Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

contract Alpine, give their share in the F1 prize pool to AGS, bring back my beautiful gas station boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So last year (or was it two years ago) we had missile strikes at Jeddah. This year Houthis is getting really violent and visible in the Red Sea. Wouldn't striking a high profile, international sporting event be a pretty attractive thing to them, especially when that event is right on the loving water of the Red Sea?

Not sure having the race here this year is a great idea.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
<guy who only watches Drive to Survive to understand F1>

what missile strikes?

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

uninterrupted posted:

the next drive to survive will be directed by iannucci

Would love a clusterfuck F1 mockumentary about AAS F1 Team

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Cimber posted:

So last year (or was it two years ago) we had missile strikes at Jeddah. This year Houthis is getting really violent and visible in the Red Sea. Wouldn't striking a high profile, international sporting event be a pretty attractive thing to them, especially when that event is right on the loving water of the Red Sea?

are you trying to give them ideas??????????????????????

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Alpine have been poo poo for years so maybe all the top guys leaving is good

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Thanks Ants posted:

El Plan

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lewis hamilton wins the saudia arabia grand prix and wears the ansarallah slogan flag on the podium

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Nybble posted:

that’s why it’s called formula, it’s for babies who cry and moan and piss their pants when they don’t get their way

It's short for Formula One Month Old

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Nybble posted:

<guy who only watches Drive to Survive to understand F1>

what missile strikes?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Cimber posted:

Look at this post that is from 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 simultaneously

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

ilmucche posted:

Look at this post that is from 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 simultaneously

Fair point. Glad F1 listens to the fans.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

slave to my cravings posted:

Looking like goldeneye 64

There were less Polys back then

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Guenther to Alpine? lmfao.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

ryan reynolds angry

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Cimber posted:

- Nelson Piquet standing in the arrivals hall

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

"Find a photo where Jos doesn't look like he's about to murder his son" Challenge: Impossible.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ArmedZombie posted:

Marko and Jos really wants Horner gone huh

ChaosReaper posted:

Isn't Max under contract until like 2028 or something?

If you want the conspiracy theory, Max's contract was tied to Newey and Horner remaining.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Dumb poo poo just keeps dropping... MBS under investigation within FIA for pressuring stewards to drop penalty given to Alonso in Saudi last year
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68465516

Dudley posted:

If you want the conspiracy theory, Max's contract was tied to Newey and Horner remaining.

The one I saw today is it's if Marko leaves then he has an option to go.

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 4, 2024

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Assuming Helmut was going to live until 2028 was brave.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Thank god they didn't let Cadillac in. They just don't have their poo poo together like Alpine or Haas or Stake.com

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Hot takes by Berger

https://x.com/RBR_Daily/status/1764673785611841668?s=20

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Big fan of this extended bacon briefcase season

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lmao drat that would be just about the funniest outcome

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's incredible how Adrian Newey is a literal cheat code who guarantees you will win championships and yet teams cannot stop pissing him off.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Max to Mercedes and subsequently directly into Russell at the first corner twenty-four races in a row

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Other rumor cropping up today is Horner had wanted to buy Red Bull Racing in conjunction with some private backing, or at least a controlling stake by buying the 51% owned by the Thai Red Bull owner.

Figures Horner couldn't take Red Bull being sold to Porsche and him not ending up with ownership like Toto has at Red Bull, he's so obsessed.

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.

wicka posted:

It's incredible how Adrian Newey is a literal cheat code who guarantees you will win championships and yet teams cannot stop pissing him off.

It is mind boggling that any team wouldn't just let him do whatever he wants and write the cheque after they get 48 podiums in one season. Are they stupid?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Berger's on the beers early after they recovered his Ferrari, I see.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Red Warrior posted:

Dumb poo poo just keeps dropping... MBS under investigation within FIA for pressuring stewards to drop penalty given to Alonso in Saudi last year
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68465516

The one I saw today is it's if Marko leaves then he has an option to go.

For real, how did this douchebag end up as FIA prez? The last time we had a new one, there was a huge campaign and vote that took place, whereas with MBS he just seemed to...quietly inherit it? Was it just given to him or did the FIA actually vote this idiot in

He should go back to General Aladeen'ing in whatever fuckman rally he came from

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pirate Radar posted:

Max to Mercedes and subsequently directly into Russell at the first corner twenty-four races in a row

Keep going I'm about to explode

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:dafuq:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

For real, how did this douchebag end up as FIA prez? The last time we had a new one, there was a huge campaign and vote that took place, whereas with MBS he just seemed to...quietly inherit it? Was it just given to him or did the FIA actually vote this idiot in

He should go back to General Aladeen'ing in whatever fuckman rally he came from

The rich oil autocratic states have been dumping money into racing for decades. It's pretty straight forward how he got his position.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Red Warrior posted:

Other rumor cropping up today is Horner had wanted to buy Red Bull Racing in conjunction with some private backing, or at least a controlling stake by buying the 51% owned by the Thai Red Bull owner.

Figures Horner couldn't take Red Bull being sold to Porsche and him not ending up with ownership like Toto has at Red Bull, he's so obsessed.

isnt the rumor that the Thai owners stepped in to save horner?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Thai owners stepped in to save Horner because they want to see the sale of their stake in the team complete before the inevitable investigation into cheating concludes that the last four years of Red Bull results should be void.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

This is fine...

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

The Thai owners stepped in to save Horner because they want to see the sale of their stake in the team complete before the inevitable investigation into cheating concludes that the last four years of Red Bull results should be void.

we can only hope OP

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Zedd posted:

This is fine...

i'm not sure what this is meant to convey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!