Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

it really is halfassed until they get the pf working properly. everyone piling into aether sucks for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
but it's a temporary era, just like pre-cross server PF was its own era. we know they're building up to cross-DC PF

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Of the 3 Casting Jobs, I rank them Summoner > Black Mage > Red Mage. For me, Red Mage has too much casting and not enough swording. Needs more stabbin' abilities.

Cleretic posted:

Next weekend, make sure to test FFXIV's upcoming features by invading Australia.

"many Worlds may experience login queues following the upcoming release of Dawntrail, especially during peak times."

In other news, water is wet.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
My view is that they shouldn't allowed cross-datacenter travel until a cross-datacenter PF was ready.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

going to aether for pf fuckin suuuucks.

even in a more casual sense, being on primal and doing my some daily stuff it'd be nice to see something worth doing in PF, rather than that one person selling feet pics and the worst drawing twitch stream ever.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Raiding on Aether got so much worse over the last few years too. Tons of people joining over the last few years googling "raid server" and finding old Reddit posts from ARR has caused things to become much sweatier than they'd been in years.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

gay devil posted:

Raiding on Aether got so much worse over the last few years too. Tons of people joining over the last few years googling "raid server" and finding old Reddit posts from ARR has caused things to become much sweatier than they'd been in years.

things were already ruined whenever people got in their heads that one person leaving means the whole group has to leave

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Mister Olympus posted:

things were already ruined whenever people got in their heads that one person leaving means the whole group has to leave

Does it not mean that? What are you meant to do otherwise? Or do you mean not in the instance?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

lines posted:

Does it not mean that? What are you meant to do otherwise? Or do you mean not in the instance?
I'd assume the latter, where you have a whole group finally get together, then like a Black Mage bails after a couple of pulls and everyone else collapses out, too, so you have to gather an entirely new group.
Even on the first day of new content, where there's not any guides to follow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hogama posted:

I'd assume the latter, where you have a whole group finally get together, then like a Black Mage bails after a couple of pulls and everyone else collapses out, too, so you have to gather an entirely new group.
Even on the first day of new content, where there's not any guides to follow.

I think that is because once one person leaves you end up going back into the waiting hoping someone will join and often times it's genuinely faster to just hop into an already open PF, especially if you're a tank or a healer. And once that happens and you lose a tank/healer then the wait becomes way longer.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

lines posted:

back in heavensward, before cross server PFs people would stick in groups for as long as they wanted to still try the fight because one person leaving would mean an hour+ wait to find someone new, since you were only limited to your server's playerbase. This ethos carried forward into stormblood because people took a while to realize the implications of the increased population, both in terms of savage being more accessible and in terms of all servers in a DC sharing the same PF. PFing savage was much easier at that time, because you had the bigger player pool, but also players that would give groups a decent chance. Progging is much easier when you're able to work with the same people repeatedly.

For example, the reason that something like P10 is such a nightmare in PF is because it's a fight that asks you to get familiar with how other people tend to move rather than having fully fixed spots, and you can only practice that by doing runs with the same people multiple times. With the current behavior of PF, you don't get to do that, so it's an arbitrary wall that could be fixed by people being willing to give groups some grace.

Ideally if there's like a single problem player ruining this, what people should do is step out and replace that single player, then come back in with 7/8 players the same. What happens now is that even if you go "hey just going to adjust the group a bit, stick around please" and kick the problem player, everyone will drop anyway. In my experience, shadowbringers is where this shift in attitude catalyzed. The common wisdom is that it's just better for average clear time on a personal level if you find a new group but "common wisdom" is loving stupid sometimes and doesn't remotely apply to every situation.

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 15, 2024

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

going to aether for pf fuckin suuuucks.

I've heard stories of people going to Aether to find a raid group and then ending up in a group with 7 other people from Primal.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Yeah I remember seeing fun gimmick groups on Crystal but those dried up. No all healers 24 mans or anything after Datacenter travel.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Mordiceius posted:

My view is that they shouldn't allowed cross-datacenter travel until a cross-datacenter PF was ready.

disagree, i do plenty of DC travel because i have friends on both primal and aether and would be bummed if i couldn't. hopefully they get cross-dc pf working soon though

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1768366577161003374?t=Yf88viz7Jjxc-HHbrFVgpg&s=19

neat

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Is it weird that I really want to lick it? I bet it tastes like blue raspberry.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's lacking the dangerous spike on the top but I still want it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Apparently it's just decorative and doesn't function?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Twibbit posted:

Yeah I remember seeing fun gimmick groups on Crystal but those dried up. No all healers 24 mans or anything after Datacenter travel.

I'm on Crystal, and I saw a PF for an all Sage run of... I think it was Thaelia? ... a few weeks ago. So they still happen, just probably not as frequently as they used to.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

ImpAtom posted:

Apparently it's just decorative and doesn't function?

why the hell would you make up something like this?

quote:

a) One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) custom-designed “Final Fantasy XIV” Xbox Series X console bundle (NON-FUNCTIONAL, TO BE USED AS AN ART PIECE) (design elements and all other aspects of the custom console are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor), one (1) Xbox Series X console bundle (console model, features, design and all other aspects of the console are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor),

what the gently caress

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zeruel posted:

what the gently caress

lmao what the hell

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

So you actually win two Xboxes, a working regular one and non working aetheryte one one.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Zeruel posted:

what the gently caress

It's an experimental aetheryte, turning it on caused too much nausea.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You can only access it at a weirdly-late point in the story.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If you're going to make it an art piece why have it look like a series X instead of an xbox logo or something.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Zeruel posted:

what the gently caress

well that makes me want it

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 17 minutes!
Entirely by accident, I started playing on Excalibur and there's a ton of goon FCs.

I'm a complete newbie to the game, is a Goon FC right for me? :eng101:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Jaxyon posted:

Entirely by accident, I started playing on Excalibur and there's a ton of goon FCs.

They're all basically the same. TPT has stricter story spoilers but that's about it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I don't care what they say, I am going to play Xbox games on it

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Jaxyon posted:

I've been a noob for 10 years now, you'll fit right in!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Martman posted:

I don't care what they say, I am going to play Xbox games on it

there are no xbox games to play on it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

there are no xbox games to play on it

there is "final fantasy xiv"

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

goblin week posted:

there is "final fantasy xiv"

that isnt a game brother, that's my life

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jaxyon posted:

Probably

aers
Feb 15, 2012

i assume its an empty xbox case.

it is weird they modded it to be unusable. maybe the air intakes are covered? i know the exhaust is at the top.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zeruel posted:

what the gently caress

lmao that is so weird

all that effort to make an "art piece" and they make it look like a weird box like their console instead of like, an actual aetheryte statue, which would have actually been worth trying to get

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It wouldn't even be functional if it was real! The rings block the disc drive!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/eksuplosionxiv/status/1768850558104813667

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Hellioning posted:

WoW, for all of its faults, has an excellent transmog system. The only thing it needs it dyes.

And stuff that's actually nice to mog.

(Disclaimer: I haven't touched WoW since three-quarters of the way through BfA. My experiences are way out of date. Did they ever add more than a handful of actually modeled chest pieces, or have those remained just flat textures?)

(Disclaimer II: There's always been interesting and nice stuff to mog, it's just not nearly as wide as FFXIV's glam, much to the chagrin of the people who hate the modern and futuristic looks.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Onean posted:

And stuff that's actually nice to mog.

(Disclaimer: I haven't touched WoW since three-quarters of the way through BfA. My experiences are way out of date. Did they ever add more than a handful of actually modeled chest pieces, or have those remained just flat textures?)

(Disclaimer II: There's always been interesting and nice stuff to mog, it's just not nearly as wide as FFXIV's glam, much to the chagrin of the people who hate the modern and futuristic looks.)

Pants Donkey posted:

behold the new glory