Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lol, dangit. I thought this would be our mid-value signing. Though honestly, not sure how much he provides over even JuJu.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1768394326722162944

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Michael Lombardi said the Bills want to trade Diggs.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Diggs is untradeable this season. Anyone who suggests he's leaving hasn't bothered to look at overthecap...

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 14, 2024

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Samuel is the guy who everyone thinks would be a pretty decent signing but he never surpasses the Meh Line.

He’s fine as a guy. I’d take him over Lazard.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Lol, dangit. I thought this would be our mid-value signing. Though honestly, not sure how much he provides over even JuJu.

I can't get worked up over "missing out" on Samuel. He's a fine professional journeyman but does he give you anything significant over like, Pop Douglas

Edelman could unretire and possibly provide more value than Juju at this point lol.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Yay wr

They should still draft 4 or 5 more just to be sure

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Michael Lombardi said the Bills want to trade Diggs.

Pablo Bluth posted:

Diggs is untradeable this season. Anyone who suggests he's leaving hasn't bothered to look at overthecap...

I believe both these things.

I love Diggs but I think there's a very not insignificant chance that his best days are behind him. If the Bills were actually able to get a good return for him, I'd be okay with it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1768436847628218672

Not terrible... if he feels like playing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems like a leverage play to me. Next week?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Seems like a leverage play to me. Next week?

Leverage to sign with like the only team in the NFL more pathetic than the Jets? lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pablo Bluth posted:

According to OverTheCap if he is cut/traded post-June 1 the Bills save like 19m in cap space and suffer an almost 9m dead cap hit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So Keenan Allen was available and the worst GM in the NFL didn't get him.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I'd rather have Fuller in 2024 than Howard sadly.

Haven't watched the guy play but I read online that fuller is a slot corner, is that incorrect?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Mad my team didn't do this as well

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Douglas is going to give MVS 12 million but won't pay 18 plus a midround pick for one of the easy 20 best WRs in the NFL. Stupid piece of poo poo.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Wtf

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Joe Douglas is not the worst GM in the league because someone is running the Panthers

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Joe Douglas is not the worst GM in the league because someone is running the Panthers

They have a new GM.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

They have a new GM.

And yet

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Mad my team didn't do this as well

For real. Pats have infinite cap space and Keenan would be a wonderful security blanket for a rookie. Why not done :argh:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

bears are giving their rookie QB a better pair of WR than the jets have ever had in their history lol lmao.

i'm going to be happier when joe douglas is fired than any other firing since i've been a sports fan.

Nov 6, 2002

Pat are gonna give theirs the Mac Jones Treatment 2.0.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Every team in this drat division except maybe the Dolphins should have been in on that? Just a fourth?! :argh:

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
My own private cope is that the Chargers preferred to trade him out of conference. Because otherwise, yeah

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Bellmaker posted:

Every team in this drat division except maybe the Dolphins should have been in on that? Just a fourth?! :argh:

giving up a 4th to have keenan allen at slot receiver would definitely have been worth it for miami but they absolutely cannot afford it from a salary cap perspective

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

They didn’t want to trade him in the AFC maybe. That’s all I got. Joe Douglas suuuuucckkkkkksssss.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I don't think the jets can afford him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

They didn’t want to trade him in the AFC maybe. That’s all I got. Joe Douglas suuuuucckkkkkksssss.

Even Mike "better GM than Joe Douglas" Maccagnan found a way to get Brandon Marshall here. This fucker is going to sign 1 and MAYBE 2 done guys like OBJ or sub JAGs like MVS.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I hate everything. We probably have the worst #2 receiver in the league.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Pats don't have a #1 or a #2 receiver right now

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

bears are giving their rookie QB a better pair of WR than the jets have ever had in their history lol lmao.

i'm going to be happier when joe douglas is fired than any other firing since i've been a sports fan.

Keyshawn/Chrebet
Coles/Moss (at least I remember them being 1/2 together for a season or two)

Douglas is acting like he’s been offered anything past this season, which makes no sense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phobeste posted:

Aaron rodgers: it seems pretty tough to get thaaaat many people to those camps. Trust me they can’t even get ME to go

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

All I've gotten from Zach Blatt's latest is that the Jets weren't involved in any of the WRs so far and aren't really involved in Tyler Boyd.

They may be interested in Mike Williams and OBJ at the right price but other than that, it's a poo poo sandwich on the WR front.

gently caress THIS TEAM

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

All I've gotten from Zach Blatt's latest is that the Jets weren't involved in any of the WRs so far and aren't really involved in Tyler Boyd.

They may be interested in Mike Williams and OBJ at the right price but other than that, it's a poo poo sandwich on the WR front.

gently caress THIS TEAM

I don't really care that they aren't involved with old WR's or JAGs or guys with horrible injury histories. Not being involved for Keenan Allen is what is loving criminal. It's the same poo poo for years, no interest in adding elite talent to a roster that never wins jack poo poo.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 15, 2024

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Nodoze posted:

Pats don't have a #1 or a #2 receiver right now

bourne is probably a 2 if you squint hard enough

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

r/patriots is absolutely frothing right now with this taste of Packers Way™

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nosre posted:

r/patriots is absolutely frothing right now with this taste of Packers Way™

The Pats can't have Keenan Allen because they have to stop anti Semitism with cringe TV ads.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I don't really care that they aren't involved with old WR's or JAGs or guys with horrible injury histories. Not being involved for Keenan Allen is what is loving criminal. It's the same poo poo for years, no interest in adding elite talent to a roster that never wins jack poo poo.

Keenan Allen IS an old WR with horrible injury history.

I feel pretty confident he's going to fall off a cliff hard this year. But still, at that price - a 4th - for teams with tons of cap space it should have been a no-brainer risk to take.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Keenan Allen IS an old WR with horrible injury history.

I feel pretty confident he's going to fall off a cliff hard this year. But still, at that price - a 4th - for teams with tons of cap space it should have been a no-brainer risk to take.

This isn't true. He had 1 season since 2017 where he played 10 games and he's played over 13 games every other year. And he had 1200 yards in 13 games last year. He's an incredibly productive and consistent player. He was GREAT last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

This isn't true. He had 1 season since 2017 where he played 10 games and he's played over 13 games every other year. And he had 1200 yards in 13 games last year. He's an incredibly productive and consistent player. He was GREAT last year.

And I believe that 10 game season was due to a LACERATED KIDNEY not exactly a normal football injury :barf:

He probably would have come back last year if the team wasn’t 3-10 or whatever