Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

resurrection apparently happens via normal rear end healing magic - once the body has been restored to a working state the soul's still there so it just regains the ability to move. so i guess the question is, can you recreate a body from just a skull via healing magic? we can see severed body parts get reattached fine but growing brand new ones i think is still unproven, and uhhhh regrowing a brain seems like it might have some odd side effects like "the brain is equivalent to that of a newborn child" but you know, magic so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gnome dude resurrected Namari just fine even though her brains were liquefied by the Undine

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

liquified? i thought her brain was just pierced, same like reattaching an arm is different from creating a brand new arm. if the undine blenders everything it gets inside of i'd think marcelle wouldn't be able to keep standing after getting her leg hit

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Euphemism. But there was a hole out the back of her head and a lot of blood so maybe some brain matter got flung out as well.

I'm just wondering how far Laios is willing to rules lawyer the DM's mechanics for the Dungeon and see what technicalities he can get away with regarding resurrection.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 15, 2024

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The gang is gonna have to go hunting for Phoenix down

Side bonus: Kentucky Fried Phoenix! :fsn:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The constant use of reflections in this show is so good.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Asterite34 posted:

The gang is gonna have to go hunting for Phoenix down

Side bonus: Kentucky Fried Phoenix! :fsn:

It heats the oil all by itself.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Firstscion posted:

It heats the oil all by itself.

No herbs or spices needed!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Everytime I use the pellet grill I dedicate the aromatic smoke to Zeus.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
don't, he might try to gently caress you

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Maybe that's what OP wants, did you consider that?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Grenade-hopping Laios' face was the stuff of nightmares

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Kwyndig posted:

Maybe that's what OP wants, did you consider that?

I hope it's a swan.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Personally I'd go with the shower, I wanna see this horndog get creative.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Kwyndig posted:

Personally I'd go with the shower, I wanna see this horndog get creative.

How do you think the shower happens? The swan has to fly over you! Use logic!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/lemmyo_/status/1768809546649071888?s=61&t=-vp9P7i8Kl2W3uKiLPEWrA

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

one extremely cool detail i forgot about is the idea that dragons use their tongue to ignite their fire breath like we would with a hand lighter

the worldbuilding, as always, is dope

That's in the How to Train Your Dragon movies too fwiw. Basically dragons have a sac where they store gasses to generate fire and then ignite them when they want to blast flames.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 16, 2024

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://vxtwitter.com/greseadraws/status/1768820011085308174?s=20

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

"I'm so hungry, I could eat a ghost!"

(Dungeon Meshi is my favorite Manga and I've been so thrilled with how the anime adapts specific scenes)

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 16, 2024

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Plant MONSTER. posted:

"I'm so hungry, I could eat a ghost!"

(Dungeon Meshi is my favorite Manga and I've been so thrilled with how the anime adapts specific scenes)

So marcille maps onto zelda well enough, but who's chilchuck

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mr. Lobe posted:

So marcille maps onto zelda well enough, but who's chilchuck

Only because he's the last one left and like Chilchuck he has no chill.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Arc Hammer posted:

Only because he's the last one left and like Chilchuck he has no chill.

I also tried to shoehorn him into Morshu mentally but it just doesn't fit because he's not like a chubby Forgotten Realms halfling, he's a small svelte little Half Foot and that just won't do for the ruby loving merchant

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Chilchuck is Ganon

Or the guy who says "this is illegal, you know."

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Is it safe to eat dragon? The meat of apex predators is supposed to be full of heavy metals, ala mercury and tuna fish. Everything in the food chain gets concentrated in the biomass of the predators. Apparently, the T-Rex would have been full of cadmium. Dragons have to be loaded with magic lead or whatever, especially with all the adventurer gear that passes through their digestive systems. Imagine the diarrhea from all those mixed up potions.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Is it safe to eat dragon? The meat of apex predators is supposed to be full of heavy metals, ala mercury and tuna fish. Everything in the food chain gets concentrated in the biomass of the predators. Apparently, the T-Rex would have been full of cadmium. Dragons have to be loaded with magic lead or whatever, especially with all the adventurer gear that passes through their digestive systems. Imagine the diarrhea from all those mixed up potions.

no but its cool and rule of cool > all

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
All the toxins would just be in the fuel bezoar though. See, I'm an expert.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Marsupial Ape posted:

Imagine the diarrhea from all those mixed up potions.

*removes pipe from mouth*

it already swallowed tons of anti-diarrhea potion

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Just don't eat its liver.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Is this leading into MGS3-style indirect cannibalism?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Kwyndig posted:

Just don't eat its liver.

That was going to be my next comment. There’s paleontological evidence that Homo Erectus was such a turbo-predator that they were giving themselves vitamin A poisoning because they ate so much predator liver.

I think about these things like a normal person.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Regalingualius posted:

Is this leading into MGS3-style indirect cannibalism?

They've been thinking about this since episode 1, when Senshi wanted to eat the dragon and the rest of the party (even Laios!) all felt super weird about it

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Marsupial Ape posted:

That was going to be my next comment. There’s paleontological evidence that Homo Erectus was such a turbo-predator that they were giving themselves vitamin A poisoning because they ate so much predator liver.

I think about these things like a normal person.

This seems like something Laios would know and think about

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
preedicction: she can't be dead/unrevivable because that would be a downer and spoil Senshi wanting to eat the dragon and they can't do Senshi like that. You can't have a monster eating show without eating a dragon. Especially one with that much meat

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Mr. Lobe posted:

This seems like something Laios would know and think about

Do you think they had to fight any giant tape worms or other parasites when they inspected the dragon’s intestine? I’m enough of a bastard to work up a random encounter table for poo poo like that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He already got sick from eating a raw tapeworm once but Laios does seem like the kind of guy who would touch a hot stove a second time to confirm it was actually hot and not a fluke.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Flukes are definitely going on the parasite encounter table.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Clearly, dragons maintain too high an internal temperature for any large parasites to survive.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Begemot posted:

Clearly, dragons maintain too high an internal temperature for any large parasites to survive.

I accept this logic.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Marsupial Ape posted:

Flukes are definitely going on the parasite encounter table.

There are deer liver flukes that are prized by deer hunters. They actually look extremely delicious. Like a living cold cut.

I want to eat one so badly lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

There are deer liver flukes that are prized by deer hunters. They actually look extremely delicious. Like a living cold cut.

I want to eat one so badly lol.

Are you loving kidding me.

*googles*

:gonk: