Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
meowy's match was awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
meowy starting as she means to finish

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My match was not so awesome.....

won't say who didn't show up...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I l our animee

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

oh the misery. everybody wants to see the animee

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Buddy they won't even let me see the animee

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

verbal enema posted:

My match was not so awesome.....

won't say who didn't show up...

I would have won had I gone solo and not been tagged into spears 3 times in a row

Trying to get me killed again when I died less than a month ago

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Shinjobi posted:

I would have won had I gone solo and not been tagged into spears 3 times in a row

Trying to get me killed again when I died less than a month ago

Should have countered the spears by reversing it into a front locked guillotine choke you fool you clown you bozo bastard

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

She still got it.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Hell yeah, she did it!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
she keeps leveling up

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Went and saw Love Lies Bleeding

I liked it, but my friend and I both thought the ending let it down a bit. Some of those events are going to be very divisive I think.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

When you finally defeat Airman

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
My Dress Up Darling going on a short hiatus after recent chapter release..
its already a monthly manga x_x guess gonna wait for 2-3 months for another chapter

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
made roasted taro today, extremely fast and tasty

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

GateOfD posted:

My Dress Up Darling going on a short hiatus after recent chapter release..
its already a monthly manga x_x guess gonna wait for 2-3 months for another chapter

At least the latest chapter gave us a lot of great Marin faces

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Please state your top 3 anime of the last few years :) I want something to watch but not sure where to go with it

Season 2 of Vinland Saga looks good... also Season 2 of Eminence in Shadow...?

e: because I asked, I'll state mine:

- Frieren
- JJK Season 2
- dunno third is a toss up

Just wanna get a read on whats out there.

Taima fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 16, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Season 2 of Vinland Saga is terrific, though imo not as consistently good as Season 1. But its finale is tremendous.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19PkX_xz8PU&hd=1

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

Season 2 of Vinland Saga is terrific, though imo not as consistently good as Season 1. But its finale is tremendous.

I started it and fell off because nothing was happening. I did like the message it was trying to convey. It sounds like I should just stick it out...? What else have you liked in the last while?

Frieren is no doubt my favorite anime of recent times and maybe all time but I've seen it all and it's basically over.

As a wild card choice, it's not recent but Mushishi? Has for whatever reason been calling my name but I don't know if it still holds up as good in 2024.

e: I've also been looking at Apothecary Diaries...

Taima fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 16, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well, Edgerunners is a well oiled machine if you havent watched it yet, and if you want something currently airing Bang Brave Bang Bravern is wild and Dungeon Meshi has been getting better every week. Pluto is real good, too.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Taima posted:

Please state your top 3 anime of the last few years :) I want something to watch but not sure where to go with it

- Frieren
- JJK Season 2

Bang Dream My Go - Last year
Bocchi the Rock/Lycoris Recoil 2022
Super Cub/Blue Reflection Ray 2021

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bang Dream My Go - Last year
Bocchi the Rock/Lycoris Recoil 2022
Super Cub/Blue Reflection Ray 2021

Holy poo poo this is an incredibly interesting list. I haven't heard of Bang Dream my Go but it looks really good. Wow. If you had to choose one which would it be?

Arc Hammer posted:

Well, Edgerunners is a well oiled machine if you havent watched it yet, and if you want something currently airing Bang Brave Bang Bravern is wild and Dungeon Meshi has been getting better every week. Pluto is real good, too.

Oooh yes, I actually did see Edgerunners and thought it was great. I'm not a big waifu guy myself but Rebecca is <3 <3 best girl.

I'll check out Bang Brave! And I have watched a few Meshi, my only concern is that the formula seemed a little stale- sounds like they make it work?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I loved watching bocchi rock all offer the place

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Taima posted:

Holy poo poo this is an incredibly interesting list. I haven't heard of Bang Dream my Go but it looks really good. Wow. If you had to choose one which would it be?

My Go is really good and doesn't need knowledge of the previous series so I'd recommend that if you want a really good drama. If you want comedy though Bocchi is the way to go

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Good way to realize 2021 was loving stacked.

Migi & Dali, Akiba Maid Wars, Oddtaxi

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Taima posted:

Including movies i would nominate Pompo the Cinephile, Blue Giant, and Revue Starlight: The Movie (Though this relies on watching Revue Starlight the tv series first)

For TV series I'd pick Bocchi The Rock, OddTaxi, and Cyberpunk Edgerunners.

Others up there for me are Bang Dream It's MyGo, Chainsawman, Sonny Boy, Call of the Night, Pluto, and Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Konosuba

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Thank you all so much! I'm going to start with:

My Go
Bocchi
Sonny boy

I'm seriously writing down all of this <3 hell yeah. And good shout on Konasuba, Odd Taxi, Edgerunners, Pluto, I have seen those so far though! All great!

I tried Sonny Boy when it aired but kinda fell off but I think it's beause I wasn't paying enough attention.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

dead mount death play
undead girl murder farce
dark gathering

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Taima posted:

- Frieren
- JJK Season 2

SSSS. Dynazenon
A Place Further than the Universe
Blue Reflection Ray (note: insanely cheap animation and has an interminable third ep where they try to lean on mostly fighting without the animation to support it but the character writing was really good imo) ('our mom left to go buy lightbulbs and never came back.' 'im so sorry...' 'its okay. we bought some ourselves.')

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Taima posted:

I tried Sonny Boy when it aired but kinda fell off but I think it's beause I wasn't paying enough attention.

I don't think it's the kind of show that everyone will enjoy, but it's a very unique experience and I feel that it's almost worthwhile for just that alone. It does help to pay attention, but there's various things that are intentionally confusing, abstract, or vague enough that you have to come to your own conclusions about them, which may or may not be correct.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Endorph posted:

SSSS. Dynazenon
A Place Further than the Universe
Blue Reflection Ray (note: insanely cheap animation and has an interminable third ep where they try to lean on mostly fighting without the animation to support it but the character writing was really good imo) ('our mom left to go buy lightbulbs and never came back.' 'im so sorry...' 'its okay. we bought some ourselves.')

Is Blue Reflection Ray that one that's essentially community made? I remember hearing about something like that. It has 5.83 on MAL, drat. I'm 100% a writing guy though so I'll give it a try for sure!

A Place Further than the Universe is one of my favorite anime ever. I have no idea how I didn't mention that. That is a loving GOOD anime holy poo poo.

is SSSS. Dynazenon an offshoot of SSS.Gridman or whatever? If so are both of those worth watching?

Julias posted:

I don't think it's the kind of show that everyone will enjoy, but it's a very unique experience and I feel that it's almost worthwhile for just that alone. It does help to pay attention, but there's various things that are intentionally confusing, abstract, or vague enough that you have to come to your own conclusions about them, which may or may not be correct.

Thanks, that's genuinely helpful. I'll go into the anime with that in mind.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Taima posted:

is SSSS. Dynazenon an offshoot of SSS.Gridman or whatever? If so are both of those worth watching?

Yeah they're vaguely related to each other, and they're both pretty good too!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Taima posted:

- Frieren
- JJK Season 2

hugtto precure
hirogaru precure
star twinkle precure

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Taima posted:

- Frieren
- JJK Season 2

On-Gaku: Our Sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
SSSS Gridman and Dynazenon are both made by Trigger so if you enjoyed Edgerunners (also made by Trigger) then you should be good.