Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ive been to salisbury beach loads of times. they have a big public beach there that we used to go to every summer when i was a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
a "dune" on the beach isn't just a pile of sand, it's the plants (and their root systems) that entrain the sand and stop it being swept away. it's something that takes years of careful effort to develop, not something you can throw up overnight.

but if you tell desperate homeowners that then they're not going to believe you, and instead pay shady jake half a million dollars to truck some sand in

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

why didn’t they simply build a retaining wall lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i would simply mix the sand with concrete

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lmao, loose sand just stays put right????

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

we know

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Improbable Lobster posted:

lmao, loose sand just stays put right????

my sand castle!! how could this happen??

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol

quote:

Dave Calhoun, the CEO of Boeing, a man groomed in the “screw the last dime out of a company” culture under Jack Welch at General Electric before taking over at Boeing, delivered a gem of management-speak in trying to explain why the company’s 737 MAX jets are so plagued with problems: there had been a “quality escape” on the production line.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

quality just got away from us. this is a quality leak situation

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the moment they catch that rascal he is going to get an earful

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

no its a separate bill that would prevent dji drones from using any of the united states wireless spectrum. as in, if you already have a drone you cant even use it anymore lol

maybe congress isnt so bad after all

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

they are 100% going to blame banning tiktok on the democrats even though it was initially a trump administration thing

they're right to do so because they're mostly on board, but lol @ falling into such an obvious trap

pulling that poo poo in an election year when you are already struggling to engage 18-34 y/o's rocks. i hope the demonrats never win another election for the rest of my life.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

why didn’t they simply build a retaining wall lol

theyre too woke to build the wall

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

post hole digger posted:

pulling that poo poo in an election year when you are already struggling to engage 18-34 y/o's rocks. i hope the demonrats never win another election for the rest of my life.

they're so loving stupid and deserve to lose at this point

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

PokeJoe posted:

quality just got away from us. this is a quality leak situation

we let out the magic blue quality

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

what if they want to lose?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

dioxazine posted:

what if they want to lose?

then they could do better, they still suck

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Beeftweeter posted:

i dont think theyre that stupid, they know who they work for and its not you

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
congrats to AIPAC i guess

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it’s not

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

understandable given what you see in the mirror every day

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

understandable given what you see in the mirror every day

ive been working out. it’s not as bad as it used to be

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i think they should ban tiktok. and then every country outside america should ban all american apps and social media companies too. just wall it all off

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

finally we can huff our own farts in peace

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

agreed

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

fart simpson posted:

i think they should ban tiktok. and then every country outside america should ban all american apps and social media companies too. just wall it all off

thinkin about the belt and road initiative but it's social media in tanzania

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

finally we can huff our own farts in peace

lol we'd immediately poo poo our britches and scream bloody murder about how DARE they disrespect US like THAT

thank god the us military has been so thoroughly corrupted by the neoliberal capitalist machine that we're rapidly ceasing to be a world threat beyond our hopefully rusting and nonfunctional nuclear arsenal

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't really care what happens to Tiktok

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
america makes really low quality poo poo garbage - art, food, tech - so prepare to not have anything remotely good then, i guess

e: and lmao if folks are "oh i live in [canada/australia/uk] so this will never affect me". rofl

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Fabricated posted:

I don't really care what happens to Tiktok

same to a degree but also the bill is very transparently being rushed through because tiktok is letting young people see israel's active genocide of palestinians in gaza and various political donor groups are really mad that the propaganda stream is being bypassed.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kitfox88 posted:

same to a degree but also the bill is very transparently being rushed through because tiktok is letting young people see israel's active genocide of palestinians in gaza and various political donor groups are really mad that the propaganda stream is being bypassed.

its this yes

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

remember when the trump admin forced whatever chinese video game company owned grindr to sell in 2020?
tiktok will survive and no users will notice any difference

this whole thing is pretty funny though. totally pointless spectacle.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
more concerned about the dji ban attempts. i really like my stupid little mini drone and my camera gimbal

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

get ready to dumpster that garbage

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ready to buy a PatriotWings brand drone (runs off 2 cycle weed eater motor, has 9mm attachment, doesn't work)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

thats the price of free market competition

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
There it is

https://twitter.com/snarwani/status/1725138601996853424

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Kitfox88 posted:

hasn't there been a bunch of mostly pointless sturm und drang about Tiktok for like the last 3-4 years, because I recall the whining to ban it getting particularly loud before the I/P stuff popped off

The university I work at banned access to it from campus networks at the beginning of last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fabricated posted:

hasn't there been a bunch of mostly pointless sturm und drang about Tiktok for like the last 3-4 years, because I recall the whining to ban it getting particularly loud before the I/P stuff popped off

The university I work at banned access to it from campus networks at the beginning of last year.

yep. my company's stock dropped 30% off their all time high in like a 48 hour period because trump yelled about tiktok and we're one of their CDNs