Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Jerusalem posted:

Oh yeah, almost forgot amongst all the hype, but Yamato going around shrines in Wano as a cover story series is cool too!

and then when it finishes he joins the crew :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
yknow its a slight shame yamato isn't here to lend a hand against uh, the combined forces of an evil god or w/e

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I do feel a bit of apprehension at all 5 gorosei showing up now. The two outcomes one would assume are 1: Gear 5 Luffy is enough to stomp them, which kinda deflates years of build up for them or 2: Gear 5 Luffy gets his rear end kicked, which kinda defeats this being his peak and suggests some further power up or something, which feels a bit like a DBZ power up treadmill. I trust Oda enough that I still think he'll pull up a great finish to this arc, likely by pulling something I never thought of, but it is a knee jerk reaction.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I do feel a bit of apprehension at all 5 gorosei showing up now. The two outcomes one would assume are 1: Gear 5 Luffy is enough to stomp them, which kinda deflates years of build up for them or 2: Gear 5 Luffy gets his rear end kicked, which kinda defeats this being his peak and suggests some further power up or something, which feels a bit like a DBZ power up treadmill. I trust Oda enough that I still think he'll pull up a great finish to this arc, likely by pulling something I never thought of, but it is a knee jerk reaction.

luffy and the giants will fight them until the message goes off and then they will get away to elbaf, i think

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Hail new chap, hail mr. Satan!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

page 666 post yr favorite devil fruits

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Scholtz posted:

horm horm

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I don’t think Luffy being at his peak necessarily means he can beat every single person in the world by himself though

I’m leaning towards some characters (Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jimbei) staying behind to save Bonney and Vegapunk while the everyone else escape. I guess Kuma is then gonna pop them to Elbaf when the moment is right.

Scholtz posted:

page 666 happening for this chapter feels pretty apt

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Another possibility: Vegapunk is about to reveal their existence to the world with his broadcast, and Imu responds with "Five Elders? Never heard of 'em, never existed." and space lasers them straight to hell.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Is that big bird ok?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Luffy still has some obvious weaknesses, most notably the cooldown on Gear 5, so it's still possible for him to get his rear end kicked here and be able to power up later without another form or separate power.

poo poo's getting crazy though, the Sunny crew don't feel like they're a match for one of the elders. And worm guy is obviously going to regenerate like Saturn did.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Hiro Protagonist posted:

They've made a point to show that Luffy can't damage Saturn. Like, he's not just tough, but Luffy is confused as to why he doesn't take damage at all. So I think there may be more of a secret or something to figure out how to even defeat them that isn't just pure power.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

A bunch of cool and scary rear end yokai and then...a worm dude

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
posting on 666 for THAT DEMONICALLY FUCKIN SICK-rear end SPREAD

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

a twist i think i would enjoy a lot would be if luffy got taken/kidnapped and the rest of the crew had to get him back. it could also give usopp his moment on elbaf to really step up in luffy's absence and fulfill his dream. big trouble with this tho is why would the gorosei ever not immediately kill him

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sick chapter, but also another reminder we're truly in One Piece's endgame.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

tbp posted:

a twist i think i would enjoy a lot would be if luffy got taken/kidnapped and the rest of the crew had to get him back. it could also give usopp his moment on elbaf to really step up in luffy's absence and fulfill his dream. big trouble with this tho is why would the gorosei ever not immediately kill him

if they kill him they have to find Nika's fruit again

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

They've made a point to show that Luffy can't damage Saturn. Like, he's not just tough, but Luffy is confused as to why he doesn't take damage at all. So I think there may be more of a secret or something to figure out how to even defeat them that isn't just pure power.

Seawater?

Should work for Ju Peter, at least.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Scholtz posted:

Pika Pika No Mi

Zodar
May 21, 2007

he's obviously a Mongolian Death Worm, and cryptids/UMA are honorary yokai

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's another hot drat Oda moment that this is exactly what happened in little Garden - Luffy got eaten by a monster and Dorry and Broggy sliced it in two to free him.

My guess is that the Giants might sacrifice themselves so Luffy can escape. Sets up the Planets as the next level for them to run-into again before they can be defeated (ala Big Mom), but not without some pain. Lab-o-Phase isn't surviving this arc, which I fear might be how the satellite Vegapunk's end up failing.

Fun fact: 666 was released twelve years ago and was the confirmation Bon Clay survived. Haven't seen him since :,(

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 15, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Scholtz posted:

nomi nomi nomi

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Scholtz posted:

the buddha fruit

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh my god I'm still 12 years behind what the gently caress

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Next chapter is gonna have a two page spread of giant Luffy standing shoulder to shoulder with Dorry and Broggy facing off against the Elders and it's gonna be really loving cool

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Scholtz posted:

The five elder planets

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

U-DO Burger posted:

Next chapter is gonna have a two page spread of giant Luffy standing shoulder to shoulder with Dorry and Broggy facing off against the Elders and it's gonna be really loving cool

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

Bring in Nika-Bonney and the giant robot while you’re at it, and make it a fair fight.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
echoing that FIVE ELDER PLANETS spread goes hard as gently caress, as does the general existence of the samurai horseman. One Piece loving owns.

Also I think there’s like a 90% chance that Yamoto’s tour of Wano ends up having some endgame relevance since the last cover arc was extremely relevant.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Also I think there’s like a 90% chance that Yamoto’s tour of Wano ends up having some endgame relevance since the last cover arc was extremely relevant.
That seems likely; quite a few cover arcs had the specific purpose of establishing why a certain character is where the story will need them to be a few (dozen/hundred) chapters down the line.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

That spread loving rips. This whole arc has been pedal to the floor and I am here for it.

My one question is why Sand Worm when he could have easily been a Namazu.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Carpator Diei posted:

That seems likely; quite a few cover arcs had the specific purpose of establishing why a certain character is where the story will need them to be a few (dozen/hundred) chapters down the line.

Given that the cover reveal of Pudding's kidnapping happened in the same chapter it was brought up in-story, it's entirely likely Yamato will show up next chapter and we won't find out why until the cover arc finishes in 20 chapters time.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Zodar posted:

he's obviously a Mongolian Death Worm, and cryptids/UMA are honorary yokai

just the other day I was thinking this would make a cool mythical zoan.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Same with mine. Oh well. Where did we order them from? I've forgotten

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Given that the cover reveal of Pudding's kidnapping happened in the same chapter it was brought up in-story, it's entirely likely Yamato will show up next chapter and we won't find out why until the cover arc finishes in 20 chapters time.

dont tease me like this bro

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Meowywitch posted:

1110: I like the cover image a lot

I am stoked that we are getting more of him even if it's one page per chapter :shobon:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Robviously posted:

That spread loving rips. This whole arc has been pedal to the floor and I am here for it.

My one question is why Sand Worm when he could have easily been a Namazu.

Oda obviously just watched Dune Part 2

edit: Wait. Oh my god. D. Une Piece

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 15, 2024

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Posting on the devil's page

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Marluxia posted:

D. Une Piece

Adbot