Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

90-10

my face is already red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
50/50

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There's nothing wrong with the series itself and maybe it's a cultural thing on my part but I've always found "Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun" to be a rather awkward title.
it's just an old japanese schoolyard legend, hanako of the toilet. basically just yooo theres a ghost in the school bathroom!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

it's just an old japanese schoolyard legend, hanako of the toilet. basically just yooo theres a ghost in the school bathroom!

Yeah I know what it's about, it's just the title makes my stupid brain think it's from a very different genre than it really is.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

toilets gonna be haunted when im done with it

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

homeless snail posted:

toilets gonna be haunted when im done with it

Ah yes, Taco Bell.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lil bro recommended Asobi Asobase so imma check it out

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Aw yeah, it's funny as hell.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I sold a trading card to my local comic shop for 400$ (store credit, but still worth it)

Today was a good day.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

solid number gamer. assuming it was a one piece pull?

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

yeah what card was it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i got to the bad bit in Wonder Egg Priority. didn't expect it to be this dumb. what a waste.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The worst part about WEG is because the writer doesn't know how to write for anime everything became a twist because he didn't plan ahead and there's no foreshadowing. So the bad parts are amplified because there's no build up to ease you into the dumbassery.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

GateOfD posted:

co-worker gifted me a bottle of rum
i don't drink.

i added like a tablespoon to a glass of cola.

how do people drink these things straight up

Pretty sure like literally any drink that’s like 50% proof or higher is just meant to be mixed with something unless you’re really just trying to get wasted. Or taken as a single shot.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

verbal enema posted:

lil bro is looking for bleak/ depressing animes from the 90s, early 2000s if anyone has any recs. Not really my forte. He's already seen Jin Roh

blue sub 6?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

(no i don't regret it, because imo it was at times exceptional, but still, what a pity)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

that said, the ending retroactively lowered my opinion of the rest of the show. less the convoluted backstory, more the clumsy handling of koito. the "twist" delivered practically as an aside.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 10, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

at least Rika is still cool

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

panko posted:

solid number gamer. assuming it was a one piece pull?

Star Wars Unlimited. A Showcase (variant foil art) Boba Fett leader.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rinkles posted:

that said, the ending retroactively lowered my opinion of the rest of the show. less the convoluted backstory, more the clumsy handling of koito. the "twist" delivered practically as an aside.
that angle is still so weird because they made the teacher a creepy weirdo and then went 'haha, you were assuming things about him!!!' but like. you didnt just show stuff that could be taken either way. a grown man should not be painting pictures of teenagers without asking them. he also should not be titling the paintings 'heat.' the dude's a creepy weirdo.

and the last minute twist of 'the monsters are just what the person THINKS they are rather than what they actually are' completely destroys the rest of the show because like 90% of the monsters were literal rapists. was that all in the victim's heads? thats not the intent at all of course but its a moronic angle to throw in at the last second, and clearly wasnt planned for.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
everything about the wonder killers is immediately so weird because the way episode 1 presents them is stylized and cool. and then for the rest of the show they're wacky inflatable arm monsters who shout about how much they love rape

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

episode 1 frankly feels like an entirely separate show from the rest of it cause ep 1 has like. subtlety.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

WEG

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wegg

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Black Stones posted:

I sold a trading card to my local comic shop for 400$ (store credit, but still worth it)

Today was a good day.

i was gonna sell my ygo deck but now my work schedule has changed again where its easier for me to go to locals so i am on my bullshit once again

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the part of the wegg guy's trans manga where the guy is advocating for trans rights by saying "she is willing to cut her penis off. her entire penis. off. how can you not admire her drive? her courage?" and this makes everyone in the auditorium start clapping

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Colonel posted:

the part of the wegg guy's trans manga where the guy is advocating for trans rights by saying "she is willing to cut her penis off. her entire penis. off. how can you not admire her drive? her courage?" and this makes everyone in the auditorium start clapping

The epitome of "He's a little confused but he's got the spirit"

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

The Black Stones posted:

Star Wars Unlimited. A Showcase (variant foil art) Boba Fett leader.

nice. I dont play either star wars or one piece but I assumed one piece because a buddy of mine opened this at the prerelease this weekend and apparently its a solid five hundo piece of cardboard

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
People are crazy for weird face Nami.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I won't be watching because lol the Oscars suck but I hope that Godzilla wins the best VFX award tonight.

Also pulling for Spiderverse to win best animated.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oppenheimer sweep

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Yeah I remember I was down on the show going into the ending but thought it could salvage something but nope the ending was even worse and just made everything a mess. Just one of the worst ending episodes ever

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

opp. opp opp. oppen heimer style

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

symbolic posted:

Oppenheimer sweep

This will likely happen but Minus One is basically a sequel to Oppenheimer so they should give awards to both.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Oppenheimer is probably winning the major awards but I liked Barbie more and hope it wins some major awards too

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

panko posted:

opp. opp opp. oppen heimer style

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Oppenheimer is probably winning the major awards but I liked Barbie more and hope it wins some major awards too

Ryan Gosling for Best Supporting Actor & then split the rest of the awards among Oppenheimer, Killers of the Flower Moon, and Minus One

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The only best pic winner I'll be disappointed with is Maestro and I'd be shocked if it won. Honestly, very good slate this year!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Also best vfx is either gonna be Godzilla or The Creator and either win would be well deserved in my book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Anyhow I don't think it'll win best pic but I hope Anatomy of a Fall wins at least one category. And I'm hoping Miyazaki can get another Oscar.