real question is what did Oda mean when he named one of the Mermaids Nika

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Medaka_Mermaid_Quintuplets

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

old one piece was so clean

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Kild posted:

I don't buy the "Luffy and Zoro knew he had a whole crew on the Island, vaguely bringing up he might have a crew unprompted to Nami saying that guy might know skypeia, and didn't want to clarify to Nami about what they mean by more than one guy " explanation

is this the thinnest nami's waist has ever been?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Kild posted:

anyway the real question is what did Oda mean when he named one of the Mermaids Nika

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Medaka_Mermaid_Quintuplets

Ive seen people trying to say that Goka is the name of another hidden god fruit, obviously, why else would Oda be trying to hide the name here with Yonka Two? This sort of stuff must have started as a joke on a different comments section and just gets repeated as truth after a while

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i could see the goka thing being something, like a negative superstition where people dont talk about it or anything. like how buildings skip the 13th floor a lot of the time. but it is probably just him doing a funny oda style bit

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Kild posted:

Yeah, this doesn’t read like they’re talking about his crew members, though it does make me wonder how the original Japanese is phrased.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

rko posted:

Yeah, this doesn’t read like they’re talking about his crew members, though it does make me wonder how the original Japanese is phrased.

In Japanese it’s pretty much the same.

quote:

Nami: That guy might have known something about sky island… I wonder who he is.

Luffy: Who knows… but… it’s not “that guy”

Nami: ? Not that guy? Well… what?

Zoro: It’s “those guys”… Maybe.

Nami refers to BB using “aitsu” (that person), Luffy says it’s not “aitsu”, and when Nami doesn’t understand it Zoro says it’s “aitsura”, the plural form of aitsu.
I still think they’re talking about the crew though.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 3, 2024

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The official is out btw

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020362

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Eiba posted:

The livestream theory is that dead Vegapunks are somehow backed up or uploaded into Punk Records and the whole 'recording' is a live virtual environment.

vsnailers 🐌 😰😰😰

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Chopper probably watches too many vsnailers and Robin has to set snail screen time limits for him

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nami would become one after seeing how much money they get in subs

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Anyways here's a wild commercial advertising Volume 108 on the official One Piece Instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4DmxROx23Q/?igsh=MWc2dHB1Z3BoaHA2Mw==

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

In Japanese it’s pretty much the same.

Nami refers to BB using “aitsu” (that person), Luffy says it’s not “aitsu”, and when Nami doesn’t understand it Zoro says it’s “aitsura”, the plural form of aitsu.
I still think they’re talking about the crew though.

Thanks for checking! I hope we find out soon which one of us is right.

Julias posted:

The official is out btw

The way Saturn says “I’ll make the summons” is interesting. I wonder how that works.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Julias posted:

Anyways here's a wild commercial advertising Volume 108 on the official One Piece Instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4DmxROx23Q/?igsh=MWc2dHB1Z3BoaHA2Mw==

Getting the Panty Rabbit artist to do that is fukkin' genius.

For those without Insta

https://x.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1764304862509187121?s=20

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

For those without Insta

lol @ Franky trying to solve captchas

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

For those without Insta

lol this rules

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Shot in the dark guess: the Elders somehow have tied the life force of peons / slaves to themselves, so instead of them taking damage, some poor sap does instead

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Fecha posted:

Shot in the dark guess: the Elders somehow have tied the life force of peons / slaves to themselves, so instead of them taking damage, some poor sap does instead

I wonder who ate the Saw-Saw fruit?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I mean, that's Hawkins' power, right?

It would be thematically appropriate for the Gorosei to have a version of it, but they could just be impervious to physical attacks, like Lunarians with their flame on, or Big Mom for some reason.

In the worst case Luffy can just punch a hole through the planet's crust and dunk them into the magma again, I guess.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Eiba posted:

I mean, that's Hawkins' power, right?

It would be thematically appropriate for the Gorosei to have a version of it, but they could just be impervious to physical attacks, like Lunarians with their flame on, or Big Mom for some reason.

In the worst case Luffy can just punch a hole through the planet's crust and dunk them into the magma again, I guess.

There's definitely precedent for people who're just straight up immune to harm until they run out of whatever juice they have that makes them immune. It's just a matter of figuring out what kind of juice the Gorosei runs on and either running it down or cutting it off or negating it altogether.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Xelkelvos posted:

There's definitely precedent for people who're just straight up immune to harm until they run out of whatever juice they have that makes them immune. It's just a matter of figuring out what kind of juice the Gorosei runs on and either running it down or cutting it off or negating it altogether.

What if the Red Line is their magic circle converting the lives of everyone inside it into their life juice?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

So One Piece is the Philosopher's stone, got it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hey I'm still catching up but does Urouge do anything at all

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Meowywitch posted:

Its not that he hasnt done anything, its that if you catch up soon youll have the privilege of being able to watch Urogue do something live for the first time with all of us. Cause its gotta be coming.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ancwu_9KFTk

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Can't wait for Urogue to finally show up again in Elbaf.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Meowywitch posted:

Yes

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

urouge will get the straw hats out of this elder star predicament in no time flat

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bleck posted:

Or a person with a fruit snail power... hmm

it's gonna be hattori

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

GodFish posted:

What if the Red Line is their magic circle converting the lives of everyone inside it into their life juice?

Huh. I just remembered the real early Romance Dawn prototype for One Piece and how Luffy's first boss was an evil wizard. Guess that poo poo is coming back

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Urouge makes love

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Urouge is very dedicated to maintaining his current bounty and must never do anything so it never changes.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

Can't wait for Urogue to finally show up again in Elbaf.

My theory has been that they'll climb the giant tree at Elbaf, which will lead all the way up to another sky island, and Urouge will finally be relevant

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Elbaf is home to the giant pencil sharpener Urouge has been searching for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Vegapunk dying in Sanji's arms/Sanji carrying the corpse of a grandpa is pretty grim if you take a minute to think about it.