Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The Night Porter is a movie about a concentration camp inmate falling in love with one of her nazi guards and it's honestly pretty good, classic depraved euro art cinema, Criterion Collection approved baby

movie would definitely be regarded as trash today though just based on the concept. i saw it when i was 19 or so and thought it wasn't very good but looking back i do remember some good things. Iirc the nazi and survivor are just absolutely traumatized, and traumatized hosed up people might get into some problematic relationships that are hard to understand from an outside perspective. Could have maybe learned a bit more from it but i was probably watching it just because the movie sounded edgy and hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Where Hands Touch is a silly movie about the child of a concentration camp admin and a black German fall in love. They kiss during a Hitler speech and have babies. Only movie I ever saw that acknowledged force sterilization government procedures

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Neo Ned is a movie where skinhead Jeremy Renner ends up in a mental institution and meets the love of his life, Black Hitler played by Gabrielle Union

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
one of the things that is fun about stories is that you can create a world where unlikely events happen and then explore what consequences might also happen as a result

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I watched the entirety of the Electric Sun Desert Music Festival Trial on youtube in like 30 minute chunks before bed without knowing anything and it was hilarious

I love the whole bizarre enterprise and even pay for their Content bc I love them, but I gotta admit at this point that the Trial will probably be the peak. Nothing will ever beat it I think.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

one of the things that is fun about stories is that you can create a world where unlikely events happen and then explore what consequences might also happen as a result

i mean sure but it also has to be a metaphor for patriarchy or else its just a dumb movie for stupid people

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
did the wind just blow? anyone else feel that?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I could've sworn I saw a new post but... hmm, spooky

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

2 posts for a "I have them on ignore" gimmick. Just sad

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Gumball when are you gonna post your first funny post? do you have a date set or is it just whenever you finish the draft?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

In Training posted:

I love the whole bizarre enterprise and even pay for their Content bc I love them, but I gotta admit at this point that the Trial will probably be the peak. Nothing will ever beat it I think.

has tim ever said how long they'll keep doing this?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gumball when are you gonna post your first funny post? do you have a date set or is it just whenever you finish the draft?

you must have a lot riding on it to be this curious

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Gumball Gumption posted:

2 posts for a "I have them on ignore" gimmick. Just sad

Make it three

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Shogun rules and I'm impressed by the protagonist's perseverance in acting like he's wearing a too-tight human suit

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1767623230922145957?t=4FGx6DeHnpwFwTukAp3wOA&s=19

Apparently they wiped all their socials so it's possible it's unrelated to the quality of the show

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

just read the books

actually dont theres nothing particularly good beyonf the first one

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
On Cinema you can just jump in at whenever you think looks good, I only got on board with The Trial. Been meaning to check it out from the beginning but eh, someday

babypolis posted:

actually dont theres nothing particularly good beyonf the first one

First 3 are good, last 3 have fun parts but generally drag and are only recommended for completionists

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i feel bad for people that cant enjoy God Emperor

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1767623230922145957?t=4FGx6DeHnpwFwTukAp3wOA&s=19

Apparently they wiped all their socials so it's possible it's unrelated to the quality of the show

never meet your heroes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It seems like Warner Bros is slowly shutting Adult Swim down all together. Had a good run. Produced a lot of weird crap.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It seems like Warner Bros is slowly shutting Adult Swim down all together. Had a good run. Produced a lot of weird crap.

can't give creative people $10k

gotta make more reality TV

the bottom line demands it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

not a single nice thing will survive warner bros

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

uzumaki is totally coming out you guys

Broadlybrowsing
Jul 5, 2021

Bro Dad posted:

Shogun rules and I'm impressed by the protagonist's perseverance in acting like he's wearing a too-tight human suit

I’m outraged that the protagonist is doing beer-gut face. A man with a visible six pack is constantly pushing out his gut while wearing a kimono, apparently to emphasize his relative larger size?

But yeah, the show rocks. I’m bummed it’s only a season long.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Broadlybrowsing posted:

I’m outraged that the protagonist is doing beer-gut face. A man with a visible six pack is constantly pushing out his gut while wearing a kimono, apparently to emphasize his relative larger size?

that's what I do too

has anyone here read the shogun novel? any good?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Bro Dad posted:

uzumaki is totally coming out you guys

Ooooooh fuuuuuck I forgot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It's just a total lack of creativity from their inhouse management too. You've got no ideas on how to make money off of Venture Bros fans? guys who signed up to buy a dozen T-shirts without seeing any of the designs first??

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Augus posted:

not a single nice thing will survive warner bros

By the time they're done Bugs Bunny will never have existed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Memory holing Daffy Duck, editing him out of looney tunes like Yezhov from that Stalin picture

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

loquacius posted:

By the time they're done Bugs Bunny will never have existed

Just like what happened to Thaddeus the drunk squid

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

https://x.com/NYMag/status/1767675773169570039?s=20

:magemage:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yeah I don't think it is show quality. Something happened. poo poo doesn't go nuclear this fast unless something bad happened.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

producers caught him in bed with gambit

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The wiping of the socials...

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

The wiping of the socials...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
They found out he was going to give us rogue's butt back

https://x.com/EndymionYT/status/1758282273118724579?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Professor Beetus posted:

They found out he was going to give us rogue's butt back

https://x.com/EndymionYT/status/1758282273118724579?s=20

Ma cherie...

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Release the butt cut

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

what exactly does it mean to fire someone from a project when its already basically done

im just trying to figure out why this would even matter unless his contract says something about him having right of first refusal on subsequent seasons as long as he doesnt get fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sounds like he was still under contract to do press and yeah, would have had the right of first refusal or was already involved with planning a third season.

It's probably either going to be crimes or something really boring that freaks out straight white people.