Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Harbringer of Dawn is considered her best f2p option. Lots of free stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Zenostein posted:

lmao, it's 65 on ps4.

i assume it's mostly voice data; so look forward to hours of endless nonsense, i guess

Yeah, I think the PS5 uses a different method for file compression with the SSD which allows them to make things smaller but they really need to let console players delete data like language packs because come Natlan this goddamn game is going to be like 150GB if not more.

Calde
Jun 20, 2009

Space Opera posted:

So do I have this right....Arle can't be healed except by her own skill (in battle), she doesn't consume her own hp, and is a CA based on field pyro dps? Sounds like pairing her with ZL/Layla is a must unless you're good at dodging. All of the BoL stuff is kind of confusing since she can't be healed anyways, and I don't know if we have seen stackable BoL before.

Jstern put out a short video on her leaked kit that covers the possibility of using Arlecchino with a shielder. He discounts the idea because it forsakes too much of her damage output. Built correctly she'll have a bunch of innate resists to all elements and will heal roughly 30-40% of her max HP on the end of every rotation, so there's wiggle room for taking some hits and dodging the rest.

There's some thoughts I've read elsewhere that she desperately wants Bennett C6 to let her use a pyro charge attack as the opener to her rotation, lol.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I had enough for a ten pull, which turned out to be all I need to get both Kaveh and Chiori. That's lucky.

Now, do I try and save for Arlechwhatsit or go for Itto? Decisions, decisions.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Pulled on weapon banner, got PJWS. Given where I'm at and as a Xiao main for the moment this is literally the best possible outcome. (Until I pull a second one some day)

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Genshin shower thoughts: Has anyone ever tried to look at the stars in the night sky and locate the characters' constellations?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Rabbit Hill posted:

Genshin shower thoughts: Has anyone ever tried to look at the stars in the night sky and locate the characters' constellations?
Yeah and there's a ton of theories and lore about the stars themselves that we see

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Calde posted:

Jstern put out a short video on her leaked kit that covers the possibility of using Arlecchino with a shielder. He discounts the idea because it forsakes too much of her damage output. Built correctly she'll have a bunch of innate resists to all elements and will heal roughly 30-40% of her max HP on the end of every rotation, so there's wiggle room for taking some hits and dodging the rest.

There's some thoughts I've read elsewhere that she desperately wants Bennett C6 to let her use a pyro charge attack as the opener to her rotation, lol.

I don't know where he got that opinion. She doesn't cut her hp to do the bond stuff, merely reserves it. I don't think there's anything that forbids her being run with a shielder.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Rabbit Hill posted:

Not sure, but the teleporters on the world map are arranged in the shapes of character constellations.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Nakar posted:

Not sure, but the teleporters on the world map are arranged in the shapes of character constellations.

This was definitely quickly debunked.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I don't like Chiori and hate that she's C1 bait for Navia, but I decided to be part of the problem and picked up her C1 anyways because I really like Navia and I'm sitting on so many primos since Cloud Retainer and now Arlecchino's kits don't seem particularly appealing. Honestly, one of the main things that convinced me to go for it is that her passive + skill are reasonably nice for world exploration which my Navia team otherwise has nothing of note for.

First time I've experienced what it is to be lucky in this game. I'm so accustomed to seeing every single limited character as a ~160-wish direct purchase rather than having any kind of random chance element, because that's what it ends up being every time. But for Chiori? 45 pull Diluc, 20 Chiori, another 30 for C1 Chiori. Here's hoping Clorinde is a character I can get excited to spend all of these leftover wishes on.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 13, 2024

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

This was definitely quickly debunked.
Presumably because with a big enough set of points to choose from, you can cherry-pick a group that'll make whatever shape you want. Like the nutters who try to map out leylines using the locations of trig points or Masonic lodges or whatever.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Honestly the c1 Navia bait with Chiori, not liking CR’s kit and now Arleccino has me looking at the storage genshin is taking up and wanting to reclaim it. I’ve been unhappy enough with the game to uninstall in the past but this is probably the worst it’s been for me since I can’t even trust that they will release characters I want anymore without locking functionality behind dupes. That and directly power creeping, which I guess was inevitable but used to be one of the standard defenses of Genshin when saying how it’s not as greedy as other games and partially makes up for the lack of currency income/the terrible primo to dollar ratio.

The most frustrating part is that they would still make their billions even if they didn’t bait players like they have started going heavier on. But that seems to be a trend with this game where they really don’t give a gently caress about the player experience, other than crumbs they throw out occasionally to act like they do or misdirection like “we don’t want to stress players out” referring to the lack of endgame, when they are creating even more stress by trying to coerce people into opening their wallets wider.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is the lynette hangout good

I don't really want to hangout with lynette but maybe if it makes her more interesting

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I don't know why it has been so difficult to accept that they designed a character to fit an underserved 1.0 mechanic rather than a brand new character that was already good. Or why this has created the idea that C1-2 bait is new or worse or whatever.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Rabbit Hill posted:

Stars?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

rio posted:

Honestly the c1 Navia bait with Chiori, not liking CR’s kit and now Arleccino has me looking at the storage genshin is taking up and wanting to reclaim it. I’ve been unhappy enough with the game to uninstall in the past but this is probably the worst it’s been for me since I can’t even trust that they will release characters I want anymore without locking functionality behind dupes. That and directly power creeping, which I guess was inevitable but used to be one of the standard defenses of Genshin when saying how it’s not as greedy as other games and partially makes up for the lack of currency income/the terrible primo to dollar ratio.

The most frustrating part is that they would still make their billions even if they didn’t bait players like they have started going heavier on. But that seems to be a trend with this game where they really don’t give a gently caress about the player experience, other than crumbs they throw out occasionally to act like they do or misdirection like “we don’t want to stress players out” referring to the lack of endgame, when they are creating even more stress by trying to coerce people into opening their wallets wider.

If you don't like the new characters, free yourself from the pressure of grinding for primogems and just do the content that's fun for you. If what's fun for you is mostly pulling for new characters, then yeah, you're probably due for a break. But the lack of an endgame is probably the top reason people shouldn't worry as much as they do about power creep; it's not like they're actually making old characters obsolete, at least so far. Stronger characters are just a win more button, not a necessity.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Do we know who is running with Arlecchino? Will it get a tweet drip marketing tonight or is that just for new characters?

I did Zhong Li's first character quest last night and that was really good, even if the Snezhnayan archaeologist was too exaggerated. Zhong is a great character and probably #1 on my list but I know he ran just after I took a break again last summer and I hadn't met him in the archon quest yet.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

bagrada posted:

Do we know who is running with Arlecchino? Will it get a tweet drip marketing tonight or is that just for new characters?
Not for a little while. Banners might show up in beta leaks, we won't know what's going to be running in the next patch for sure until the week before it comes out (six weeks from now)

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

My opinion on literally everything you said is the complete opposite of everything you said

But I don't want to write out any rebuke. Because I firmly believe that "not playing genshin" is the objectively correct way to live as a human being.

Hmm.

Calde posted:

Jstern put out a short video on her leaked kit

I understand content creators need to spew out content in order to stay alive but we straight up don't even know what her playstyle looks like lmao

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

If you're just burnt out on Genshin, taking a year off and coming back with two entire new countries to explore is really fun and engaging because it's not longer about the daily grind, but just exploring at your own pace.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The rumor seems to be some combination of Arlecchino, the Haitham, Furina, and Lyney for 4.6.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I'm really looking forward to a Lyney rerun, because I want his bow...
...for Amber :haw:

Got a guarantee saved up for it too, so time to get scammed on the weapon banner by losing the 50/50 to the other weapon.
One of those 3 other weapons is probably nice as a consolation prize anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

My opinion on literally everything you said is the complete opposite of everything you said

But I don't want to write out any rebuke. Because I firmly believe that "not playing genshin" is the objectively correct way to live as a human being

self-hating goon about hobby still in 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I havent exactly been going hard at this game over the past five months but using resin + doing time limited events + abyss is so little time investment and I still like the daily gamble. I admit I have finally stopped doing artifact routes (after 3 and a half years) now that everyone has a level 20 set or close to it.

As for Chiori I pulled her but I'm not crazy about her I dont like her E mechanics as much as Albedo, but she certainly is better (and the infusion feels nice even if it is totally pointless DPS wise).

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Tae posted:

self-hating goon about hobby still in 2024

Its totally reasonable to enjoy something and admit that it's a bad thing that people should be celebrated for quitting. Like smoking. Or Magic the Gathering. Gachas, are the same thing.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

3 weeks from now I'm gonna get the shakes and skitter out of work for a few minutes to... pull for Neuvillette. If I win 50/50 its pretty much guaranteed to be the best part of my day.

That's not super healthy!!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Calde posted:

My hottest tip after "pull for ZL/Kazuha" is "don't watch genshin theory youtubers"

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Lunchtime pulls got me the last Barbara I needed and...C2 Qiqi. Oh well, add Chiori to the list of "I'll get them next time," gotta save this gurantee for Arle :dance:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Note Block posted:

My hottest tip after "pull for ZL/Kazuha" is "don't watch genshin theory youtubers"

:haibrow:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So many units out calc Zhongli in sims. And yet however, he's in pretty much every one of my abyss runs. He just feels so good to use that it outweighs the sheet dps loss. Don't get lost in the sauce of purely theoretical dps instead of how good a unit feels to use.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
When can we expect Zhongli to return on a banner? ("September" is the answer in my head, but I don't know if I read that somewhere or am just making that up.)

On my second account, I finally finished his second SQ -- I had completely forgotten about Azhdaha being blind under the earth until Morax gave him eyes.

...Honestly, I think the lore in this game is probably my #1 reason for enjoying it. Not just the metric ton of connections to IRL world mythology and gnosticism*, but all the little details that give it color.

*I was a psychology major in college, but my favorite class I ever took was an elective on Gnosticism. Really fascinating stuff.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Rabbit Hill posted:

When can we expect Zhongli to return on a banner? ("September" is the answer in my head, but I don't know if I read that somewhere or am just making that up.)

Seems about right. The last 2 versions have both started with an "archon marathon": 1 archon per version until they ran out. Both of those times they started with Zhongli for some reason, so if this becomes the norm Zhong should be back either in late August or early September, assuming version 4 goes all the way to 4.8 (which seems likely).

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

If running Zhong results in a DPS loss, simply build him as a DPS. Problem solved!

Also, the only Genshin "content" worth watching is the occasional/yearly concert, sometimes character demos, and very rarely one of the "character.exe" videos. Everything else is bottom-of-the-barrel clickbait garbage not fit for consumption.

Edit: oh good, enka finally updated. Still don't have her signature so the crit stats are a bit low.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 13, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't mind comp spreadsheets and calculations, they don't tell the whole story but they give ideas. jstern25 specifically isnt always accurate (no one is) but he doesnt seem to have a specific bias and his pre release sheets tend to be the best. Post release gcsim is just better for that, but it takes a while for characters to get added (xianyun still not in for example).

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Xianyun is in but I don't think the database has updated with any teams. There's some big numbers there but it's a bit more fraudulent than usual. On account of all the mechanical execution being somewhat more annoying than usual + ingame auras being somewhat more unstable than in a sim. But I did test a lot of those teams myself and they're pretty solid.

Here's some:

https://gcsim.app/sh/QbRhJMKGjrw9
The Xiao Team

https://gcsim.app/sh/JrGHN9tFR6Ft
The Xiao Team, Jr.

https://gcsim.app/sh/NTJjnKLNz6Jk
Big Slap Navia

https://gcsim.app/sh/fz8HFJGFctFm
Plunge Tao

https://gcsim.app/sh/CF6H7WhNHLnm
Big Slap Diluc

https://gcsim.app/sh/KC66DHWj8ThF
Wierd Ayaka

https://gcsim.app/sh/jrwnnhR7nkKm
Main DPS Bennett

https://gcsim.app/sh/8cBN6TwcwNdt
Buttstomp Miko

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 13, 2024

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Eimi posted:

So many units out calc Zhongli in sims. And yet however, he's in pretty much every one of my abyss runs. He just feels so good to use that it outweighs the sheet dps loss. Don't get lost in the sauce of purely theoretical dps instead of how good a unit feels to use.
The paradox of Zhongli is that his team DPS loss only matters if running him would stop you from making the time check in Abyss, but if you're weak enough that you're struggling to make the time checks with your best teams (as opposed to loving around with meme builds), you're very likely also weak enough that you really, really appreciate the invincibility he grants. Indeed, if you'd just get smacked in the face and owned constantly without Zhongli, then he's actually your best option for trying to 3* a chamber, because at least you'll know you can probably finish it without anyone dying.

And if you're strong enough that 3 of your characters can meet the DPS check in time, who gives a poo poo if the fourth character is a DPS loss? You may as well put people in for comfort and consistency, and nobody is more comfortable or consistent than Long Dong Zhong and his gigantic shield.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I’m interested to hear how people find Chiori. I wasn’t initially sure I’d use Cloud Retainer then went for it and she’s basically been a staple of my team for an entire month. Maybe I’ll be surprised again.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

She's one of the most beautiful characters in the game

not remotely an upgrade on anything

also how are your feelings on spectre farming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

thankfully my temptation to reinstall has faded from further upcoming news

good luck in the future yall. may you always get the characters you seek