Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Fungah!)

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
oh ya and the soundtrack is perfect except for the credits theme Lol

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fucker posted:

that band from th ending song is john carpenter and his movie buddies band lmao

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Fucker posted:

I love the corny theme song. One of the people in the band is legendary stuntman and Michael Myers actor Dick Warlock.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for people to react to my pick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

BAD BOY BUBBY
Courtesy of trying to jack off

Bubby has spent thirty years trapped in the same small room, tricked by his mother. One day, he manages to escape, and, deranged and naive in equal measures, his adventure into the modern and nihilistic life begins.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3LbPmFE2HU

Director: Rolf de Heer
Writer: Rolf de Heer
Stars: Nicholas Hope, Clair Benito, Ralph Cotterill

Available On: archive.org (https://archive.org/details/bad-boy-bubby-1993)

Available From: 3-11 - 3-24

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for people to react to my pick

i was gonna say its incredible you found another movie about an australian imbecile but

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i was gonna say its incredible you found another movie about an australian imbecile but

Its all of them

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol I've had that on my list for a long time. Looking forward to it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thank you for the endorsement Tarantino

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

lol cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
M

amazing, wonderful movie. i'd love to see how they shot they guy climbing out of the bank ceiling

My read on the criminal court, is that even if you don't sympathize with Lorre's character, what justice does it bring? maybe they kill him, and then what? dump his body somewhere? pin a note to it saying "hi im the killer"? maybe they just hide the body and the police still think the killer is at large until everyone just forgets about? thats awful too, and the mothers in the end are left even worse off. they all rile themselves up that the police will be too kind to him but he could just as easily be killed in prison or something

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lol the shot of the guard drinking a giant beer and eating dinner while the criminal is being told the guy died

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

Bubby has spent thirty years trapped in the same small room, tricked by his mother. One day, he manages to escape, and, deranged and naive in equal measures, his adventure into the modern and nihilistic life begins.

Odd Boy

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that description is so understated for what this movie is its insane

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

time over for m, time starts for for bad boy bubby

copy
Jul 26, 2007

that description is so understated for what this movie is its insane

lol hoype

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm an hour into bad boy bubby this is a wild flick

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Followup this movie ruled. Hard to stomach for the first half hour but then gives way to an incredible journey about being human.

Kickass pick

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

look up the trivia for it, the first half hour was originally going to be matted, but Rolf De Heer described it as unwatchable so he took it out

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

look up the trivia for it, the first half hour was originally going to be matted, but Rolf De Heer described it as unwatchable so he took it out

The production is nuts, 31 directors of photography and the mic setup to try and recreate the sound so it reflects what Bubby would hear is so cool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its probably one of the best films of all time and i expect someone to get filtered

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

its probably one of the best films of all time and i expect someone to get filtered

pretty sure the same was said of Forbidden Zone

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
nobody shouldve gotten filtered by forbidden zone its just an objectively amazing movie

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

starbarry clock posted:

nobody shouldve gotten filtered by forbidden zone its just an objectively amazing movie

you are a fucker and Atogatog is too

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a danny elfman musical is confronting in a completely different way

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just watched bad boy bubby in the ideal conditions set by christopher nolan himself, on my phone in the back of a minivan with unstable internet while crossing the thai-cambodian border.

i havent seen it in a few years and its somehow even better. i first saw this movie through an ex who was the daughter of a bike club president and they would always quote this movie like it was a meme. she ranked white chicks as a top 5 film of all time, so i was expecting absolute trash and then got my mind loving blown. more people watch it now so i can discuss it :mad:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i just watched bad boy bubby in the ideal conditions set by christopher nolan himself, on my phone in the back of a minivan with unstable internet while crossing the thai-cambodian border.

i havent seen it in a few years and its somehow even better. i first saw this movie through an ex who was the daughter of a bike club president and they would always quote this movie like it was a meme. she ranked white chicks as a top 5 film of all time, so i was expecting absolute trash and then got my mind loving blown. more people watch it now so i can discuss it :mad:

alright bro gently caress it it's 12:30 in the morning and i've been drinking/sleeping since 4:30 so i'm in ideal conditions too, will report back

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

symbolic posted:

alright bro gently caress it it's 12:30 in the morning and i've been drinking/sleeping since 4:30 so i'm in ideal conditions too, will report back

lmfao, hell yeah

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i forgot to mention my ex absolutely wanted to have sex during this movie, please keep that in mind for any further watches/rewatches lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao already at the lead's only other notable role being one of the minor bad guys from the live-action Scooby-Doo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i forgot to mention my ex absolutely wanted to have sex during this movie, please keep that in mind for any further watches/rewatches lmfao

im 10 minutes in and that flag is so red it's crimson bro

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i just got to the the cat shrink wrap scene and if an ex wanted to bang to this movie i'd turn gay in a heartbeat what the gently caress

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i don't think i had realized they moved this forum under the imp zone, lmao. posting to subscribe.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

watch bad boy bubby and forbidden zone in one sitting so i have a reason to read the dream thread again

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

watch bad boy bubby and forbidden zone in one sitting so i have a reason to read the dream thread again

lol. i was trying to do the 1001 movies to watch before you die list for awhile, i had this whole system, and i did have some hosed up dreams when i was watching like tarkovsky or the cabinet of dr caligari or w/e. i got stuck on that martin scorsese snoozer where daniel day lewis is in some kind of jane austen situation and after renting it three separate times and giving up every ten minutes or so i haven't gotten back to it, lmao.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

scorsese film with its only academy award being for best costume design, im loving out

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it also won a bodil award for best american film. amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Big Trouble in Little China: Love a quick and silly action flick. I don't know why Kurt Russell is doing some kind of cross between John Wayne and Han Solo but it works. Thought the sets looked great and the special effects haven't aged too badly. I enjoyed this one a lot, probably 4 stars out of 5.

Victor Wong is cool.