Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

entra lì

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

refleks posted:

loving that it only just now occurred to Ferrari they have some weight to throw around and that they can entice people to join the organization with the right rewards...

https://x.com/fiagirly/status/1767510554438984090?s=20

Hello, :cumpolice:? I'd like to report an active shooter situation.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Is Ferrari going to open a boating division?

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Simplex posted:

Is Ferrari going to open a boating division?

now that you mention it, I am surprised they haven't made a boating/yachting team. Rich people love spending money on boats.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
So I watched the 2nd FIA academy and I feel like this series is doing the opposite of promoting female drivers. The engines have the same horsepower that my 2000 Subaru has, the drivers don't look very skilled and they gave the winner a penalty because no one told her the race was over.

If this is the best the FIA can do for women then they should just throw in the towel now.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

daslog posted:

So I watched the 2nd FIA academy and I feel like this series is doing the opposite of promoting female drivers. The engines have the same horsepower that my 2000 Subaru has, the drivers don't look very skilled and they gave the winner a penalty because no one told her the race was over.

If this is the best the FIA can do for women then they should just throw in the towel now.

they use the f4 car.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatuus_F4-T421?wprov=sfla1

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
a 570kg subaru is pretty impressive

actually do any na subarus even have 185hp? or only the turbos

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm not even sure it's remotely useful comparing consumer-use cars and a 1300-pound car that has aero, open wheels, slicks, and doesn't have to carry any groceries or passengers in a safety zone even if the racecar has comparable power delivery

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

the milk machine posted:

a 570kg subaru is pretty impressive

actually do any na subarus even have 185hp? or only the turbos

The brz is 200 and is NA.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It famously took just one day to build Rome

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

wicka posted:

It famously took just one day to build Rome

lol

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

FAUXTON posted:

I'm not even sure it's remotely useful comparing consumer-use cars and a 1300-pound car that has aero, open wheels, slicks, and doesn't have to carry any groceries or passengers in a safety zone even if the racecar has comparable power delivery

I would still try to grocery shop in a 1300-pound car with 185hp if I had one.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Wherever Newey ends up I hope it’s not with Max.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

daslog posted:

The brz is 200 and is NA.

oh nice, I forgot about those

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
At least the F1 Academy intro credits show the drivers looking like normal people rather than emotionless aliens or Charles Leclerc's manifested depression.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pirate Radar posted:

I would still try to grocery shop in a 1300-pound car with 185hp if I had one.

now this is cart racing

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Didn’t the formula w series run out of money half way through the season 2 years ago? lol

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Arc Hammer posted:

At least the F1 Academy intro credits show the drivers looking like normal people rather than emotionless aliens or Charles Leclerc's manifested depression.

give it a year

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

^ Mr Optimism.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Ferrari are SO back

Sandbags are comin off, all u h8ers better repent now

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I want to see the ultimate Max and George Mercedes team next year

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

Well you're dead wrong. That guy clearly is getting more racing experience driving his Subaru Legacy to the grocery store to get three different kinds of lays chips and a 23 pack of Diet Pepsi. Dude must practically be the next Senna

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tony quidprano posted:

Well you're dead wrong. That guy clearly is getting more racing experience driving his Subaru Legacy to the grocery store to get three different kinds of lays chips and a 23 pack of Diet Pepsi. Dude must practically be the next Senna

I think you might be the next senna actually

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

slave to my cravings posted:

I want to see the ultimate Max and George Mercedes team next year

The Nico + Ham revival

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

I think you might be the next senna actually

the Schumacher comparison works better because he is legally brain dead just FYI

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

daslog posted:

If it doesn’t award super license points, it’s just a performative fig leaf meant to pull female drivers out of any regular path to advancement before they acheive anything.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tony quidprano posted:

the Schumacher comparison works better because he is legally brain dead just FYI

yeah but you went off full tilt on a tangent

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

EoRaptor posted:

If it doesn’t award super license points, it’s just a performative fig leaf meant to pull female drivers out of any regular path to advancement before they acheive anything.

the top five drivers at the end of the season get super licence points

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

SocksAndSandals posted:

Ferrari are SO back

First season, huh?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Arc Hammer posted:

And notice the closest to that in the entire intro is the Ferrari affiliated driver.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SocksAndSandals posted:

Ferrari are SO back

Been hearing this.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

SocksAndSandals posted:

Ferrari are SO back

i want it on record that i have always supported the right and true Scuderia Ferrari and have been a proud tifosi since birth

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
doing donuts all over maranello in my subaru f4, hooting and hollering for lewis

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the milk machine posted:

hooting and hollering for lewis

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Eating donuts all over the USA in my caddy, yipping and yehawwing for Lewis.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

the milk machine posted:

the top five drivers at the end of the season get super licence points

Does F4 also award super license points? Or are they just desperate to get a women driver pushed through the system?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

daslog posted:

Does F4 also award super license points? Or are they just desperate to get a women driver pushed through the system?

looks like the top 7 in f4 get points, yeah

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Aphex- posted:

i want it on record that i have always supported the right and true Scuderia Ferrari and have been a proud tifosi since birth

I like to take Seb’s interpretation

https://youtube.com/shorts/G-BPXBkNduE?feature=shared

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

daslog posted:

karting world champs gives you super license points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

F1 Academy actually awards fewer points than the W Series did.