Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Xelkelvos posted:

Spring 2024 - The Spice (and Wolf) Must Flow

I vote this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

drop the parenthesis and i'm in

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
I'm hopeful for Mission: Yozakura Family. I have been enjoying the manga of it, basically a normal high school student ends up as part of a family of anime spies, and hijinks ensue. Mostly standard shonen, but I think the family aspect and spy stuff work well with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ld49lXSRY

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Sentai Daishikkaku (Go! Go! Loser Ranger!) seems kind of interesting, at least from the 23 chapters I've read tonight.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

excited for Shuumatsu Train, whatever it's actually about. i trust tsutomu mizushima with my life.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Putting my eggs in the Tonari no Youkai basket, the inaka family vibes seem very good. Plus the crow tengu wears a trucker cap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH4zARVzXY0

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

haypliss posted:

Putting my eggs in the Tonari no Youkai basket, the inaka family vibes seem very good. Plus the crow tengu wears a trucker cap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH4zARVzXY0

There's some chapters of this scanalated and it is very chill and good.

Mysterious Disappearances (Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi) hasn't been mentioned, but that's on my list as the manga does a pretty good balance between paranormal mysteries and humor, usually at the main character's expense.

Weird original Train anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSq3R-k6WZY

The obligatory isekai I'm interested in is Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru. tl;dr MC isekais into the son of a minor noble. He's otherwise unremarkable except he can see the stats of people around him and their potentials and aptitudes in various combat roles. And with that skill, he aims to map game create a prosperous and kind nation

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I have no idea what prompted them to do another season of Bartender almost 20 years later, but I'm on board for it.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Xelkelvos posted:

The obligatory isekai I'm interested in is Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru. tl;dr MC isekais into the son of a minor noble. He's otherwise unremarkable except he can see the stats of people around him and their potentials and aptitudes in various combat roles. And with that skill, he aims to map game create a prosperous and kind nation

The only things I remember liking about that series was that it was originally being scanlated by a group called "We Hate Isekai" and they would do an end page for each chapter dunking on the story.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So fall 2022 was the first time I actively followed seasonal anime and before that I just watched shows that had already finished. After a year of seasons I've gotten used to the seasonal production cycle. While there are certainly shows I've enjoyed that only ran 12 episodes, I feel that on the whole I don't really enjoy the current format for anime production and releases. Manga adaptations especially feel hamstrung by the format. It's amazing that we're only getting back to Konosuba and One Punch Man this year when their first seasons were eight and nine years ago, respectively.

I wish there was a way to fix it, but I'm not in the industry so thems the breaks until something does break. At least if it's a season where not a lot appeals to me that means I can go back and watch older, hopefully finished, shows.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 16, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

I have no idea what prompted them to do another season of Bartender almost 20 years later, but I'm on board for it.
there's almost 20 years worth of manga made after the first anime

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

This looks good, I guess my list so far is this and YuruCamp.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
I'm surprised there aren't more people excited for The Fable, I remember that being a big hit around here. Did the manga fall off at some point?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

GateOfD posted:

Spring Season 2024: X weeks since the end of Frieren S1

Frieren: Beyond Season's End

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
There is actually a pretty solid number of shows I'm pretty interested in this Spring Season

Konosuba S3 (duh)
Spice and Wolf (duh x2)
Yuru Camp S3 (duh x3)
Demon Slayer (Yeah, I know it sucks, but it is still extremely pretty to look at and that can be enough)
Kaijuu 8-gou (It eventually goes to poo poo, like every battle shonen, but the part that anime will cover is actually pretty cool)
Ranger Rejects (I won't call it Go! Go! Loser Rangers! :colbert: I have no particular interest in Super Sentai shows, but I couldn't put the manga down once I began reading. If the adaptation holds, this could be very good)
Fable (I was preparing to get hyped, then I remembered how Under Ninja anime ended up.)

I will probably watch them all eventually, but I won't be surprised if the only shows I will end up following weekly turn out to be Spice and Wolf and Konosuba.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Eeevil posted:

I'm surprised there aren't more people excited for The Fable, I remember that being a big hit around here. Did the manga fall off at some point?

Aside from Takahashi directing there hasn't been much to justify hype for it despite the manga being great. Fwiw I can see Lt Lizard's point as well, Tezuka Productions has a couple recent adaptations in the same space (Under Ninja, My Home Hero) that were whelming.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 days!)

there's already a decent jdrama version of Fable

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITFklIWu0Wg

Yeah ok I guess I'll get back into anime next season.

I guess this is summer not spring but the manga is nuts as gently caress

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I actually dropped Ranger Rejects after reading the first however many chapters and just didn't feel invested in the main character or the villains.

Forgot Euphonium S3 is coming up too (there's a total of five series this Spring that are all S3s of their respective series)

Nemo2342 posted:

The only things I remember liking about that series was that it was originally being scanlated by a group called "We Hate Isekai" and they would do an end page for each chapter dunking on the story.

The scanalations are slowly getting to the point where the main character is now just shifting to being a CK player and coloring in maps while gaming the system to find the best advisors, generals, etc.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The only power rangers anime I'm looking forward to is whenever Red Ranger Isekai gets adapted

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've got four more Frieren eps to go before I'm caught up. I liked the breather episode after the first test where everyone is going about their days and Stark keeps picking up randos like a wandering zen master or getting recruited for a monster hunt by Wirbel.

Serie sounds like a kid putting on a deep voice to try and sound like an adult.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i like those voices, where it sounds like a hassle to them to just talk with a 'i seen it all' drawl to it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It sounds like the kind of voice Mona Marshall does when she's dubbing anime.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

The only power rangers anime I'm looking forward to is whenever Red Ranger Isekai gets adapted

I thought I was the only one reading that goofy rear end series. I would love to see a good adaptation of it, the random explosions and speeches about the power of bonds would be great. That and Yakuza Reincarnation are my mildly obscure manga I want to see an anime for.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the ancient egypt themed kamen rider is rad as heck.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Red Ranger isekai is easily in the top 5 isekai I read. It's very silly, but plays with that silliness in the right ways. The designs are also genuinely great, the rangers having bandage themes to them is ridiculous in the best way.

And yeah, the Egyptian ranger style rules. I also really like the villain who was just (re)introduced, he's a jerk But Maybe Has A Heart Of Gold????

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's kinda bonkers that the closest Egyptian themed rider is just one form and its upgrade of the Srcondary in Ghost. The theme of the Rider pastiche is so good and it's probably too dripping with theme to ever be real.

Edit: It'd probably work if they made a season themed around world mythologies I guess.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 17, 2024

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Another vote for

Xelkelvos posted:

Spring 2024 - The Spice (and Wolf) Must Flow

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Kingdom is my favorite show this season. I don't know if there's a thread for it because it's such a generic name to search for. The latest episode basically addresses the thing that everyone was expecting to come to a head eventually: Kanki's army is a bunch of pillagers and they put a bunch of juicy defenseless settlements all over the place.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

nothing much happened in lv99 villainess recently.
story seems to hit a dull point whenever the heroine shows up, should just focus on Yumi and the guy with her just the whole time.
do like that unlike other ones, the nobles don't keep trying to pick on her when she's so obviously OP.

some other stories, they keep trying to get in the MC's way and its like why are you even bothering when you keep getting blasted away

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

spent a bit catching up on anime, just caught up on dungeon meshi and a sign of affection

dungeon meshi is an exceptionally well-made show - looks great, great characters with interesting personalities, an incredibly well-realized world, and the cooking hook is fun. i've got literally no objective complaints about it, but ultimately, i feel like i like it less than i should because i'm not really into this kind of fantasy story with adventurer/dungeon trappings conceptually. the fact that i like it all is an indicator of how good it is.

i still love a sign of affection and a lot of what i said about it earlier still holds - the hook is great and they manage to avoid being cloying about it, it has a wonderful style, and it's really energetic and fun. currently my favorite show this season.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Watched the first few episodes of eminence in shadow. It has like one more joke than the standard isekai power fantasy, but idk. Not really feeling it. Come to think of it "this one is different" has not been true once :hmmyes:

genericnick fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 17, 2024

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i've got a friend who likes the upper tier of dorky isekai as comfort food and eminence in shadow is one of the ones she's stuck with

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Eminence in Shadow rules

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I see how I got tricked into this.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

genericnick posted:

I see how I got tricked into this.

lmfao

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the animation studio didn't seem to realize that eminence is supposed to be a comedy until after the first arc. so, they changed a bunch of stuff in that arc to make it less funny (??????????). the anime gets better from there.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While not one of my top favorites last year Shadow was fun cause Shadow is a big dork despite all the stuff going around him and it also avoids the trap a lot of power fantasy Isekai have by having other members of the cast do cool things and be their own characters despite Shadow being the main motivation.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the animation studio didn't seem to realize that eminence is supposed to be a comedy until after the first arc. so, they changed a bunch of stuff in that arc to make it less funny (??????????). the anime gets better from there.

Did not find this a problem as an anime-only, it felt like straight-faced humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Perv Asshat