Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Bucchigiri is about Honki Tonk Men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

It's about being a cracker barrel boy.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Arajin doesn't really suck, he's just really, really not into fighting and is kind of cowardly. So whenever he's given the choice, "getting involved in some bullshit with a bunch of delinquents" is going to take a backseat to basically anything else.

Like, he has his own goals and dreams he wants to accomplish, and he's going to stick with them and not get swept along into doing something he stopped caring about like ten years ago just because his old friend thinks it'd be cool.

Arajin is trash.

Sure at first, I was all, "I guess being on that Denji tip only works for audiences when you're poor and kill things nyehehe", but letting yer best bro get brutally savaged to crickets, but gettin up only when the pussy you put on the pedestal is in harm's way? L friend, trash human.

Not that it affects my enjoyment of the show, watching him get his rear end beat owns.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i think there's a difference between denji being driven by wanting to touch boobs and arajin literally walking into school for the first time and being like YO WHAT UP TEACH WHERE THE CUTIES AT

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You could phrase it as being unlikable and dense, but even the guy himself can sometimes muster enough self-awareness to feel bad about how his policy of looking out for #1 negatively impacts other characters. That and he has unfortunately made this hell he's in.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Southern Cassowary posted:

i think there's a difference between denji being driven by wanting to touch boobs and arajin literally walking into school for the first time and being like YO WHAT UP TEACH WHERE THE CUTIES AT

He only dearly, desperately wishes he got to do that

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pootybutt posted:

Arajin is trash.

Sure at first, I was all, "I guess being on that Denji tip only works for audiences when you're poor and kill things nyehehe", but letting yer best bro get brutally savaged to crickets, but gettin up only when the pussy you put on the pedestal is in harm's way? L friend, trash human.

Not that it affects my enjoyment of the show, watching him get his rear end beat owns.

Matakara is a big huge guy who has dedicated his whole life to fighting and joined a gang that fights all the time. Him getting his rear end beat is his own problem he created for himself, and is 1000x less motivating to get involved with than some random dude's little sister who doesn't even seem to fight at all getting brutalized.

Like, Arajin's general opinion on Matakara seems to be that he can solve his own drat problems.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The other thing is that the story spends a lot of time making it clear that Denji's desire to touch a boob is just the tip of the iceberg that is his vast, all-encompassing desire for human intimacy and validation.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I watched the first episode of Bucchigiri and it looked great but there was not a single character that was even kinda appealing, except maybe the djinn guy

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Matakara is a big huge guy who has dedicated his whole life to fighting and joined a gang that fights all the time. Him getting his rear end beat is his own problem he created for himself, and is 1000x less motivating to get involved with than some random dude's little sister who doesn't even seem to fight at all getting brutalized.

Like, Arajin's general opinion on Matakara seems to be that he can solve his own drat problems.

Arajin's pushing Matakara away isn't a difference in opinion or him having gotten over that stuff, it's the opposite, it's cope. Just looking bro's way reminds him how he failed him and makes him feel like King Pussy, and it's a sad bit of irony that much is bro is real clingy on the honki person stuff from their actual childhood, he is plainly so over that one painful moment from their past, while Arajin is the furthest place from being over it.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

God, Bravern rules

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Pootybutt posted:

God, Bravern rules

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Rand Brittain posted:

The other thing is that the story spends a lot of time making it clear that Denji's desire to touch a boob is just the tip of the iceberg that is his vast, all-encompassing desire for human intimacy and validation.

this is a good way of putting it yeah

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pootybutt posted:

God, Bravern rules

Yeah I knew I'd like it but I wasn't expecting it to be among the best of the season. It's done a great job of building on Obari's strengths but avoiding the weakness his shows sometimes have. And it's got great sense of fun and comedic timing while still keeping the drama

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The non-rescue episodes of Daigo have been getting weirder.

Not pictured, the declining birthrate affecting firefighter numbers.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Wish I had a Lulu of my own

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

jesus christ Bravern

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Pootybutt posted:

God, Bravern rules

i am on episode 6 now and i agree

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Been rocking some good anhedonia the last few months but I went back and started Mashle S2.

God that's a bright spot every weekend. The requisite dumb explanation for how Mash outsmarted his foe being followed up by "No wait that's entirely wrong--ah well whatever" is nice.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

stuff finally happening in Solo Leveling after a bunch of endless grinding

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I just wanna shout out the most recent Dungeon Meshi episode for being fantastic. I'd been very excited for the big cool exciting dragon fight and they totally nailed it. Continues to be a fun & very competently told story all around

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ending of this week's Dungeon Meshi be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud_yNZ19A4c

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEYpIHZ3kXE

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gently caress yeah

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Electric Phantasm posted:

gently caress yeah

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Should we start making suggestions for the Spring 2024 thread title?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Xelkelvos posted:

Should we start making suggestions for the Spring 2024 thread title?

Eh sure, i'll be working on the spring thread next week

https://anichart.net/Spring-2024

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2024/spring

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Spring 2024 - My Deer Friend Nokotan is Next Season

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Spring 2024 - The Spice (and Wolf) Must Flow
Spring 2024 - The Feast Continues
Spring 2024 - Yaranaika For A New Generation

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Wow there is... not a lot jumping out at me from those lists.

I think I'll binge frieren this weekend to catch up for next week's episode. I got thinking that I quite enjoyed going through the first cour in chunks after it had all aired, so maybe doing the same again will help rather than waiting for a new ep every week.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 16, 2024

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Whisper me a Love Song, Seiyuu Radio, Yuru Camp season 3 stand our. Gonna give the Mizushima anime a try cause it looks like it has the Girls Und Panzer energy. Girls Band Cry probably won't be My Go but will watch it. So I've got a lot next season

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Spice & Wolf and Konosuba are basically the guaranteed watches there. Blue Archive has potential to be good, but obviously the quality here will depend on how well it's adapted and gacha adaptations have a... mixed history. A number of others I'll probably at least try a couple episodes of, but nothing else is immediately standing out.

Highspeed Etoile is annoying me for some reason (aside from the multiple instances of bad animation in the PV), but I can't quite place my finger on why.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Wow a new season of Mahouka, been a while

Bartender even though I don’t drink, but I do like to pretend to get the history
Hibike Emphorium

the New Gate

Demon slayer time
Spicy wolfs

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 16, 2024

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GateOfD posted:

Wow a new season of Mahouka, been a while

should have been longer

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Definitely one of those super cut up adaptation shows.
Reread the first volume a bunch too, then saw the anime

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Spring Season 2024: X weeks since the end of Frieren S1

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Xelkelvos posted:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

:hai:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I am going to put my faith in yurucamp and hopefully S3 will be a lot better than S2.

On the other hand, I guess I can find some inspiration regarding where to camp if I ever find myself in Japan.

Probably not going to watch anything else except a continuation of d&d and/or frieren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gonna watch Demon Slayer and spicy wolf and some ongoing shows and maybe a few goon recommendations. I mean goons recommended Bravern so they occasionally have good taste.