Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Isn't suspension (with pay) pretty common if there is an internal conflict?
Like don't get me wrong the optics here are bad but this could still be procedure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Zedd posted:

Isn't suspension (with pay) pretty common if there is an internal conflict?
Like don't get me wrong the optics here are bad but this could still be procedure.

the issue there would be that horner isn't suspended so it looks a lot like retaliation

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Red Bull “our overspend was because of the luxurious meals that our catering department supply” deciding dishonesty is a sackable offence for some reason

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Suspending someone with pay could be a totally normal part of this kind of investigation if they had also suspended Horner and if the BBC article did not say they were suspending her for being "dishonest"

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
jfc redbull lmao

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
ugh the new f2 cars sound so lovely

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
next up, they are gonna say she was asking for it wearing that spanx skirt

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

if there was a legitimate reason for suspending her in connection with the complaint (there isn't) they should probably have done it a bit earlier in the process (and suspended Horner as well)

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

What I'm saying is: Release the second email.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Given that Ford is mostly a clueless company that stumbles around...but I gotta imagine a few Teams calls where they are asking "WTF?" between each other in the conference room.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

critical support for the camera guy and producer who gave us this shot of horner at the end of fp1

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Grimson posted:

critical support for the camera guy and producer who gave us this shot of horner at the end of fp1

:discourse:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Grimson posted:

Lmao gently caress yeah

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Finally got around to building the Lego MCL60. It's a good kit :lando:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

Finally got around to building the Lego MCL60. It's a good kit :lando:

what's the gap to the mcl38

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

the milk machine posted:

nothing at all. they're handling this in the exact way companies are not supposed to handle this

either they're incredibly stupid, or they think they have some ironclad evidence that makes them feel 100% sure they can just fire her without getting in trouble, which is unlikely

This is exactly the way companies handle this. Harassment victims, union drive organizers, whistleblowers. Take the squeaky wheel, HR pulls a file and starts drumming up completely technical infringements against them. Suspend them. Ultimately they go to their lawyer, 'well can they prove you did those things?', 'yes, but...', 'then they have all they need'. Maybe the company'll let it build to a point of firing, but most commonly they end up quitting out of frustration. 'It was an internal personnel matter, completely separate to the investigation and therefore we won't comment any further' say the company. They're now discredited, the news cycle has moved on, it all gets mostly forgotten.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Grimson posted:

the f1 camera guys are consistently good at this kind of thing.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

They might be aiming for the "put her on the shelf until she quits and sues for constructive dismissal" then settle out of court with a big NDA strategy

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Red Warrior posted:

This is exactly the way companies handle this. Harassment victims, union drive organizers, whistleblowers. Take the squeaky wheel, HR pulls a file and starts drumming up completely technical infringements against them. Suspend them. Ultimately they go to their lawyer, 'well can they prove you did those things?', 'yes, but...', 'then they have all they need'. Maybe the company'll let it build to a point of firing, but most commonly they end up quitting out of frustration. 'It was an internal personnel matter, completely separate to the investigation and therefore we won't comment any further' say the company. They're now discredited, the news cycle has moved on, it all gets mostly forgotten.

even in the usa this is a very good way to buy yourself a big lawsuit, companies think they're being clever trying to mask retaliation but it's much less successful that they expect

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, at this point it is idiocy/hubris.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Even if internally they have it cut and dry that the allegations are made up whole cloth this is an awful way to go about dealing with it.

Eagerly awaiting mustard facial's best of motorsport.com comment section feature this week

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

rb leadership going for the constructive title

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Red Warrior posted:

This is loser poo poo, Starbucks tried this strategy and repeatedly got their rear end kicked by a bunch of minimum wage baristas

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

rb leadership going for the constructive title

Lol

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
It's still what they pretty much always try to do though.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

don’t read any comments under the story in any outlet.

It will make your blood boil

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Red Warrior posted:

It's still what they pretty much always try to do though.

yeah that's true

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pragmatica posted:

jfc redbull lmao

this amazing sport i love sucks rear end

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

aledesma posted:

I never read anyone's posts here op

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

wicka posted:

This is loser poo poo, Starbucks tried this strategy and repeatedly got their rear end kicked by a bunch of minimum wage baristas

NLRB FTW

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I wonder if Horner managed to get a good tug in on the flight to Saudi.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

looking forward to F1 Manager 2024 dating sim edition

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

aledesma posted:

race fans dot net commentariat have discovered the true crime here

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Grimson posted:

race fans dot net commentariat have discovered the true crime here

lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:alonso:

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Watch the ‘dishonesty’ she was suspended because of turn out to be her replying ‘yeah ok’ when Horny told her to delete their message history

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
lewis driving miss daisy there

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
this fuckin guy

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68497997

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari