Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Justin_Brett posted:

is Fami about to summon back Falling at the end there?

I think we're about to see her bring out a new Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Where, Famine?

Ugh, where, Fami?

:lol:

Definitely a great change of pace

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Asa giving up her collage fund for guns, truly the most American protagonist.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

so is asa not able to drink blood to heal

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
we're so loving back

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

cuntman.net posted:

sounds gross, no way she'd do that

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I am so down for Asa making increasingly ridiculous contracts work through sheer virtue of being a teenager with a flimsy understanding of property rights

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cuntman.net posted:

Asa is, as far as we know, not a true Hybrid, she's a Fiend in a weird situation where regular Asa is still in there alongside the Devil, so it's possible she just can't since Fiends seem a lot more fragile.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

cuntman.net posted:

we genuinely don't know and it hasn't been expanded upon. I suspect for a bigger reveal later on

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
IIRC, even normal fiends, like Power, were able to heal by drinking blood and could use it to regenerate from pretty lethal injuries (see Kishibe "training" Power and Denji).

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Electric Phantasm posted:

Where, Famine?

Ugh, where, Fami?

this and the stupid specifics of fami's plan (wearing school uniforms because sometimes there are school tours, being the 'trump card') are so funny. i love fami's complete confidence in how she appropriates human behavior

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

IIRC, even normal fiends, like Power, were able to heal by drinking blood and could use it to regenerate from pretty lethal injuries (see Kishibe "training" Power and Denji).

I could genuinely see Asa unwilling to drink blood to heal because it is icky.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Donkringel posted:

I could genuinely see Asa unwilling to drink blood to heal because it is icky.

I can also see Denji later telling her to drink his blood and her being weirded out by it

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I can also see Denji later telling her to drink his blood and her being weirded out by it

yeah because it'll be a cut on his lip and she'll freak out because it's her first kiss

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

ANY MISTAKE COULD KILL YOU AND US NOW. WE SHOULDN'T USE ME UNTIL WE NEED TO!

*Asa instantly falls on her face at the first chance*

drat it!

So good.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

wait can other people see famine too? the people keep referring to them with plurals. i thought the fami we see was just a representation shown to asa

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

copy posted:

wait can other people see famine too? the people keep referring to them with plurals. i thought the fami we see was just a representation shown to asa

Not sure why you'd assume that. She had lunch with Yoshida before.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i mean fami directly tells asa that she is a hallucination and asa puts her arm through her. so other people seeing both of them at the same time is new to me unless im forgetting something

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

copy posted:

i mean fami directly tells asa that she is a hallucination and asa puts her arm through her. so other people seeing both of them at the same time is new to me unless im forgetting something

Fami is Famine, a real devil like Makima and Nayuta

Yoru is War and the hallucination

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

copy posted:

fake fan. fake loving fan!!!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

copy posted:

https://chainsaw-man.fandom.com/wiki/Fami

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

copy posted:

embarrassing

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

unbelievable

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hell yeah, we are so back! Shame the chapter was only 15 pages though. At least there’s no break week!

Lt. Lizard posted:

I think that only worked because Power was the blood fiend specifically.

copy posted:

Found the Idiot Devil

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The "make an incorrect post but then don't check in on it for a few hours" devil

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol owned

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

normal fiends, like Power
:thunk:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

copy posted:

Fami AKA the Famine Devil exists separately from Asa and can interact with and be seen by other people. Yoru AKA The War Devil shares a body with Asa and cannot be seen by other people. Fun fact: Asa means Day and Yoru means Night! Anyway, people are referring to them with plurals because they can see both Asa and Fami (but not Yoru).

Don't feel too bad about getting this wrong, a lot of people online seem to have forgotten who Fami is. I think it's a combination of her not appearing for a while and a lot of people only recently starting reading again because that page of Denji getting chop shopped blew up and got a bunch of folks who had lost interest engaged again.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol you being so kind about it was actually the most brutal own i received. i totally forgot war devil's name in a bonehead moment. much appreciated though friend :cheers:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

[you, earnestly and with sincere empathy and caring for your fellow human being explaining spec. how i was a dumbass] it's ok and very understandable. dont feel bad about it bro
[me, having become a real life crying-behind-smiling-mask wojak]: th-thank youOOOUUUHOOHOOO

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
If it makes you feel better, I read "Where, Famine?" as "Where's Famine?" and became incredibly confused about how Fami split and when one of the Famis was captured.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
It’s easy to mix up people who are not Power, because if they aren’t Power why should I care?

Denji needs to hurry up and go to hell

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

PringleCreamEgg posted:

It’s easy to mix up people who are not Power, because if they aren’t Power why should I care?

Denji needs to hurry up and go to hell

Why would going to hell help him find Power, who is gone forever? All he would find is the Blood Devil, who is not Power, as Power has been erased from existence permanently, and will never return.

Power is dead.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

AnoHito posted:

Why would going to hell help him find Power, who is gone forever? All he would find is the Blood Devil, who is not Power, as Power has been erased from existence permanently, and will never return.

Power is dead.

counterpoint: no

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Power is real and strong and my friend and she will be back.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we've seen power heal from drinking blood, but she's the blood devil. i don't think any other fiends have done so, mostly because they don't survive the first time they get hosed up.

Malah
May 18, 2015

If precise adherence to the plan is so important, then why is Asa - more likely to flinch or hesitate at a critical moment - driving the body instead of Yoru? :psyduck:

I appreciate that we get to watch Fami wreak havoc, but that's still an obvious point of failure they should have considered.

I also wonder why Yoru didn't fix their body - reattaching an arm is surely easier than the instantaneous healing they underwent when they contracted.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Where, Famine?

Ugh, where, Fami?

fami definitely shooting up my personal character rankings after everything this chapter

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm glad the protagonist of this story is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
It's still really funny to me that Yoru being the dumb sibling is technically a power boost for her