Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/wgdunlop/status/1767603551633650037?t=nTVFPU_xPCzqDWPsMo9bqg&s=19

Great job Army PAOs, no notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Maaaaybe it’s just their breakaway song and they are just oblivious?

lol

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Maybe they know

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

Like dude… find a better golden idol.
I spent the first year of Anno MAGA repeatedly asking "but, why THIS guy? Why not some other fash who's younger, smarter, able to walk up stairs, and can form coherent sentences." Then I realized that guy would be better than the chuds and the chuds would know it. I realized they idolize trump because he's exactly as fat, lazy, and stupid as his fans. They love him because he's one of them.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I can’t believe diamond joe is real

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tiny Timbs posted:

I can’t believe diamond joe is real

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Not that this is a surprise to anyone, but:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1767492249162584489?t=avHUDKRyxzPDnSiB4pJNhg&s=19

"I like Orban, and he likes me! We have a great relationship! And I might've said some things about what the future of Ukraine might look like, but I didn't say anything about cutting their funding! I will set up the GREATEST deal in the HISTORY of deals!"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

Maybe they know

They loving know. Everyone likes to be the Evil Empire, they just get pissy when someone uses those words to describe them.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Colorado and the house of representatives are about to be extremely funny with Ken Buck retiring next week.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I can only hope trump loses, my anxiety can't really take the uncertainty at all, even with the meds.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I can only hope trump loses, my anxiety can't really take the uncertainty at all, even with the meds.

I'm team McDonalds-clogged arteries lead to a stroke, myself.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'm definitely looking forward to being fired because my SSN ends in an odd number or something.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Get fuuuuuuuuucked

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68547871 posted:

Andrew Tate and brother Tristan can be extradited to UK, Romanian court rules

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Get fuuuuuuuuucked

Horace Rumpole, for the first time in his life, strongly considers asking to undertake a prosecution.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Arrath posted:

I'm team McDonalds-clogged arteries lead to a stroke, myself.

"While many of you are likely yelling "Go Fanni Willis! or "Go Jack Smith! I'm yelling "Go coronary heart disease and sudden cardiac arrest!"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'm in the same boat. I'd like to think that abortion rights, Ukraine, Swifties, the border/border deal he botched, and educated people seeing through the typical criminal and amoral bullshit surrounding Trump will be enough to tip the five or six states that will decide it, but :shrug:.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Handsome Ralph posted:

"While many of you are likely yelling "Go Fanni Willis! or "Go Jack Smith! I'm yelling "Go coronary heart disease and sudden cardiac arrest!"

Yeah, a stroke wouldn't be enough. He could be permanently paralyzed on one side of his body and unable to speak and 80 million chuds would still vote for him.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I think that one would break his cult of personality. He wouldn't be the rear end in a top hat bully they all get to be vicariously through him anymore and that would end the parasocial relationship.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm in the same boat. I'd like to think that abortion rights, Ukraine, Swifties, the border/border deal he botched, and educated people seeing through the typical criminal and amoral bullshit surrounding Trump will be enough to tip the five or six states that will decide it, but :shrug:.

Keep reassuring me of that please, I'm in the boat of dread and anxiety :ohdear:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Keep reassuring me of that please, I'm in the boat of dread and anxiety :ohdear:

Well, here's a potential harbinger of one of the aforementioned key states:

https://twitter.com/ammarmufasa/status/1767720309241577693?t=M1CsZa_dMxWdyGWJi7bzYg&s=19

E- he lost a county outside Atlanta:
https://twitter.com/theerougarou/status/1767719705727377642?t=YtxMnJJexB0tqmn-ZTLWew&s=19

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 13, 2024

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

E- quote is not edit

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

I think that one would break his cult of personality. He wouldn't be the rear end in a top hat bully they all get to be vicariously through him anymore and that would end the parasocial relationship.

There are enough chuds in his orbit to weekend at Bernie's him indefinitely.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I honestly think we’re in a situation where if literally anyone else was the Republican nominee that Biden would be toast. But here we are. November is still a loooooooong way away though.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Well surprising nobody the DOJ is riddled with motherfuckers who will misrepresent their own investigations to smear the individual they're tasked with investigating. It's not surprising but it's also seems like a very bad situation for our nation as a whole. The idea that it's an aberration is uh...

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

CBJSprague24 posted:

of these i cant imagine any being a wedge issue for trump voters other than the border deal

which i assume they'd brainworm into him torpedoing it so he can ram through better border controls once back in office

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah, a stroke wouldn't be enough. He could be permanently paralyzed on one side of his body and unable to speak and 80 million chuds would still vote for him.

hey it worked for feinstein('s staff)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Harvard University’s Nieman Lab published a helpful article about the Kensington Palace/Catherine situation.

It’s ostensibly about the timeline, but the background on the media ecosystem by longtime Buzzfeed (RIP) royal reporter Ellie Hall is at least as interesting.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

fknlo posted:

I honestly think we’re in a situation where if literally anyone else was the Republican nominee that Biden would be toast. But here we are. November is still a loooooooong way away though.

I mostly agree though I think if that nominee were pudding fingers or someone else doing a really bad Trump impression, Biden would have about the same odds than he does right now. Though I feel like Haley ironically enough would have better odds.

And while I'm also fearful of Trump winning again, I remind myself a lot has changed in the four years since he last ran. A lot of the "independents" that he needs to carry him over the finish line are seemingly not interested or showing up anymore, his party cannot shut the gently caress up about banning abortion or transkids, and they are financially running on fumes at this point. Not to mention just about every election since '20 has been a resounding disappointment for the GOP with maybe the exception of VA's Governor race, but even that has seemingly gone to poo poo for them.

I can't remember where I read it but some analyst put it best, Biden probably doesn't have coattails this year, BUT, there are a lot of down ticket races that may end up being coat tails for him.

Anyways, still gonna volunteer and donate like Biden is five points down even if the polls are showing him up by 30. I'm never getting complacent again after 2016.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm never getting complacent again after 2016.

Not an emptyquote.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Seriously.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Handsome Ralph posted:

Hell yes to this.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Yeah, same.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I will not vote for any octogenarian for POTUS.

Nor will I vote for the RFK/Aaron Rodgers ticket.

Guess it’s an all down ballot year for me. Guess I’ll have to get stupidly involved in researching the dozens of ballot initiatives that will have no information really on them at time of vote.

I loving hate politics.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I will not vote for any octogenarian for POTUS.

Nor will I vote for the RFK/Aaron Rodgers ticket.

Guess it’s an all down ballot year for me. Guess I’ll have to get stupidly involved in researching the dozens of ballot initiatives that will have no information really on them at time of vote.

I loving hate politics.
I have no love for Biden either, but maybe consider voting for the octogenarian whose followers haven't already promised to disassemble what little actual democracy we have?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

stealie72 posted:

I have no love for Biden either, but maybe consider voting for the octogenarian whose followers haven't already promised to disassemble what little actual democracy we have?

And are not openly threatening to arrest and if not outright kill my friends and family? Thanks.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

stealie72 posted:

Right?

I get the hate for Biden. But isn't "protest voting" the reason so many sat out 2016 and we ended up with Trump? I would rather vote to ensure some form of stability (and hopefully progress) over whatever the hell will happen if Trump gets another go.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Guys can we not turn this into a "shame people into voting for biden" thread? We had a separate thread in 2020 for it. It's exhausting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGmXGkIr7w0

I don't think Tennessee is going to go for Joe and shim's vote isn't going to make that difference.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If you're not poo poo-scared enough of a Trump victory might I suggest a thorough reading of the Project 2025 stuff that was put out a while back? There's poo poo in that plan that ranks right up there with Hitler's take over of politics. They are not at all hiding what they want to do and that is the stuff they're willing to spell out in black and white on a policy paper. Black Lives Matters protesters getting black-bagged or suiciding themselves in the back of the head then setting their cars on fire is positively, 1,000% on the menu of stuff they're not yet willing to say out loud.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
They've made it clear that round 1 was just a taste and they are going all in on destroying anything not straight, white, male, rich.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
If your vote doesn't matter then it won't hurt to show up and pull the lever for Biden. At least do the song and dance.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't think Tennessee is going to go for Joe and shim's vote isn't going to make that difference.

Georgia went Purple last election. And a lot of states are trending that way, telling people it makes no difference thins those margins. Stop saying that.

Its like a progressive version of 'Rigged Election' poo poo that Chuds pull, it just drives down voting numbers and makes 'my vote doesn't count' true by default.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Grip it and rip it posted:

If he's re-elected he's going to be heavily incentivized to do a ton of illegal and / or despotic poo poo. It could very easily kill our democracy.

it died in 2000