Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The really unfortunate thing about Mhi'ya being the LSA is that she's not absolutely incredible at that either. Compared to some of the all-time great lip syncers, Mhi'ya isn't on the same level except she can do flips (which are really impressive and cool.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

It's weird. I kind of want Drag Race to be clear about what goes. I mean, if track record doesn't matter in the lipsync, then sure, make it so queens like Mh'iya or Kaermon Michaels stay forever. If it doesn't stop letting queens like Q carry on when they obviously lost. It's not a matter of race, since if I think about it hard enough, there's queens of all sorts of races on each side of the table, so to speak. It's just disappointing to constantly be given the runaround and the only excuse besides Ru's, "The final decision is mine to make," is, "It's reality TV," which is bs, since other competitive shows have been seen to be fairer, in that aspect.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

neo-goth runway with zero rick owens reference. lacking.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

The eliminated queen likely will get a lifetime of goodwill for being an unjust middle elimination a la Max from season 7

I'm sorry what

E: like, I like Max and definitely think she could've gone on longer in the season but she absolutely deserved to go home for that Sharon Needles impression, she ate more poo poo during that Snatch Game than any of the queens did during the John Waters episode

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 3, 2024

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Ironic Twist posted:

I'm sorry what

E: like, I like Max and definitely think she could've gone on longer in the season but she absolutely deserved to go home for that Sharon Needles impression, she ate more poo poo during that Snatch Game than any of the queens did during the John Waters episode

I agree, although I think a lot of people have some affection for her because of the way she was edited. She was dehydrated or having an anxiety attack or whatever on stage, so to try and calm her down, Ru asked her to sing a song. Only they edited out Ru's song request, and just made it seem like Max started belting out a song out of nowhere, and made her look a little crazy.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Sorry being a little tipsy and watching videos ... Anyway has Rupaul ever mentiond her small part in the B52s Love Shack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SOryJvTAGs

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 4, 2024

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Sorry being a little tipsy and watching videos ... Anyway has Rupaul ever mentiond her small part in the B52s Love Shack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SOryJvTAGs

I feel like Ru talked about it when they were guest judges a couple seasons ago

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Just caught up on the last two episodes so I'm gonna give my thoughts late but:

I have generally enjoyed Plane all season, but her snatch game character sucked. She just played generic slav and it was boring. Sapphira was cheated

I immediately knew judging this week was gonna be dire when they said it was goth and I was hoping they were going to bring in an appropriate guest judge but instead we got idk whoever that was. Feels like I'm picking on Plane but anytime there's a goth assignment and someone comes out doing boomer rear end devil horns, just send them home immediately. My prediction was Mhiya would "win" the lip sync but be sent home... but I guess track record doesn't count this time around?

I dunno, I could keep going but I'll just leave it and say these past two episodes irritated me.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The really unfortunate thing about Mhi'ya being the LSA is that she's not absolutely incredible at that either. Compared to some of the all-time great lip syncers, Mhi'ya isn't on the same level except she can do flips (which are really impressive and cool.)

There's a bunch of videos surfacing of her ballroom performances going back over a decade. She's definitely got credentials. Now you could argue whether moving your body well equates to lip syncing well, but she's probably the best representation of voguing in all 16 seasons (sorry Vanessa Hudgens).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I somehow have a bunch of neo-goth friends and Plane was the only one who actually got the aesthetic

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

big black turnout posted:

I immediately knew judging this week was gonna be dire when they said it was goth and I was hoping they were going to bring in an appropriate guest judge but instead we got idk whoever that was.

It would have been a great time to bring Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) back.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'm happy with the outcome of this episode. I didn't care all that much for Plasma compared to others and her 2 wins were problematic for my ideal top 4. I still like her and think she's very talented and hope to see her again on All-Stars. But I just don't understand why her drag name is Plasma and not something like Audrey II Heartburn. Kudos to her very professional attitude about it all.

I thoroughly enjoyed the lip-sync. At first I was like "Oh no, Mhi'ya's dress is a tight fit and going to sabotage her." and then loving ninja'ed across the runway and my jaw dropped. This is one I'll probably rewatch occasionally in the future. Where the hell is the vid of DiDa Ritz murdering the Princess on stage godsdammit?

Untucked is pretty good this week too. For as much poo poo as Plane talks, she can also take it which is refreshing to see a queen not defensively meltdown in the face of fair criticism. Nymphia's quick "Oh that would be a good storyline." had me howling. And Q fake giggling would make a great gif.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I honestly can't remember anything that's happened in Untucked this season because I always dissociate while watching, knowing that the guest judge will interrupt any possible interesting development during their contractually granted meet and greet.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Yeah, it's got a Ru Paul's Celebrity Exclusive Drag Queen Petting Zoo vibe now, but eh it's a quick watch while eating lunch at my desk.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I loved this episode, all the queens served great personality and the looks were all at least intriguing, plus you can tell production absolutely intended to have Jenna Ortega on as a guest star and it's really funny seeing how her absence hosed things up. Also, Mhi'ya eliminating a better queen after relying on someone else to get her through a challenge again is so funny. Just good television.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

iceyman posted:

Yeah, it's got a Ru Paul's Celebrity Exclusive Drag Queen Petting Zoo vibe now, but eh it's a quick watch while eating lunch at my desk.

I want the gold and silver lounges back, that would fix everything.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Also the filming in the gold and silver lounges has to be done through an inch of Vaseline

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Drimble Wedge posted:

UkvsTW: is it just me, or did Ru already have a stank attitude when doing the workroom walkthrough with everyone? And why was he so hung up on accents?

Just caught up. And yeah, I got this too. I feel like he's a crotchety old man who's basically saying, "The point is to make me laugh, so use your goofy accent to make me laugh or at least let me UNDERSTAND you."

I totally think Scarlett knew this would happen, so she chose everyone who spoke English very clearly and had a funny bone. Track record means nothing if you can't make Ru laugh because she doesn't get what you said.

Hanna was robbed; her Snatch Game was funnier, her lipsync fit the brief, and was coherent. Tia Kofi was just frenetic and stupid. It was some grade-A Shangela poo poo.

Also, just an opinion, but this is UK vs. the World, not Drag U. You're not putting someone through school to learn the drag arts. They're supposed to be trained up and good already. Get Gothy the hell outta there.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Oh, and it seems like no one is watching, but Drag Race España: All Stars had the BEST roast. No one did bad. Everyone had great jokes. I almost cried laughing at one of them from the last performer.

#TEAMJurji or Hornella, but it's probably going to Drag Sethlas. They've been telegraphing they want her to win since the beginning, like Pitita last season.

EDIT:

To not triple post (and sorry for the double post, but I'm on the web very late at night sans sleep, so I post sans respecting etiquette) but have y'all heard of RuPaul's latest scam for cash?

https://x.com/latrizard/status/1764849963182301206?s=20

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 5, 2024

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

Oh, and it seems like no one is watching, but Drag Race España: All Stars had the BEST roast. No one did bad. Everyone had great jokes. I almost cried laughing at one of them from the last performer.

#TEAMJurji or Hornella, but it's probably going to Drag Sethlas. They've been telegraphing they want her to win since the beginning, like Pitita last season.

Concur. Drag Race Espana has outstanding queens, but the judging these last couple of seasons has been very frustrating.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSfZu3xARRc

This is absolutely the best way to do a "do over" after getting eliminated. loving rules.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Plasma is definitely taking notes from Trixie's "hit the ground running" strategy after season 7, and I love it. Her YT channel went from 14.9k to 19.2k subscribers in just a few days. (No, I'm not saying she's going to be as huge as Trixie, but she's made some very smart moves to capitalize on her moments)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Next episode teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw0fyGtycHM

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Laughing at this whole RuPaul starting up a Queer Friendly Book Store that's actually a drop shipping site for the entire Ingram catalog thing so you can buy Mein Kampf from Mama Ru

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I kinda like how spicy Mhi'ya gets after she sends someone home, only to return to her shy outgoing self at the start of the next day

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Plasma got loving robbed

Eat actual poo poo, Ru's production team

The only redeeming thing that could come out of this season is if Jane gives her immunity to Mhi'ya as a tactical decision, Jane ends up in the bottom and then loses the lipsync. Somehow to Mhi'ya. And they both go home.

the Aristocrats

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I've been enjoying this season so far. This feels like the most talented set of seamstresses we've ever had on the show. While I think the top few are solidifying there is some intrigue to see who could actually win compared to last season.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

buddychrist10 posted:

I've been enjoying this season so far. This feels like the most talented set of seamstresses we've ever had on the show. While I think the top few are solidifying there is some intrigue to see who could actually win compared to last season.

Yeah, I like that there is no clear frontrunner like last season where Sasha Colby showed up and everyone was like, we might as well just go home.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I stumbled on this YT video and was just :swoon: over it. So many great lipsyncs that year. And such bullshit calls. Clover Bish in España and Aurora Matrix in Canada deserved their wins.

Also, all tea all shade, but some countries just can’t lip sync to the standard set by others. *cough*Down Under*cough*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNzkRt3jApQ

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

I stumbled on this YT video and was just :swoon: over it. So many great lipsyncs that year. And such bullshit calls. Clover Bish in España and Aurora Matrix in Canada deserved their wins.

I’m not sure what you mean about Clover Bish. She did win that lip sync. Were you referring to the whole season or did you mean Visa should have won? My opinion is it should have been a double shantay. loving amazing lip sync.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

garthoneeye posted:

I’m not sure what you mean about Clover Bish. She did win that lip sync. Were you referring to the whole season or did you mean Visa should have won? My opinion is it should have been a double shantay. loving amazing lip sync.

Oh snap! No, I was talking about the lipsync she got sent home for. That was totally the Javis and their bullshit against female queens.

But I completely agree, this one should have been a double shantay.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pan Dulce posted:

Also, all tea all shade, but some countries just can’t lip sync to the standard set by others. *cough*Down Under*cough*

It's not their fault, the songs play the other way round down there

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Started Drag Race France season 1. I love all of them. Especially lolita banana, who is a chaos goblin.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

G-Mawwwwwww posted:

Started Drag Race France season 1. I love all of them. Especially lolita banana, who is a chaos goblin.

She’s a judge on DR Mexico (cohost with Valentina) which I never fail to plug. You should check it out after France.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Pan Dulce posted:

She’s a judge on DR Mexico (cohost with Valentina) which I never fail to plug. You should check it out after France.

Drag race mexico is so underrated. It's definitely top 10. Valentina and lolita banana are great judges. I really want to see more of the top 5.

Huge gala vero fan now as a result.

One of the things I love about these previous contestants becoming judges is their looks as judges. Valentina and lolita banana and Nicky Doll and Manila are using it as an opportunity to turn some amazing looks.

Nicky doll's wig from episode one of drag race france is crazy.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 8, 2024

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Nikki Doll’s judging outfit/cosplay as Edea from FFVIII was :discourse:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Pan Dulce posted:

Nikki Doll’s judging outfit/cosplay as Edea from FFVIII was :discourse:

What??? I need to see this

Pan Dulce