Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

even though Invasion did big business, it should have been far better and treat the WCW talent way better than they did. Forever pissed that DDP wanted to get back into wrestling so badly, he took a cut, and they made him the ultimate sacrificial lamb, just completely and utterly destroyed him. They got one of the biggest stars of that promotion for pennies and just killed everything he worked for. And then they did the same for Booker T with that loving HHH feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Shard posted:

What is the worst business decision in wrestling? Maybe ECW signing with TNN but only because in hindsight it was just used as a test before they dropped them for WWE.

spending millions of dollars on a KISS concert where part of the deal was to have repackage a wrestler as the Kiss Demon

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i think the worst actual business decision in wrestling was spending millions of dollars on wrestlers and giving them money to not wrestle or do anything just wasting money to try and spite the competition

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

even though Invasion did big business, it should have been far better and treat the WCW talent way better than they did. Forever pissed that DDP wanted to get back into wrestling so badly, he took a cut, and they made him the ultimate sacrificial lamb, just completely and utterly destroyed him. They got one of the biggest stars of that promotion for pennies and just killed everything he worked for. And then they did the same for Booker T with that loving HHH feud.

The decisions WWF made after they bought WCW was what started my hatred for the company. It took me years to stop watching completely because it was hard to break the habit but that was def the first domino falling.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Some anti AEW freak paid a bot service to do this tweet over and over from hundreds of accounts so it looks like AEW is hiring bots

https://x.com/brainischickenn/status/1767733583702044816?s=46&t=bbVAetI2_DV7aCjhIGsFZA

Obvious troll from Cornette types. Spending your own money to try to own AEW is so funny.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i think the worst actual business decision in wrestling was spending millions of dollars on wrestlers and giving them money to not wrestle or do anything just wasting money to try and spite the competition

Nah because the company still made a bunch of money while they were doing it.

A lovely decision can still be good business (see: basically everything WWE has done for the past 20 years)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Eat My Fuc posted:

Some anti AEW freak paid a bot service to do this tweet over and over from hundreds of accounts so it looks like AEW is hiring bots

https://x.com/brainischickenn/status/1767733583702044816?s=46&t=bbVAetI2_DV7aCjhIGsFZA

Obvious troll from Cornette types. Spending your own money to try to own AEW is so funny.

its real

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://x.com/tribalmegastar/status/1767649394311020707

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:dafuq:

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Worst business decision was making sanada the champion

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Dawgstar posted:

Was it even his wrestling buddies he wanted to hang out with? I thought it was just friends who also rode bikes and lived out their Dennis Hopper fantasies.

Pretty sure he was biker buddies with Hogan at the very least

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i dont think they're bringing brock back for this years wrestlemania

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

maybe next years lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

Impossible. Technoking Elon Musk made is so it is impossible for people to simply buy bot accounts on X, The Everything App (Formerly Twitter)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shard posted:

What is the worst business decision in wrestling? Maybe ECW signing with TNN but only because in hindsight it was just used as a test before they dropped them for WWE.

Trying to think of a big blunder so far unmentioned and perhaps Vince kicking hogan and savage to the curb because they were too old

maybe the whole black saturday thing of vince buying the timeslots of Georgia championship wrestling?

WCW letting Jericho, giant, the radicalz all go and not even making a half decent pass at Kurt angle?

WCW letting flair go to wwf in'91?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Idiot was talking about Willow vs RIHO

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1768092591747166351?t=TJR0aBSK6rqrhJpglR_r0w&s=19

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Shoulda just tweeted that he hates women, keep it simple.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the match that is playing off last week's riho win against Stat and Willow's past history with Mercedes?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shard posted:

the match that is playing off last week's riho win against Stat and Willow's past history with Mercedes?

Was there a giant video package before? How else can he keep track!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Dawgstar posted:

Was there a giant video package before? How else can he keep track!

Hilariously yes, at least for Willow and Riho, with Mercedes herself mentioning their history in her opening promo.

Y'all gotta not post the same bland engagement bait people though. It's too easy!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Shoulda just tweeted that he hates women, keep it simple.

To be fair this dude gets dragged on twitter at least 2 or 3 times a year because he's incapable of criticizing women without immediately going to "THEY MUST BE loving THE BOSS TO GET ALL THIS TV TIME" well

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

kevin nash was spotted at sting's retirement match he has betrayed the fed and the fans

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A different platform, but there's some good thread-worthy material if you scroll down to 2023-2024.

e. forgot the link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Sasha_Banks

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

rotinaj posted:

Trying to think of a big blunder so far unmentioned and perhaps Vince kicking hogan and savage to the curb because they were too old

Savage proposed a long feud with Shawn to Vince that would have ended in Shawn decisively going over Savage in the end. Vince said Savage was too old and put him on commentary.

To this day, I still wonder how that would have turned out in the end. It genuinely fascinates me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

CommonShore posted:

A different platform, but there's some good thread-worthy material if you scroll down to 2023-2024.

e. forgot the link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Sasha_Banks

Refusing to change her name to what she's actively using is pretty loving lol-worthy.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Vandar posted:

Savage proposed a long feud with Shawn to Vince that would have ended in Shawn decisively going over Savage in the end. Vince said Savage was too old and put him on commentary.

To this day, I still wonder how that would have turned out in the end. It genuinely fascinates me.

Also need to point out that Savage was what, 39 or 40 at the time Vince decided he was a dinosaur too old to wrestle.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wrestling editors on wikipedia are the most special breed of human on earth

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Vandar posted:

Refusing to change her name to what she's actively using is pretty loving lol-worthy.

Idunno I think that user:"HHH Pedigree" is an impartial contributor who makes good points.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hulk needed to go but savage still had some gas in him for one more great match

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Alaois posted:

wrestling editors on wikipedia are the most special breed of human on earth

Didn't the All In Wembley page get locked at some point cause the Wikipedia editors were baffled by the influx of wrestling nerds rushing in to change the attendance numbers to whatever they decided the REAL number was that hour?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/Phenomenal_2/status/1768014369890177108?t=u62MLumY2NERddwEigVN2Q&s=19

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Yeah he's gonna make AEW millions
https://twitter.com/stevenfilms1998/status/1768088189913194799

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Drakkel posted:

Didn't the All In Wembley page get locked at some point cause the Wikipedia editors were baffled by the influx of wrestling nerds rushing in to change the attendance numbers to whatever they decided the REAL number was that hour?

I spent half the following day keeping an eye on those articles; it was a pain in the arse because train wifi through rural Lincolnshire is not the best.

Vandar posted:

I could go on for loving ages about how much of a cancer the "common name" policy on Wikipedia is; the cliffnotes version is that Wikipedia editors have taken a generally sound principle that "we should give articles titles that people recognise" to "if 10 people call something X and 11 people call something Y, we must use Y even if X is actually the more appropriate article title".

Obviously, this causes headaches when it comes to trans people.

When it comes to wrestlers, Wikipedia is actually not too bad, although there is normally a lag to let wrestling press coverage switch over to the new name. That said, it's really only a) a jump to AEW or b) staying a long time in a different promotion after slumming it in the WWE undercard that gets the basement-dweller types to actually properly consider it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's been almost two years since she was last known as Sasha Banks. It's time for them to let it go.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Drakkel posted:

That has nothing on the attendance record page that got so out of whack that they were claiming attendances for things WWE shows were near rather than what the attendance was which left a loophole to allow AEW shows to claim the entire attendance of CEO or E3 or something.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Vandar posted:

It's been almost two years since she was last known as Sasha Banks. It's time for them to let it go.

Ah but you see according to HHH Pedigree if they change it now they'd have to change it back when she goes back to WWE

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

whats the point in being an anti-aew + anti-cena guy?? also sure yea im sure aew would hate having a huge crossover mega star, real wrestling promotions just aren't that fame hungry yknow

unless there's like, a giant egg or smth

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kevin nash was spotted at sting's retirement match he has betrayed the fed and the fans

Apparently Nash has like 6 different reasons, none of them particularly related, why he wasn't working Sting's last match.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jim Ross' secret twitter account found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Apparently Nash has like 6 different reasons, none of them particularly related, why he wasn't working Sting's last match.

Evergreen first two thirds of any sentence