Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
ESPN also kept pushing the "Luka will force his way out and will be the first rookie contract player to forgoe his extension." And then...that didn't happen. No one turns down that first extension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

temple posted:

There was a podcaster that didn't know clippers were a type of boat until they changed their branding

I remember an early internet chain email my mom forwarded me from an english professor sharing some interesting turns of phrase their students turned in on some papers and one was:

"Magellan circumcized the globe with his 100ft clipper."

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Derrick Rose is out with "right osteitis pubis" which is a medical way of saying sore taint I think

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

JackBandit posted:

Sincerely thought that the discourse was about podcast blowhards saying What is your opinion on topic?

Lmao, been there more than once in all this.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I remember an early internet chain email my mom forwarded me from an english professor sharing some interesting turns of phrase their students turned in on some papers and one was:

https://twitter.com/Tetradugenikid/status/1764754615885553981

this guy made a reddit post on the pistons sub about ben wallace being an overrated defender, then made this very cute malaprop after being savaged

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Cavaliers

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Someone had to eat the 20pt Dean Wade quarter I guess.

e: if you count the Garland missed layup as an assist due to a putback dunk, the Cavs didnt miss a shot for the last 7+ minutes I think

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Celtics getting roasted by D. Wade is this 2011??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Someone had to eat the 20pt Dean Wade quarter I guess.

e: if you count the Garland missed layup as an assist due to a putback dunk, the Cavs didnt miss a shot for the last 7+ minutes I think

max strus was meditating in the locker room and astrally projecting his powers into d wade

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Ok, so there's that little mic that the refs use when they announce a challenge/flagrant whatever, right? Is there any sort of kill switch on that or if you push down the little button do you just get piped right into the arena/TV feed?

What I'm asking is, is it in play that Pat Bev will run over and use that mic to plead his case about a foul?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yeah same

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Cavs bitch

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
cavs white dudes are really stepping up lately

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Salvor_Hardin posted:

RIP Pod Don't Lie.

Yeah I miss it too. No other bball podcast talks about which players have the best DSLs.

I’m listening to this episode of Stavvy’s World and he spends a few minutes talking about how good a modern Yugoslav team would be:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6VlVphBVWI3fxc8qMnGOBk?si=Tw_EBuiQS265MJdFKIfx3g&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A3kDS5MRlBl53tA3MRGqLzx

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This is a cool photo:

https://x.com/PelicansNBA/status/1765225575688405357?s=20

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I was just talking today about wemby matching up against most centers then he totally gets dismantled by sengun

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Red Rox posted:

Yeah I miss it too. No other bball podcast talks about which players have the best DSLs.

I’m listening to this episode of Stavvy’s World and he spends a few minutes talking about how good a modern Yugoslav team would be:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6VlVphBVWI3fxc8qMnGOBk?si=Tw_EBuiQS265MJdFKIfx3g&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A3kDS5MRlBl53tA3MRGqLzx

Yeah I'm a patreon to that one too . Its very good but I miss the basketball focused banter on that wavelength.

Also Mazzulla would definitely win most fuckable coach this time around.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Dexo posted:

Yeah...imagine not knowing that....pfft dumbasses
You don't get paid to talk about basketball. Like dude wasn't even curious? It's 30 teams, not 300.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I've heard that one.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

I was just talking today about wemby matching up against most centers then he totally gets dismantled by sengun

whomst amongst us would not be destroyed by The Gün

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Scheduled loss for Sacramento

https://twitter.com/JandersonSacBee/status/1765181395650130327

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I had a random thought tonight, how advantageous are corner 3s vs above the break if you count all the foot-out-of-bounds turnovers in those situations as missed shots?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

These guys are on the injury report every game.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

humpthewind posted:

These guys are on the injury report every game.

Whyteryce is commenting on the phenom where the Kings lose to teams without their stars, the fewer the stars the bigger the loss.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sacramento lost at home to the Pistons without Cade because they couldn’t stop

*checks notes*

Alec Burks

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I thought Vanderbilt did a foot, not a wrist ?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Rick posted:

Whyteryce is commenting on the phenom where the Kings lose to teams without their stars, the fewer the stars the bigger the loss.

I know. I'm saying they will play because they're on the report nearly every game and generally play. The report is not indicative.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Sacramento lost at home to the Pistons without Cade because they couldn’t stop

*checks notes*

Alec Burks

Davion Mitchell didn't lock him down despite being the best guard defender in herstory

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

temple posted:

You don't get paid to talk about basketball. Like dude wasn't even curious? It's 30 teams, not 300.

I've heard that one.

as a kid I was fascinated by the logos and team names and what they meant. I imagine a lot of us were like that.
Some people have the ability to just accept what's presented without intellectual curiosity. If I see some big tie thing and don't know the deal, I'm going to have to learn the deal

temple
Jul 29, 2006

As a celtic fan that listens to nba media, thank god denver lost

Dejan Bimble posted:

as a kid I was fascinated by the logos and team names and what they meant. I imagine a lot of us were like that.
Some people have the ability to just accept what's presented without intellectual curiosity. If I see some big tie thing and don't know the deal, I'm going to have to learn the deal
that was the dude's line. like it was a just a name.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

humpthewind posted:

I know. I'm saying they will play because they're on the report nearly every game and generally play. The report is not indicative.

Ooooh...yeah that is true, lol.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Do Portland fans like Simons? His numbers look alright but the team obviously isn’t good right now. But some knuckleheads on one of the Ringer podcasts said he should be a 6th man long term which seems like underselling him a bit.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Jack's Flow posted:

Do Portland fans like Simons? His numbers look alright but the team obviously isn’t good right now. But some knuckleheads on one of the Ringer podcasts said he should be a 6th man long term which seems like underselling him a bit.

On a good team he might be. He's a bucket but I also think has abysmal defensive stats, like around worst in the league. He's also older than people think, turning 25, which is the same age as Colin Sexton who I feel like a lot of people had written off a year or two ago (and has played really well in Utah).

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Tasty

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2024/03/05/0022300891/586/576ebebe-da6c-ff6f-8e05-38bb72b60662_1280x720.mp4

Tastier

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2024/03/05/0022300891/593/84419b27-dc6f-94b9-e7c0-9ccf35127f82_1280x720.mp4

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"
Cavs game was wild

temple
Jul 29, 2006

A Perfect Twist posted:

Cavs game was wild

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dean Wade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc