Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I've been away from keyboard but wanted to mention the power crept banner has a lower pity than the normal event banner at 80. The weapon odds are kind of better than the normal weapon banner too because you get guarantee after one missed pity instead of two, but you're also at 50% odds to hit a crappy standard weapon instead of 25%.

My guess is the Liyue version will swap skywards for the dreaded geo series while lost prayer/bacon/wgs/hunters path will be permanent fixtures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It'll suck, but I've wanted PJC for Keqing for a very long time so whatever it takes to get it for her...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I've been away from keyboard but wanted to mention the power crept banner has a lower pity than the normal event banner at 80. The weapon odds are kind of better than the normal weapon banner too because you get guarantee after one missed pity instead of two, but you're also at 50% odds to hit a crappy standard weapon instead of 25%.

My guess is the Liyue version will swap skywards for the dreaded geo series while lost prayer/bacon/wgs/hunters path will be permanent fixtures.

80? Where are you getting that?

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/news/detail/122695

quote:

Q: What are the rules of "Chronicled Wish"? Is there a wish guarantee?

A: Wishes for "Chronicled Wish" require Intertwined Fate. Before wishing, you must choose your "Chronicled Path" by selecting a 5-star character or weapon from the list of 5-star items. If the Designated Item is a character, the 5-star items you can obtain in the Wish will all be characters; whereas if the Designated Item is a weapon, the 5-star items you can obtain in the Wish will all be weapons.

There are guarantees for both the 5-star and 4-star items in the Wish. A maximum of 90 wishes conducted will secure a 5-star item through the guarantee. When you obtain a 5-star item in this Event Wish, there is a 50.000% chance it will be the Designated Item. You are guaranteed to win a 4-star or above item at least once every 10 attempts.

If you need one specific weapon, and have poo poo luck, then you can get it faster than the worst case scenario on a weapon banner. For characters, the odds are you can get a character/con that was previously limited on an off 50/50, or better odds on a constellation on a character you do want. That, and you can target a 5 star that was on standard you currently don't have.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 3, 2024

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
So an elderly man offers to give the traveler a free tour of the Guhua Clan secret base, promises it's free if we pass the trials, and then asks for a donation of food at the end.

Paimon's rational response to this is to poison the elderly man. Naturally.
:psyduck:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

So an elderly man offers to give the traveler a free tour of the Guhua Clan secret base, promises it's free if we pass the trials, and then asks for a donation of food at the end.

Paimon's rational response to this is to poison the elderly man. Naturally.
:psyduck:

That was a "... lol"? moment

Good execution if you ignore the fact that we're the baddies

We're dickholes quite a bit of the time

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

80? Where are you getting that?

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/news/detail/122695

If you need one specific weapon, and have poo poo luck, then you can get it faster than the worst case scenario on a weapon banner. For characters, the odds are you can get a character/con that was previously limited on an off 50/50, or better odds on a constellation on a character you do want. That, and you can target a 5 star that was on standard you currently don't have.
I swear it said 80 on another page. oh well.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've lost my last 75/25

I am done. it's been fun genshin but goodbye

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

I've lost my last 75/25

The weapon banner is a trap. Always has been.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What the hell accent is Mika speaking with? It sounds like someone from the Great Lakes with a mouth full of Novocaine.

Oh hey, Paimon just misgendered my traveler. Oops.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What the hell accent is Mika speaking with? It sounds like someone from the Great Lakes with a mouth full of Novocaine.

Oh hey, Paimon just misgendered my traveler. Oops.

The voice actor for english Mika got into the booth and actually found the notes that were left for JP Dori. Those notes said, "Yo I want u to crank out those munchkin vibes so hard they shake the moon". He did what he could.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I have Dori. She stays at Level 1. She could be more OP than Neuvillette and I will never use her because her voice is just that annoying.

Speaking of.... Xiao. Knowing that he doesn't sound like a constantly surly rear end in a top hat in CN/JP/KR but soft-spoken and just emotionally detached, and the fact that the EN voice direction has changed over time to make him sound more in line with the other languages (like in this past Lantern Rite), I wish they would re-record his standard voicelines to reflect this more accurate characterization.

Actually, somewhere (youtube?), I've seen comparisons between the English translations and his original Chinese dialogue (just the words, not the voice acting), and even the English translations are off and unjustifiably skew his character into rear end in a top hat territory.

It bugs me. Like, the EN Xiao we're getting is not really Xiao, you know?

PS. Poking around the internet for Xiao lore has revealed to me that there are a concerning number of people who think that Zhongli is Xiao's father. They're not joking, they don't think he just acts like Xiao's father, they think he's actually Xiao's father. And hey, maybe these people just can't read, but some of them think that the proof of Zhongli's paternity is the "fact" that Zhongli and Xiao have the same eyes. Which they don't. So not only are these poor things illiterate, they're also hallucinating. :qq:

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I use the CN audio for this game and don't find any of the characters' voices to be particularly annoying. I even like CN Paimon's voice tbh.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Izzhov posted:

I use the CN audio for this game and don't find any of the characters' voices to be particularly annoying. I even like CN Paimon's voice tbh.

CN Paimon also doesn't refer to herself in the third person. EN voice direction definitely has questionable choices.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Rabbit Hill posted:

PS. Poking around the internet for Xiao lore has revealed to me that there are a concerning number of people who think that Zhongli is Xiao's father. They're not joking, they don't think he just acts like Xiao's father, they think he's actually Xiao's father. And hey, maybe these people just can't read, but some of them think that the proof of Zhongli's paternity is the "fact" that Zhongli and Xiao have the same eyes. Which they don't. So not only are these poor things illiterate, they're also hallucinating. :qq:

Cloud Retainer is Xiao's mom, you can tell by the hair. Liyue is one big happy family.

I need Zhong to come back around on a banner soon, I'm getting knocked around too much in the level 88 domains and can't take the 90+ ones reliably yet. I just finished getting my first team to 80/80 with the first set of purple artifacts to come along so now I get to start on the gold artifact grind. I'm AR49 and have run out of mats. Leveling a char to 90 is less of a priority than getting them a decent set of artifacts right? I do have like 50 fragile resin banked for when I'm ready to buckle in and burn through it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Izzhov posted:

CN Paimon voice is ok. The only one I don't really like is xiangling and its still tolerable.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Izzhov posted:

Ah, I'd do that, but then I'd lose Ray Chase as Neuvillette, and his voice is to me what Venti's flute is to Xiao.

I too yearn for Zhongli. Soon I shall have C1 Neuvillette and thus will effectively become immortal, but I could still use a really good shielder for other teams.

BTW, call me illiterate or hallucinating, but doesn't this line from Lantern Rite foreshadow a mutually beneficial collaboration between Neuv and ZL in the future (like, to take down Celestia??? :tinfoil:)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

As a dragon Neuv hates the archon, though I believe he also isn't aware that every archon we've met is against Celestia. The traveler keeps everything close to their chest even when it could help them after all.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Rabbit Hill posted:

Ah, I'd do that, but then I'd lose Ray Chase as Neuvillette, and his voice is to me what Venti's flute is to Xiao.

I too yearn for Zhongli. Soon I shall have C1 Neuvillette and thus will effectively become immortal, but I could still use a really good shielder for other teams.

BTW, call me illiterate or hallucinating, but doesn't this line from Lantern Rite foreshadow a mutually beneficial collaboration between Neuv and ZL in the future (like, to take down Celestia??? :tinfoil:)

I DEFINITELY thought the same thing about that particular line and seeing as how I'm also going for C1 Neuvillette so we are of the same mind, friend

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Neuv's line about Zhongli specifically has him hope they could discuss matters like adults, and it seems like he was actually in Liyue just to see the country and not make trouble for anyone. Wouldn't be too crazy.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He's leaking the upcoming hydro X geo reaction.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Eimi posted:

As a dragon Neuv hates the archon, though I believe he also isn't aware that every archon we've met is against Celestia. The traveler keeps everything close to their chest even when it could help them after all.
Still, he certainly knows that at least one Archon was, considering she told him so herself before self-destructing her own throne to give him his power back. It is kind of interesting, however, that his Zhongli voice line implies he doesn't believe Morax is dead; either nobody told him or he somehow just knows?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'd like a subplot where people in liyue think Xianyun is Rex Lapis undercover.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

No Wave posted:

I'd like a subplot where people in liyue think Xianyun is Rex Lapis undercover.

That would be amazing. Just imagine how awkward things would get for those in the know like Ganyu.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

Neuv's line about Zhongli specifically has him hope they could discuss matters like adults, and it seems like he was actually in Liyue just to see the country and not make trouble for anyone. Wouldn't be too crazy.

https://twitter.com/thijikoy/status/1756803304116641820

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nakar posted:

Still, he certainly knows that at least one Archon was, considering she told him so herself before self-destructing her own throne to give him his power back. It is kind of interesting, however, that his Zhongli voice line implies he doesn't believe Morax is dead; either nobody told him or he somehow just knows?

I wonder if it's a matter of recognizing an Archon's power in the air (or uh, on the ground, in this case)? Obviously he can't recognize where it's coming from as we know from the Archon Quest, and that was before he got his full power back, but perhaps he's sensitive enough to realize that the Geo Archon is around somewhere?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

He's leaking the upcoming hydro X geo reaction.
It's called "Mud". It does no damage and just slows the target's movement speed.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Meowywitch posted:

I've lost my last 75/25

The repugnant weapons banner claims another victim :rip:

I've never been closer to quitting than when I lost there lol

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The weapon banner is a trap, and will only make you unhappy. Even if you win, it will just make your 4 star weapon wielding characters feel shittier.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

FractalSandwich posted:

It's called "Mud". It does no damage and just slows the target's movement speed.

You're almost describing beta crystallize.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Everyone in Liyue is well aware gold eyed guy who sounds and talks exactly like Morax who appeared the same day Morax died and has perfect recollection of the past 5000 years is in fact Morax but hey no one really wants to burst his bubble because he’s clearly enjoying retirement. Plus sometimes he summons meteorites so better not agitate him.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nah, they all saw him drop dead in super dramatic fashion during that Rite ceremony. Probably one of the funniest moments in the game

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Nah, they all saw him drop dead in super dramatic fashion during that Rite ceremony. Probably one of the funniest moments in the game

Oh poo poo, was this in the first Rite? If not I'm completely blanking on when that happened

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Also I'm pretty sure he had his Zhongli persona before he staged his own death. Like he was already well established as an expert consultant before he got hired by Hu Tao.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Shinji2015 posted:

Oh poo poo, was this in the first Rite? If not I'm completely blanking on when that happened
Nah, just the one we showed up for, at which point everyone looked at the strange-looking newcomers and went "it's probably them, huh?"

That said, I doubt most people realize who Zhongli is. They might think he's a weirdo, and therefore an adeptus, since they're all loving weirdos, but I get the impression it's not polite to call them weirdos to their faces. The adepti obviously know, the Qixing know, Hu Tao knows, but the rest probably don't. He probably also changes his alias every few decades so people don't catch on.

There was that thing last Lantern Rite where Xiao spends the entire dinner confused that people don't refer to Zhongli and Venti as archons, and pulls you aside to make sure he's not losing it.

Incoherence fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 6, 2024

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Shinji2015 posted:

Not Lantern Rite, the Rite of Descension. It's in the first part of the Liyue archon quest, when everyone is hanging around the big plaza waiting on the annual descent of Rex Lapis to, I dunno, notarize their tax returns or whatever, and after a big dramatic pause he just yeets his dragon body from on high face-first into the paving stones.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Incoherence posted:

Nah, just the one we showed up for, at which point everyone looked at the strange-looking newcomers and went "it's probably them, huh?"

Wonderslug posted:

Not Lantern Rite, the Rite of Descension. It's in the first part of the Liyue archon quest, when everyone is hanging around the big plaza waiting on the annual descent of Rex Lapis to, I dunno, notarize their tax returns or whatever, and after a big dramatic pause he just yeets his dragon body from on high face-first into the paving stones.

Oh, see, I was thinking that there was some gag I missed in the first Lantern Rite (which I wasn't around for) and not the actual faked death in the Archon Quest

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Incoherence posted:

That said, I doubt most people realize who Zhongli is. They might think he's a weirdo, and therefore an adeptus, since they're all loving weirdos, but I get the impression it's not polite to call them weirdos to their faces. The adepti obviously know, the Qixing know, Hu Tao knows, but the rest probably don't. He probably also changes his alias every few decades so people don't catch on.

There was that thing last Lantern Rite where Xiao spends the entire dinner confused that people don't refer to Zhongli and Venti as archons, and pulls you aside to make sure he's not losing it.

IIRC, the adepti and Ningguang know, but Keqing does not and it's not clear either way for Hu Tao?
On the one hand she's clever, she spends a lot of time with him, she knows Xiao, and she's friends with Venti now too. So it seems pretty likely she knows.

On the other hand, if she employs one former Archon, is friends with another one, has met a third one, and I don't remember if she met Nuevillette in the latest Lantern Rite event but I think so and he's the Hydro Dragon, and she doesn't know?

Yeah that's probably funnier.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Hu Tao could easily deduce both Zhonli and Venti are Archons, and might just low-key know already but seems pretty uninterested in the politics of the Gods. Even if she didn't figure it out on her own, she can just casually go to the spirit world and just ask but she really is just a goth theatre kid who wants to have fun with life and never takes anything that seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Incoherence posted:

That was in concept a kind of great scene. Hu Tao, who can visit the underworld like it's going to do the shopping, knows something's up with her consultant and the wandering bard and invites them to a shared table in the hopes that they'll slip up and freak out the normies, but they're fairly old hands at not freaking out the normies so it mostly doesn't work.

The problem is that, as framed, it puts you in the position of rooting against something exciting happening, which is maybe not a position you should be in as an audience.