Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Adam Mares is really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WDnWiPZD4I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
No Beam tonight.

Lmao losing that game.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Coby with 37!!, Ayo and DeRozan combined for 80 points, wow. Amusing to have a 4 guard and a center lineup for so many minutes.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 5, 2024

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Bulls_Jay/status/1764886683919564934

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It is remarkable how 90% of the games the Bulls play are the exact same game, irrespective of quality of opponent, and the outcomes are seemingly decided by coin flip

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

xbilkis posted:

It is remarkable how 90% of the games the Bulls play are the exact same game, irrespective of quality of opponent, and the outcomes are seemingly decided by coin flip

It's really wild.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The Kings' defense are here again to make a low to mid-tier team think "we have a chance!"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lifespan posted:

The Kings' defense are here

u sure about that?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings are not a serious team. It went from jokingly talking about scheduled loses to now downright certainty that playing at home to a worse team and/or team missing best player is an automatic loss

Also Mike Brown apparently has all the same flaws as his early coaching years

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Dinwiddie was +35 tonight lol

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Doc is a coaching savant by… running Stotts’s plays.

https://x.com/MikeClemensNFL/status/1764868869900976313?s=20

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
He's smart enough to not run his defense at least.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If only Milwaukee had some way of getting Stotts to instill an offense for them

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The wild part to me is that Van Exel did that thirty years ago. He was ahead of his time.

Although D'lo probably breaks it by a good 10-15 if he doesn't get hurt or play like he did in December.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
He really was. Looking up Van Exel, he took 6 3-pointers per game in 1994-95. As a comparison: noted sniper Steve Kerr led the league in 3-point shooting % that year at .524. His number of attempts per game: 2.

Van Exel was awesome. What a fun player. I really liked that team when they had Ceballos and Eddie Jones too.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah that 94-95 Van Exel team made me a lakers fan. So fun to watch, he just gave no fucks at all.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Mean Baby posted:

Doc is a coaching savant by… running Stotts’s plays.

https://x.com/MikeClemensNFL/status/1764868869900976313?s=20

Doc is the Copernican principle incarnate. When he was coach/GM of the Clippers he would actively try to trade for players who had good games against him, on the assumption that if they were good against him in one game, they'd be good against everyone in all other games. Similarly he's running plays that he had trouble defending on the assumption that everyone else can't defend them either.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

toggle posted:

Yeah that 94-95 Van Exel team made me a lakers fan. So fun to watch, he just gave no fucks at all.

The ROC handle like Van Exel
I shake phonies, man, you can't get next to
The genuine article, I do not sing though
I sling though, if anything, I bling yo

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

but you'd also notice the same thing trying to watch a game from the long ago halcyon days of 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yrjchNg7Fk

Thank you for the reminder that until like last year the last time the Knicks were any good they were shut down by the Pacers and Roy Hibbert’s defense in the paint. Notice how many of the highlights there for the Pacers are layups and dunks while the Knicks are jumpshots of varying ranges. Beautiful stuff. And people in SAS hated that defense heavy era Pacers so that was also a plus. And of course… LANCE!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hello go Cavs I have not been paying much attention this year but maybe I should since Cavs are doing well, except not this past couple weeks.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

Tim Legler rocks.

Like Rick said don't always agree with him, but generally respect his opinions.

Thanks, checking it out. This rounds out my weekly hoops casts to Lowe Post, Greatest of all Talk, Six Trophies and this.

RIP Pod Don't Lie.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Thanks, checking it out. This rounds out my weekly hoops casts to Lowe Post, Greatest of all Talk, Six Trophies and this.

RIP Pod Don't Lie.

you forgot undisputed and first take

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Again, if the Kings are even slightly below average on their free throw %, they'd have at least half a dozen more wins and probably would be the 4 seed.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dr.Radical posted:

Thank you for the reminder that until like last year the last time the Knicks were any good they were shut down by the Pacers and Roy Hibbert’s defense in the paint. Notice how many of the highlights there for the Pacers are layups and dunks while the Knicks are jumpshots of varying ranges. Beautiful stuff. And people in SAS hated that defense heavy era Pacers so that was also a plus. And of course… LANCE!

the verticality rules (really the ascension of roy hibbert into a defensive "star" and allowing him to play defense by jumping straight up and not letting players draw fouls off of him just because they drove into him) were one of the last gasps at defensive positive officiating in the nba

but roy hibbert fuckin sucked to watch man

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Doc Rivers winning a ring this year would be so funny that I'm almost cheering for it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Declan MacManus posted:

the verticality rules (really the ascension of roy hibbert into a defensive "star" and allowing him to play defense by jumping straight up and not letting players draw fouls off of him just because they drove into him) were one of the last gasps at defensive positive officiating in the nba

but roy hibbert fuckin sucked to watch man

Hibbert was bad to watch but that brief period fo ruling verticality like that was kinda interesting because players driving had to either body people out of the way or do like Rose did and just contort yourself around the player to get a layup. I liked the little samurai duel that had to go on everytime a guard met a big in the restricted area.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

This might be a new record.

https://x.com/Dgarza888/status/1764897762246607200

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ESPN wants him on the lakers so bad

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
the spurs must trade victor to a playoff team if they respect him. but not a really good team, that would be unfair. Maybe… the 9th seed in the west. No idea what team that is, just spitballing but that seems like a fair outcome

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
well thank god they didn't trade for dame

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I'm not as versed in NBA journalists is this a ESPN hack?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Forrest on Fire posted:

I'm not as versed in NBA journalists is this a ESPN hack?

she almost exclusively writes about the lakers, so yes

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

she almost exclusively writes about the lakers, so yes

So this is like the "Deron Williams ALWAYS wanted to be a Laker and will sign there for the minimum" tier of journalism. Ok, lmao.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

Hibbert was bad to watch but that brief period fo ruling verticality like that was kinda interesting because players driving had to either body people out of the way or do like Rose did and just contort yourself around the player to get a layup. I liked the little samurai duel that had to go on everytime a guard met a big in the restricted area.

bring it back

also vic wants out news is dumb as hell. yes the spurs hosed the season by playing jeremy’s soochan, so chan🎶 at pg,
but come on

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

It's ridiculous this team that had such a bad record they picked #1 would not have a winning record the very next season.

Dejan Bimble posted:

bring it back

also vic wants out news is dumb as hell. yes the spurs hosed the season by playing jeremy’s soochan, so chan🎶 at pg,
but come on

The Spurs would have like 4 more wins maybe if they played optimal all season. They'd still be outside of sniff radius of the play-in and just have slightly worse lottery odds.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

To be fair every time they ask Vic about something he say, “that’s great, but did we win?”

European sports culture is all about moving teams to win trophies, it is not about tanking. I definitely think the Spurs are on the clock to be title contenders by year 3.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

putting sochan at point was an effort to mold him into a draymond-style jack of all trades, or an aaron gordon to wemby's jokic. it had some benefit, he's much improved at off-ball movement on offense lately.

the really fucky lineup decision was playing wemby at 4 for the first half of the season, which i think was done partly to convince him that he is a much better fit at center

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Shear Modulus posted:

putting sochan at point was an effort to mold him into a draymond-style jack of all trades, or an aaron gordon to wemby's jokic. it had some benefit, he's much improved at off-ball movement on offense lately.

the really fucky lineup decision was playing wemby at 4 for the first half of the season, which i think was done partly to convince him that he is a much better fit at center

he literally played shooting guard for most of last season. so i get trying to eke him along, the whole mega skinny human being ting

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

honestly i thought he would be bullied a lot more once he started banging around with NBA centers but he's really held his own. I guess they got him the fast-acting steroids

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Shear Modulus posted:

honestly i thought he would be bullied a lot more once he started banging around with NBA centers but he's really held his own

embiid and jokic and gobert have all played out of their minds against san antonio this year, so i think there's evidence that he isn't particularly good at guarding top level centers at this point