Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
After spending so much time in the Gwitch thread I was wary of kooky theories but Bravern is robot Lewis from the future is looking a lot more plausible after this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/f9TAcXFBvc62332/status/1763609448847929586?t=DL8Zy0SE7irbF4D0PH2lvA&s=19

But Big Robot!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What. What just happened?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Smith got what he wanted all along.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Knuth and Smith had a baby and the baby looked at me and it said BRAVERRRN

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I'm guessing I'm gonna be wrong about this not being a time loop lamo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/bangbravern/status/1764486271022633216?t=tzgy_KUdObqeWa-VccLd2g&s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnQEEwBBCRk

Dammit Smith this is what happens when you jump into an explosion to make love to the robot with a big Knuth

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 4, 2024

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Pretty cool darou

Booky posted:

smith...?? smith?????? :ohdear:

at first I was thinking no way Smith dies but now I’m starting to think this is a time loop situation and he’s Bravern. Considering all the “I really want to be a hero like you and Bravern” we heard in the episode.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Incredibly gratifying whenever one or two people go "you know, I'm starting to think this might be a time loop" or "you know, I'm starting to think Smith might somehow turn into Bravern" every week.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

God drat I love this show

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
yeah lol congrats Caphi for calling this one after episode 2

it did cash out in a fantastic combination sequence (loved Isami reading his lines off a karaoke prompt is great) so I'm happy about this turn of events

also, Lulu is the best

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Peak fiction, Bravern somehow continues to top itself each week and I cannot wait to see where this goes. I also want to see all this happening in a SRW game like ASAP

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Exia posted:

Peak fiction, Bravern somehow continues to top itself each week and I cannot wait to see where this goes. I also want to see all this happening in a SRW game like ASAP

if they havent started development on the next SRW yet it better have Bravern in it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Peak, this show is peak. God loving dammit it is just the greatest thing I've watched this season.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Man I was so wrong and everyone else was right but I don't care cause it was so good

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Something I noticed this episode is that the explosions and the smoke animation looked really, really good.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Arc Hammer posted:

Something I noticed this episode is that the explosions and the smoke animation looked really, really good.

When one of your bad guys is a smoke monster and the other one shits explosions you better bring your A game. They overused some animation but it was good animation so I don't mind.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Holy poo poo, this show.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Add Dear God! to the thread title

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Burn Bravern what an incredible series of reveals. I love this show.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

Burn Bravern what an incredible series of reveals. I love this show.

In the first episode when Smith approaches Isami at the bar, as he's walking away he starts humming Bravern's theme.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Was Bravern building his new upgrade like a gundam model an episode or two ago?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The 3d printer he uses can print weapons and apparently armor pieces, yeah. He printed up the axe he uses too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wonder where he got the printer. Innate knowledge of the death drive towers as 3D printers?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The best part was the bravery speech was 100% purr unfiltered Brave Robots. You could see Guy in Gaogaigar giving this speech

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bravern now has shades and they're blue.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

Wonder where he got the printer. Innate knowledge of the death drive towers as 3D printers?

I’m assuming so- Smith merged with the extra horny Death Drive so that would explain where he got all of that knowledge as well as why he was speaking about Isami in very sexual ways (and the fact that Smith wants to gently caress Isami probably helps as well)

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I’m assuming so- Smith merged with the extra horny Death Drive so that would explain where he got all of that knowledge as well as why he was speaking about Isami in very sexual ways (and the fact that Smith wants to gently caress Isami probably helps as well)

I'm wondering if Bravern (and the printer etc) is the 8th piece of the mothership (as mentioned in episode 2). We have the 7 pillars and robots but that leaves one more that landed. Or it could just be an error in the subs and it's 8 pieces, 7 of which landed on Earth. That would still leave the question of where Bravern physically came from, though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Seems pretty clear to me though that Cunus, Smith and the remains of his mech fused together and used her spacetime stuff to loop back.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I laugh every time.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Seems pretty clear to me though that Cunus, Smith and the remains of his mech fused together and used her spacetime stuff to loop back.

I still want to know where the hyperdimensional 3d printer came from.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It was attached to Bravern I thought, but I could be wrong.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

holy poo poo

but if smith is a robot now how will he kiss isami????

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Presumably Cunus' knowledge of deathdrive tech or salvaged from the towers because those're just big 3d printers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Booky posted:

holy poo poo

but if smith is a robot now how will he kiss isami????

On the lips.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

They are waaaaay past the kissing stage.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

Smith got what he wanted all along.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Isami is not at all appreciative enough of his very large boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Captain Fargle posted:

Isami is not at all appreciative enough of his very large boyfriend.

:hmmyes: