Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Could people link this chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

yum posted:

https://imgur.com/a/LATWK7H

super rough pre tcb scans

MonsterEnvy posted:

Could people link this chapter.

Here ya go

Jerkface posted:

Not sure why we're spoiling this but Sukuna will never get horny enough to do black flash

drat he got horny

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Ok who is this guy again. What was his power

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Farg posted:

Good fundamentals

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Farg posted:

He has none.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Farg posted:

He doesn't have one. He's the best at the New Shadow Style and is good at swords.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Farg posted:

being the smartest/normal person in the series, during Shibuya he was the guy with Panda who realized that going to where Gojo was sealed is the last place you want to be if you want to live. Too bad he did not take into account Sukuna loving around.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I’d have Kukusabe’s attitude too considering he’s the strongest Jujutsu High sorcerer in Kanto and his counterparts in Tokyo were special grades like Gojo, Yuta etc.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Lamebot posted:

Good fundamentals

kusakabe's scrappy, has high jujutsu iq, and is sneakily athletic. scouts have also noted his cerebral fighting style.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Valentin posted:

kusakabe's scrappy, has high jujutsu iq, and is sneakily athletic. scouts have also noted his cerebral fighting style.
he's got a great face.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Kusakabe reveals he has a technique he can only use once and it's a sure-hit Katana cleave and he has Maki throw him her blade

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I wonder what Kusakabe's reasons are for being a part of Jujutsu Society. He seems to be really risk averse in a very dangerous line of work. IDK, maybe handling the day to day of hunting curses and instructing students was easy enough for him for a good paycheck and he is only reacting this way to extreme circumstances.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 8, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

yum posted:

I’d have Kukusabe’s attitude too considering he’s the strongest Jujutsu High sorcerer in Kanto and his counterparts in Tokyo were special grades like Gojo, Yuta etc.

Kusakabe is from Tokyo, he teaches the second years.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Lamebot posted:

I wonder what Kusakabe's reasons are for being a part of Jujutsu Society. He seems to be really risk averse in a very dangerous line of work. IDK, maybe handling the day to day of hunting curses and instructing students was easy enough for him for a good paycheck and he is only reacting this to extreme circumstances.

Yea his characterization is at odds with the ideas of what a "jujutsu sorcerer" is often described as, but maybe he is just like that one top guy from Hell's Paradise. Insanely lazy & risk averse until you absolutely must throw down.

Edit: Also we need to consider he did enter the fight vs Sukuna, he isn't running away when its come down to him, and he has at least been in proximity to insane danger throughout the entire series. So he has to have a few screws loose but he deffo has more "normie" brain than most other characters. I always like characters like that.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

yum posted:

https://imgur.com/a/LATWK7H

super rough pre tcb scans

Good. Sukuna met the Itadori hating quota this week.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kusakabe is from Tokyo, he teaches the second years.

Oh yeah, forgot he had a close relationship with Principle Yaga. Though he’s also supposed to be Mina’s mentor. I guess Todo was really pulling his weight in Kanto huh.

todo’s response should’ve been included in the strongest grade 1 discussion

yum fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 7, 2024

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

As an aside it's impressive how many times I think hat guy has died only for him to come back later to get horribly owned once agian.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Wasn't there a scene with hat bro sharing important information with someone that we never found out about?

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Tosk posted:

Wasn't there a scene with hat bro sharing important information with someone that we never found out about?

I wonder now if he was referring to the 7:3 blade.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

who is hat bro are you guys talking about ski mask bro

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Finally the matchup we've all been waiting for

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
TCB scans for ch. 253 are out.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

again i find myself confused by gege's structural choices. why spoil this chapter's ending from the top? going straight from the SUKUNA VS MAKI cover to a page about kusakabe was very "oh, okay." possibly paid off if maki immediately returns after the break and this was a gag, but...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Valentin posted:

again i find myself confused by gege's structural choices. why spoil this chapter's ending from the top? going straight from the SUKUNA VS MAKI cover to a page about kusakabe was very "oh, okay." possibly paid off if maki immediately returns after the break and this was a gag, but...

It *does* feel like it should have been at the start of the next chapter, doesn't it?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Seems fine to me. He’s clearly setup to do something cool next chapter. I feels a little disjointed for weekly readings but will flow better in the volume release.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

You'd think the first page is setting him up to do something cool this chapter, but it's actually setup for the gag that he's the last one standing since Sukuna keeps overlooking him.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

right my point is more that it makes me immediately stop thinking about maki, so when the narration goes "it's maki time!" I'm like oh ok. but you already said up top it's not.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

yum posted:

Seems fine to me. He’s clearly setup to do something cool next chapter. I feels a little disjointed for weekly readings but will flow better in the volume release.

We'll have to see but looking back to the Todo + Yuji vs Hanami right. The idea of stating who had the best record for consecutive black flashes came the same chapter Yuji actually exceeded Nanami's record not the chapter Yuji actually landed his first Black Flash, but a couple chapters later right as he starts laying into the tree spirit. I think that was overall better pacing than telling us two chapters early that Yuji will do multiple consecutive flashes.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/_EnemyStandUser/status/1766172609379463594?s=20

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Valentin posted:

right my point is more that it makes me immediately stop thinking about maki, so when the narration goes "it's maki time!" I'm like oh ok. but you already said up top it's not.

Well it is International Women's Day.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gege clearly just thought he needed at least a page of setup or otherwise the chapter ending would fall flat. Does make it awkward because while it starts and ends with Kusakabe stuff like the cover page says this chapter is just Maki vs Sukuna.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
following the action this chapter was tough, but i love seeing maki work regardless. and i like that several posts made last chapter were immediately proven wrong lol.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
fair enough, my own reaction was oh, this is more setup since as mentioned earlier in the thread, Kukusabe has been established as highly competent despite his attitude. I dont see how he’s going to impress Sukuna though, he’s similar to Yuji only way less durable.

Ino (mask guy) stocks are rising fast though, that guy has been getting his poo poo wrecked but he keeps getting back up. He’s probably the weakest sorcerer there but still trying to catch those hands. Kind of wrote him off after he got his face caved in by Toji in Shibuya but the guy has heart despite odds far beyond his pay grade.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
Maki being killed by black flash is kinda ehh, I think because we’ve just had too many of these moments. Also feels like the last panel from the previous chapter didn’t really go anywhere.

I do wonder what Shoko healing people will lead to.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Would be completely shocked if she was actually dead tbh and not just blown through a guardrail.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
Yeah that makes sense, maybe in the anime these ‘surprises’ won’t feel so overwhelming because it follows each other a lot faster.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
black flash hasn't been lethal once, it would be absurd if maki died to one

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah if anything Maki has to be alive so she can throwdown with Yuji in a 2 v 1 vs sukuna at least once

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

TheHan posted:

following the action this chapter was tough, but i love seeing maki work regardless. and i like that several posts made last chapter were immediately proven wrong lol.

I'm glad it wasn't just me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If the rest of the series up until the final chapter is still just Everyone vs. Sukuna I would probably turn around and say that it owned actually.