Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

helmut probably already has a vacation home there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He definitely has one near Villa General Belgrano

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_General_Belgrano#See_also posted:

In 1940, after the Battle of the River Plate, German seaman scuttled and sunk their battleship, the Admiral Graf Spee off the coast of the Montevideo harbour, and 130 of its surviving sailors settled in the village along with the original settlers and landscaped the mountain ranges of Córdoba with red-roofed, wood-frame homes, microbreweries and pastry and chocolate shops which gave it that unique style that distinguishes it today.

Everyone there looks like an old Hungarian guy but they speak Spanish. there's a good hike and eagles though so that parts cool.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Folks really don't need to keep pretending like there's a mystery here

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I am shocked that the rich affluent luxury car loving readership of Car & Driver did not like the article critical of the rich affluent luxury car loving lifestyle and Car & Driver removed it. Better call Columbo in on this one, it's a real headscratcher

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

ArmedZombie posted:

shanghai this year :getin:

hopefully the wait is worth it

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Tony quidprano posted:

I am shocked that the rich affluent luxury car loving readership of Car & Driver did not like the article critical of the rich affluent luxury car loving lifestyle and Car & Driver removed it. Better call Columbo in on this one, it's a real headscratcher

R&T, not C&D. Been a LONG time since I had a Car and Driver subscription but they always seemed the most open to critical editorials. Maybe that's changed though.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

isn't the Thai side of ownership in trouble for corruption again

corruption?! ON MY FROMULA 1 (ONE)?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

amenenema posted:

R&T, not C&D. Been a LONG time since I had a Car and Driver subscription but they always seemed the most open to critical editorials. Maybe that's changed though.

Most likely is INEOS had it taken down because it was critical of it’s new toy.

Plus, INEOS paid for it and having criticism of how conglomerates buy good press didn’t help either.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

corruption?! ON MY FROMULA 1 (ONE)?

yeah who'd have thought the spectacle primarily devoted to greenwashing loving aramco and shacking up with kleptocrats might have corrupt-as-hell team ownership too

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Washington Post picked up on the article being removed.

https://archive.is/rBVFB

They say sources at the mag say the editor in chief didn't think it 'fit' the site and pulled it.

Ineos say it was nothing to do with them, hilariously the wp also seemed to have thought it might have been because it quoted Lewis criticizing his car and got a denial from Merc also.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
that article loving blows, stop spamming it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

what's wrong with it

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Folks really don't need to keep pretending like there's a mystery here

they've been invited to next weekends race in saudi arabia to write another article. a 6 parter too

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

El Zonda is one of the coolest race tracks in the world period. Argentina is on some other worldly poo poo with some of their tracks

I can't even imagine how insanely loud a race in there must be

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

FAUXTON posted:

what's wrong with it

its boring and not very profound

f1 is excessive and ostentatious, who knew

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Tony quidprano posted:

amenenema posted:

The "rich affluent" readership of C&D maybe owns a Corvette. They're not exactly jet setting around the world while wearing Dick Mile watches.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ilmucche posted:

I can't even imagine how insanely loud a race in there must be

onboard laps look sick as hell I wanna play this in a game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4016G9Cseu0

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

Hello that article

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

that is forza horizon 5

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That looks insane, hell yeah

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

Hello that article

nice meltdown

also: ey guys: did you know that formula 1 is about rich assholes driving fast trying not to die and the entire sport is corrupt, hypocrite and decadent?

really makes u think

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 6, 2024

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Zeta Acosta posted:

nice meltdown

ey guys: did you know that formula 1 is about rich assholes driving fast trying not to die and the entire sport is corrupt, hypocrite and decadent?

really makes u think

:wth:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ok that does look rad

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

nice meltdown

also: ey guys: did you know that formula 1 is about rich assholes driving fast trying not to die and the entire sport is corrupt, hypocrite and decadent?

really makes u think

hi you're posting in the formula 1 thread

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Welcome back doc

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
where the gently caress is my friend track day bro

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

nice meltdown

really makes u think

we live in a society

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

get in there lewis

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
formula one is the pinnacle of capitalism and that's why it's entertaining

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
it insists upon itself

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

formula one is the pinnacle of capitalism and that's why it's entertaining

accelerationism ftw

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

spaceblancmange posted:

get in there lewis

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Residency Evil posted:

The "rich affluent" readership of C&D maybe owns a Corvette. They're not exactly jet setting around the world while wearing Dick Mile watches.

you know upon further reflection you must be right. My theory, that the article in an automotive magazine critical of sponsors and advertisers in the automotive world being pulled because it would create an uncomfortable dynamic with their own advertisers that are their own primary source of revenue, is completely obliterated because I got the publication wrong and didn't know what exact tax bracket the readership was in. It must be some insane unhinged conspiracy theory instead for sure.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I never felt more poor than after reading any golf magazine.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think Biden pulled the article because he hates our freedoms

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
The article is good but it’s weird that a car publication hired someone who’s not really that into auto racing or cars even to write this, what were they expecting? It’s a weird thing for them to publish and it seems like an article that belongs in the New Yorker

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Actually it reminds me of a New Yorker article I read a few months ago where the writer hung out with a bunch of hypercar owners, insanely rich guys with lambos and koenigseggs and poo poo

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Zeta Acosta posted:

nice meltdown

really makes u think

It just doesn’t have the authenticity of cycling. They’re all poor French farm boys, unlike this showcase of capitalism.

The article was well written, but let’s not act like she deserves a Pulitzer for exposing the thing everyone already knew was true and has been true since the sports inception.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

can't believe the lady who made her name with a tumblr where she posts pictures of ugly houses and says "look how ugly this house is??????????" wrote an article where she points at F1 and says "look how expensive this is???????????"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Big Jos Verstappen energy coming from inside the thread.