Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
The only thing "wrong" with Rick and Morty is when the fanbase takes the memes to the real world and runs them into the ground, kinda like with The Office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Martman posted:

i always find it crazy that people wanna watch TV and stuff while tripping. I always need to go touch a tree or something

I tripped for the first time on the day trump said Covid was real (I knew before but no one else did lol) and we watched Star Wars episode 3 and it was sublime. Everything was geometric

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
We watched the neverending story while on shrooms and it was magical.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Last time for me I watched The Lighthouse then Mandy.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I saw Blair Witch Project, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Event Horizon in the theater on lsd, fun times!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

I saw Blair Witch Project, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Event Horizon in the theater on lsd, fun times!

lmao good lord

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I loved invader Zim, adventure Time, and Steven universe and I think I would loathe being stuck in a room with the fandom beyond 10 mins

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Unthinkable is a waste of talent and time -avoid

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

TheMopeSquad posted:

The only thing "wrong" with Rick and Morty is when the fanbase takes the memes to the real world and runs them into the ground, kinda like with The Office.

[Subtly turns towards camera and mouths "pickle Rick"]

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

We watched the neverending story while on shrooms and it was magical.

I don't think I could ever watch a movie on shrooms. I think the edits would drive me nuts. I generally just want to look at a campfire or some plants and for everyone around me to be chill.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Man, at first I thought the amazon ad thing wouldn't be so bad, but just now they tried to serve me three consecutive ads of a minute each right in the middle of an episode (literally interrupting a dialogue) and lmao that is not going to happen. Absurd move for a site with an interface so poo poo and a selection so mediocre.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Inspector Hound posted:

[Subtly turns towards camera and mouths "pickle Rick"]

The episode on its own is pretty funny. Susan sarandon is a good therapist that correctly calls Rick and Beth out and in the end they ignore it and double down on their codependency in a funny way.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Upsidads posted:

I loved invader Zim, adventure Time, and Steven universe and I think I would loathe being stuck in a room with the fandom beyond 10 mins

A good invader Zim fan knows the montage in the wetting is based on army of darkness. A bad invader Zim fan thinks the show is about tacos

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TheMopeSquad posted:

Last time for me I watched The Lighthouse then Mandy.

Feels like a good way to get insane

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Enos Cabell posted:

goddamn

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Perestroika posted:

Man, at first I thought the amazon ad thing wouldn't be so bad, but just now they tried to serve me three consecutive ads of a minute each right in the middle of an episode (literally interrupting a dialogue) and lmao that is not going to happen. Absurd move for a site with an interface so poo poo and a selection so mediocre.

they are literally forcing people to download illegally

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

A good invader Zim fan knows the montage in the wetting is based on army of darkness. A bad invader Zim fan thinks the show is about tacos
You've got this in reverse

Carillon
May 9, 2014

My issue with Rick and Morty, at least the first 3-4 seasons, is that the show is so nihilistic. It affects my world view when I watch it, it's funny, but then I find myself in a weird funk later. I get why people watch it, but I can't really.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was in an iffy place in 2013 so the show just clicked for me and made me laugh during my parents really lovely divorce.

Legit was my favorite show hands down but I just have a hard time going back to it post Justin. Just taints the whole show man.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

That Ricky Stanicky movie is actually pretty funny

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

You've got this in reverse

You’re both wrong, there’s actually no such thing as a good invader zim fan.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Perestroika posted:

the worst part of the amazon ads is that streaming services are not beholden to the CALM Act and their ads can be several decibels higher. amazon's are sometimes painfully so if you're wearing headphones

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

magiccarpet posted:

That Ricky Stanicky movie is actually pretty funny

Yeah jon cena really makes it.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I'm watching The Program on Netflix and am reminded of a blog with illustrations from a person who went through a similar situation in an abusive alternative school. As of a couple of years ago they hadn't completed the story and I lost track of it at some point. Can anybody point me in the right direction to find it again? Details I remember are forced boxing matches and the person escaped at one or two points before being recaptured.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Inspector 34 posted:

I'm watching The Program on Netflix and am reminded of a blog with illustrations from a person who went through a similar situation in an abusive alternative school. As of a couple of years ago they hadn't completed the story and I lost track of it at some point. Can anybody point me in the right direction to find it again? Details I remember are forced boxing matches and the person escaped at one or two points before being recaptured.

Are you thinking of Elan School?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I've been watching Constellation on Apple and it's a pretty good time so far. It's got a very strong opening, and while it does seem to slow down a bit that I'm staying intrigued. The real standout so far is Jonathan Banks, perhaps best known as Mike from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul. He's playing two different versions of a character, and it's really fun to see how he can convey two completely different vibes without even speaking just by putting on a pair of glasses and changing his body language.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You’re both wrong, there’s actually no such thing as a good invader zim fan.

It’s me you fool

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Enm

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Perestroika posted:

The real standout so far is Jonathan Banks, perhaps best known as Mike from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul. He's playing two different versions of a character, and it's really fun to see how he can convey two completely different vibes without even speaking just by putting on a pair of glasses and changing his body language.

Yeah, I was getting Stephen King villain vibes from the character, and it struck me how good he'd be in that kind of thing.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

CelticPredator posted:

It’s me you fool

You probably don't even know all the lyrics to the doom song!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s because the doom song is in all of all hearts

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Inspector 34 posted:

season 3 of Riverdale?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Not normally the type of movie I watch but I'm hungover so decided to check out Ricky Stanicky on Prime. I laughed pretty hard, I'm glad Cena jumped into comedy with both feet

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Carillon posted:

Are you thinking of Elan School?

Yep that's it, thanks!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Perestroika posted:

I've been watching Constellation on Apple and it's a pretty good time so far. It's got a very strong opening, and while it does seem to slow down a bit that I'm staying intrigued. The real standout so far is Jonathan Banks, perhaps best known as Mike from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul. He's playing two different versions of a character, and it's really fun to see how he can convey two completely different vibes without even speaking just by putting on a pair of glasses and changing his body language.

I randomly watched 48hrs for the first time last week and there’s a ‘young’ Jonathan banks as a cop. I had no idea he’d been around so long.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I randomly watched 48hrs for the first time last week and there’s a ‘young’ Jonathan banks as a cop. I had no idea he’d been around so long.

He plays a cop in Gremlins too!

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

He plays a cop in Gremlins too!

He tries to kill some cops in Beverly Hills Cop.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I'm watching the mid 90s show "The Pretender" right now and he popped up as a cop there too!

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

He's in the Emilio Estevez/Mick Jagger movie Freejack. He's a guy in a suit in a building. Security maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Watched Damsel, Netflix's Millie Bobby Brown-led Fairy Tale. Enjoyed it! It's largely forgettable dross and no one will remember it in 5 years, I suspect, and it doesn't stick the landing, but it's pretty cool and a good family watch for a slow afternoon. PG-13, some blood and corpses and people getting burned alive (as it should be, in a dragon movie) but nothing too nasty. It's frequently predictable and formulaic outside of a very good escape sequence. Mild spoilers:

The dragon is good! It's definitely a dragon but they did some good fresh stuff with it, like making it spew napalm and giving it goat eyes and a weird gross mouth and a great VA. They also did the cool thing and kept it hidden for a long time, a trick that DragonSlayer also used to great effect. Sadly they do the thing where it's strong and fast and deadly and cunning when it wants to be and then the script says that it has to be slow and stupid and easily distracted or w/e.

The actual escape is pretty good, with one of the best "this dragon will loving kill you" tension scenes I've seen in a while: the flaming flock of birds. The layout of the lair is positively Gygaxian; each room seems to be its own little encounter with its own weird little fantasy rules or obstacle to overcome. I could almost see the read-aloud text. The actual escape was the strongest part of the movie, it's just a dungeon crawl with a scared princess trying to figure out the rules of this weird place.

I really enjoyed the casting of Robin Wright. Very meta and fun. Reversing the wicked stepmother trope was also inspired, although casting Angela Bassett and not letting her kick rear end was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Alas, I was denied the truly great apocalyptic dragon destruction scene that the movie repeatedly pointed toward. A few very inspired shots but they looked pretty digital, mores the pity.

My son thought that the ending indicated that the dragon was going to fly off and find a new boyfriend. I got to make a good Dad Joke and say that she would meet him on Cindr. Any movie that can make my family groan is okay by me.

Would be a good double feature with DragonSlayer, which also has a princess and young women who must be sacrificed to the dragon to keep it complacent.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 11, 2024