Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
The microplastics study is funny because I was just watching a thing about cementing cracks with a sludge and a layer of cloth to position it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
lol, the points in the dip would have been the highs not even ten years ago

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
For the us, the epa keeps an interactive database of how 'communities' are making themselves resistant to climate change and the reported results

https://www.epa.gov/arc-x

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

polycritical posted:

For the us, the epa keeps an interactive database of how 'communities' are making themselves resistant to climate change and the reported results

https://www.epa.gov/arc-x

responsive

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

It's up to us to do what governments won't

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I've been doing some basic web design for my tiny non profit job and seeing that makes me feel a bit better about my lovely product

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
That is honestly hilarious

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

this is good for my SAD but bad for the ocean.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
[Biosphere Collapse] this is good for my sad

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

incredible. so proud of everyone. we’re doing it :shobon:

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Hit Man posted:

care?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
i care a lot and thats enough, really

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

sure wish someone would do something about this whole thing

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

oh don’t worry, they are

…running up the high score!

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Scarabrae posted:

sure wish someone would do something about this whole thing

Even the completely worthless token greenwashing non-efforts are getting dismantled all the time. There's no hope, we're locked in to bending over backwards to dissemble and propagandize all the way until it breaks and then it's going to be "well it's too late anyway, let the rich enjoy themselves to the end, might as well now"

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

there was a tiktok meme of a girl who said she was reducing her 401k contribution every time she could wear a t shirt and shorts in February and it got reposted the other day and I saw someone comment :
“if you think you won’t be able to collect your 401k in 30 years then why aren’t you just assassinating people ?”

lol lmao.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Hit Man posted:

[REDACTED]?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Pussy Quipped posted:

“if you think you won’t be able to collect your 401k in 30 years then why aren’t you just assassinating people ?”

well if she was, i would certainly hope people on tiktok have better opsec than talking about that kind of poo poo in public

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Don't just start committing assassinations on your own, organize!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Gumball Gumption posted:

Don't just start committing assassinations on your own, organize!

*disassembling sniper rifle* fine...

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
lol if a pleb would even know who to kill

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

The Oldest Man posted:

folks if you build an archive of human knowledge, let me assure you right now that the joyous work will not be complete until it lies in ruin

Just imagine trying to cobble together a Voyager Golden Record in this era. The sheer trash that would make the cut

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
My plan is to let the collapsing biosphere do all the assassinations

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
https://twitter.com/WeatherProf/status/1765712067850276989

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

TehSaurus posted:

wait if the industry is generally $500m and the losses are $140m how odds out that they are “unavailable”? Isn’t this just less than they want?

Yeah all the poo poo with the Alaskan crabs hasn't affected the ability to purchase crab and eat it (though I haven't bought crab in years)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
not climate skeptic tweets…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

kyojin posted:

My plan is to let the collapsing biosphere do all the assassinations

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1362933753136484353

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I’m a climate septic.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
I, too, am skeptical that the climate will support us in the long run.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I sacrifice goats to the sun god, I’m a climate fanatic.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
lack of sacrifices is the whole problem. humanity will correct that shortly

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

30% of America's land and water will be conserved by 2030

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it's important to remember that all of these things will affect poor people the most if not entirely. the media and corrupt global oligarchy always make it real clear that climate change will Exacerbate Existing Inequities and be Devastating For The World's Poor. Pretty much every news article is seemingly required to include the phrase: Developing countries will be the most severely affected by accelerating climate change. This is of course great news, as I do not live in a developing country and also am not poor.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
I'm really glad that most economic activity occurs indoors and is therefore protected from climate change.

:nsa:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Hubbert posted:

I'm really glad that most economic activity occurs indoors and is therefore protected from climate change.

:nsa:

THIS JUST IN MICHAEL BLOOMBERG FEED NEWS: SOME poo poo rear end BANK YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF MIGHT GO OUT OF BUSINESS IN THE NEXT 5 WEEKS STAY TUNED FOR HOURLY UPDATES

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

oh, [REDACTED]? sweet!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

become a helicopter mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-68502267

quote:

In Scotland last year, government data shows that more than 17 million salmon died, the most ever recorded. Producers blamed hotter oceans for the losses.

Other countries have experienced even greater mortality. Norway says close to 17% of their farmed fish died suddenly in 2023.

To shed some light on these deaths, researchers looked at data from countries producing 92% of farmed salmon over the past decade.

The scientists found 865 million instances of farmed salmon dying prematurely during this period.