Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's not Brook's fault he's prone to....boners! :yohoho:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Chopper is horniest

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wish he were horny more often lately. Too much Kung Fu chopper imo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hatty posted:

What about Brook?

i question the authenticity of brook’s sex drive. i figure his requests for panties are more because of a bizarre and calcified habit than due to any particularly lusty desire

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Those old bones cant help but get calcified

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
The first time Brook ever encountered a woman who didn't wear panties he immediately pivoted and asked to borrow some money instead. It's all about the game.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ryaomon posted:

The first time Brook ever encountered a woman who didn't wear panties he immediately pivoted and asked to borrow some money instead. It's all about the game.

lmao forgot about that. yep

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

hatty posted:

:same:

they want shady
May 11, 2013

hatty posted:

Still miss his pre-timeskip forms. Like some of the post-timeskip ones but they're more hit or miss (I do like both horn points tho, so point still stands)

Ryaomon posted:

Still horny though

Spoilers for the person going through fishman island, just in case:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

they want shady posted:

Still miss his pre-timeskip forms. Like some of the post-timeskip ones but they're more hit or miss (I do like both horn points tho, so point still stands)

Still horny though

i think this is performative horniness. brook is just maintaining his self-image as a living human man

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

they want shady posted:

The person going through Fishman Island has a Yamato avatar and has apparently read OP spoilers (but not watched the anime or read the manga) for years; I don't think you need to worry.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Vander Decken is amazing in how horrible he is

dude is definitely posting on Fishman Reddit lol

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Naw, dude created fishman ETH.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Re-reading one piece is good and cool to see a bunch of older stuff that has come true/became relevant to far more than we thought.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

spoiling me is also fine I'm one of those folks who believes reading a thing (the experience) differs greatly from just reading spoilers

if I haven't read it in the actual comic, it's not spoiled

this probably doesn't make any sense i'm sorry

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Meowywitch posted:

spoiling me is also fine I'm one of those folks who believes reading a thing (the experience) differs greatly from just reading spoilers

I’m with you. Tell me everything. I don’t care.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

it makes sense, you’re just wrong. reading something when you don’t know what happens is different than reading it when you do. there’s an undeniable difference in experience and so, from a purely quantitative perspective, reading spoilers cuts your potential experience value in half

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
OTOH I probably wouldn’t have liked Vinland Saga nearly as much without having “I have no enemies” spoiled for me, so sometimes waiting for a spoiler can make something better?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

it makes sense, you’re just wrong. reading something when you don’t know what happens is different than reading it when you do. there’s an undeniable difference in experience and so, from a purely quantitative perspective, reading spoilers cuts your potential experience value in half
I don't really think you can say that about someone else.

I personally am really bothered by spoilers and feel the experience going in blind is a lot different and, to me, preferable. But if someone else enjoys things otherwise, who am I to say they're wrong?

Spoilers can be a heated topic and I don't think they have to be. Let folks enjoy stuff however they want, be that going in blind, or having read a full summary first. Who cares as long as you get to enjoy it the way you want?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

ur right

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Eiba posted:

I don't really think you can say that about someone else.

I personally am really bothered by spoilers and feel the experience going in blind is a lot different and, to me, preferable. But if someone else enjoys things otherwise, who am I to say they're wrong?

Spoilers can be a heated topic and I don't think they have to be. Let folks enjoy stuff however they want, be that going in blind, or having read a full summary first. Who cares as long as you get to enjoy it the way you want?

i’m making no judgements. they’re merely technically incorrect about whether spoilers affect their experience. it might not be better or worse but there’s definitely an effect, it’s quite literally not the same experience.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
furthermore,

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I like to feed myself a diet of half lies half spoilers so I get a unique experience for every show

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I won’t read text spoilers for this visual media but I will happily slurp up the dogshit scans

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

monkey d luffy says that spoilers are bad, therefore they are bad.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

scary ghost dog posted:

What the heck is "potential experience value", in a quantitative sense? Like what are you measuring?

If I watch a movie unspoiled I get 30 Experions but if I'm spoiled on the ending then I only get 15???

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Augus posted:

monkey d luffy says that spoilers are bad, therefore they are bad.

Monkey D Luffy also refuses to listen to back stories and would skip dialogue for all conversations not about food if possible. Also he refuses to read. So you probably shouldn't be taking his advice on how to enjoy your stories.

He's the type of guy who would applaud the idea of making your kid fast forward between the fights while watching Bloodsport.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 7, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

well like I can't unread the spoilers I know

I'm trying to look on the bright side of things here

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

Fishman Island: I did not expect Sanji's horniness to now be a pseudo serious plot device that has already resulted in him needing a blood transfusion?

kinda weird

I can't stand any anime/manga where the nosebleed poo poo is a plot point. Drives me nuts. A dumb little gag I can ignore, fine, anything past that just annoys me way more then it should.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I’ll never understand the nosebleed thing because I have never been so horny my nose starts bleeding.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

The nosebleeds will make perfect sense once we get the full explanation about the connection between love, haki, and dreams.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

scary ghost dog posted:

from a purely quantitative perspective, reading spoilers cuts your potential experience value in half

So how many levels have you gotten from reading things unspoiled, person who somehow quantifies experience?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

you're completely correct and i salute your bravery

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I’ll never understand the nosebleed thing because I have never been so horny my nose starts bleeding.

it was some gag introduced in the 70s and just became the defacto way to depict it

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

you can't put boners on screen so authors had to make do

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Terper posted:

you can't put boners on screen so authors had to make do

Truly a shame that Japan never discovered the onomatopoeia SCHWING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

It doesn't, because in doing so I make sure that I don't waste my time on filler and also know when an arc is going to suck so I can skip most of it. I enjoy not wasting time on bad things and instead devoting it to good things.