Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ONE WEEK! ONE WEEK! ONE WEEK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
I’m hella excited for the Red Dragon arc in the show.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/WizardSerious/status/1765834676109787334

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

ONE WEEK! ONE WEEK! ONE WEEK!

I can't wait

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Red Dragon fight, Falin's resurrection, and then a few more episodes to Falingon, Doppelgangers, :powercatte: Itzumi :powercatte:, Marcille's nightmare, and the Canaries and Winged Lion getting introduced.

Episode 15 or so on is going to be just one continuous ride :getin:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wonder how the new anime viewers will take it when the story doesnt finish in the next few episodes. :allears:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

I wonder how the new anime viewers will take it when the story doesnt finish in the next few episodes. :allears:

I mean, they know it's two cours and it's on episode 10, I don't think it's gonna take them by surprise THAT much

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There has already been an influx of Marcille and Falin art since the start of the anime but now we are going to start getting more of my favorite type of Marcille and Falin art... the scary and tragic Marcille and Falin art...

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Asterite34 posted:

I mean, they know it's two cours and it's on episode 10, I don't think it's gonna take them by surprise THAT much

Maybe, but the sheer degree to which poo poo will get real in this show that is “just a chill monster cooking show” will absolutely catch some anime only commenters by surprise.

The first escalation out of MANY.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

The Red Dragon is the short drop at the start of the dark ride that makes you feel "whoa, that was a bit scary and intense but not *too* bad..."

And then Falingon shows up :unsmigghh:

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
I hope they move things around just a bit and show the next Kabru bit right after chapter 30.

“Oh it’s those Team Rocket guys who are getting wiped out every time, they are a running ga- HOLY gently caress DID HE JUST ICE THOSE DUDES AND DUMP THEIR BODIES INTO THE LAKE?!”

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
A bonus chapter was uploaded today, don't recall reading this before.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I was reading through the manga and got to some of the bonus chapters. Link

lol it's the crying elf from the early chapters. Why is she always tearful?? Even in this extra portrait ahahahaha!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
iirc, she was an advance agent for the canaries, teamed up a sweet dumb young tallman for delving, and then never accomplished much because the two of them were kind of poo poo at delving. then when the canaries arrived she tried to blend into the background so they wouldn't notice/remember her. as far as i know she succeeded.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

yeah, she's also actually a half-elf like marcille. the elves hired her to keep an eye out (on the island, not in the dungeon specifically) and she hid when they showed up because she didn't want that dude she was with to find out that she was originally sent there to be a spy

also, she shows up briefly in one of the wrap-up chapters:

sharkmafia fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 10, 2024

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sander posted:

Maybe, but the sheer degree to which poo poo will get real in this show that is “just a chill monster cooking show” will absolutely catch some anime only commenters by surprise.

The first escalation out of MANY.
Man, I still remember thinking the red dragon was gonna be the climax. It's a goofy (though quality) comedy manga, they'll save the sister and that'll be the end of it.

Then it turns out we're just a third of the way through.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Can Of Worms posted:

A bonus chapter was uploaded today, don't recall reading this before.

This chapter helped explain why everyone was so surprised at Laios' party's progress. Their team could travel so fast because they could forage enroute and had lighter packs.

Honestly Kabru's team is equally good because they made good time the old fashioned way too.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Laios Bonaparte.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Laios Bonaparte.

Audacity, audacity...

Appetite.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

I was reading through the manga and got to some of the bonus chapters. Link

lol it's the crying elf from the early chapters. Why is she always tearful?? Even in this extra portrait ahahahaha!

considering falin is squinty because of nearsightedness, i wouldn't put it past kui to have some design reason like "yeah she has chronic hay fever"

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
of course she's always crying, her hair keep getting in her eyes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Begemot posted:

Humans do not like animal companions dying, period. You cannot prevent us from pack-bonding, it's impossible.

Even when they were using literal canaries in literal coal mines, the miners would use a special device to prevent the bird from dying after it fainted from carbon monoxide.

lol

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I really appreciate that in any other setting they'd be called Men or Humans but no here they're just the tall weirdos.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Synthbuttrange posted:

I really appreciate that in any other setting they'd be called Men or Humans but no here they're just the tall weirdos.

Shame some subs call them humans anyway

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

"Salam Sheikh. Today I accidentally fell and a grilled kraken parasite fell in my mouth along with extra dryad sauerkraut, three liters of undine and an apple, should I keep fasting? Or was it the Mad Mage who has fed me?"

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Sander posted:

Shame some subs call them humans anyway

It might not be a mistake, “humans” in the dunmeshi universe is generally in reference to all of the intelligent races (tallmen, half-foots, elves dwarves and gnomes) and demi-human refers to stuff like fishmen. Not sure where orcs fall on the scale but there’s probably a point to be made about in-universe social structures there

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Orcs and kobolds are demi-humans. The differentiating factor isn't intelligence but that all human races have the same number of bones.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

it's also a bit of worldbuilding onto which races are considered as being human/having human rights, which laios rejects at the end of the series having kobolds and orc citizens in his kingdom

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

kobolds are cool

the side comic where it's shown that kuro basically sees mickbell as a kid that he feels responsible for is very revealing re: why he goes along with mickbells obvious exploitation of him and possessiveness toward him as an 'employee'

i kind of wish it was in the main manga because it does a better job of explaining that kuro is not in any way dumb, and that although mickbell is still doing something pretty bad, kuro is not being tricked into it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Laios' gauge for human is now 'how angry will Marceille AND Chilchuck get at me'.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
https://twitter.com/a72161904/status/1767618300215759179

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm doing a first read of the manga after becoming enthralled by the anime, so I'll just post my thoughts without looking at the thread directly in case of unmarked spoilers.

Anyways, I thought there were some great moments already, but chapter 49 almost had me bursting into tears at a company pitch meeting today. Senshi... :sympathy:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Mar 14, 2024

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm doing a first read of the manga after becoming enthralled by the anime, so I'll just post my thoughts without looking at the thread directly in case of unmarked spoilers.

Anyways, I thought there were some great moments already, but chapter 49 almost had me bursting into tears at a company pitch meeting today. Senshi... :sympathy:

Most people think the anime season will finish around here. Would be hell of a note to end it on.

Sander fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Mar 14, 2024

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Sander posted:

Most people think the anime season will finish around here. Would be hell of a note to end it on.

At the current pace I think they'll get as far as Chapter 55 which would leave a good cliff hanger for a third season.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Terrifying Effigies posted:

At the current pace I think they'll get as far as Chapter 55 which would leave a good cliff hanger for a third season.

They can also move On Floor One a bit, since it cuts to events elsewhere and show it right before Griffin Soup. Ending on an emotional note, bookended with the the gang walks off into the darkness (a perfect “adventure continues” visual), while setting up a massive steak raise of cliffhanger in the previous episode.

Anyway, very hyped for some dragon time later today. I have found out that they are seemingly including chapter 26 as well, so I hope the pqcing holds up and they don’t cut anything.

Sander fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Mar 14, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
On chapter 62 now:

The plot is getting super interesting now, but I think the author basically thought "what would be the funniest way the apocalypse could happen?" and then worked backwards from there to construct the story. :lmao:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Sander posted:

They can also move On Floor One a bit, since it cuts to events elsewhere and show it right before Griffin Soup. Ending on an emotional note, bookended with the the gang walks off into the darkness (a perfect “adventure continues” visual), while setting up a massive steak raise of cliffhanger in the previous episode.

:haw:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Looks like the convo with Namari and the twins might actually be cut, though it could still go in later during some downtime. Lot to squeeze into this one.

Missed Senshi spelunking for Laios's leg in the dragon's mouth but it's not exactly crucial. Maybe could have had Marcille say 'senshi found your leg' instead of taking credit and making it seem like it was just... lying around? But whatever, not huge.

E: to be clear, great ep. I just find the little differences interesting.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 14, 2024

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This adaptation rules.

People ain't prepare for next week. I ain't prepare for next week and I know what is coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Snooze Cruise posted:

This adaptation rules.

People ain't prepare for next week. I ain't prepare for next week and I know what is coming.

God I'm so excited, it's so... Visceral