Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
THAT'S where holy poo poo piss came from????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
how the gently caress did you not know that

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Elite posted:

In that case they need a 6th Elder Star. Supreme Minister of Benchwarming so they can teleport back and don’t have to walk all the way home.

Imu.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Jose posted:

goons thinking he says badass is one of the dumbest things i've ever seen on SA

I acquit

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

:dafuq:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy poo poo! ワンピィィィィィィース!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:piss:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

No I get that it's just

Jose posted:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jose posted:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Farg posted:

they can teleport to each other clearly
Yeah I assume they're like Meepo from Dota (including Saturn having to walk over and blink in initially over a relatively short range)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I re-read Amazon Lilly looking for that luffy pic and wow it is insanely good.

I somehow had completely forgotten this:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

i’ve never seen that video either

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I've never even heard of "holy poo poo piss"

Any one of several One Piece moments:

https://youtu.be/DYzT-Pk6Ogw?si=kdyLaaHkdiCZIoZX

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

No Wave posted:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

This arc has rocked. Have no idea how it resolves --

Do the Strawhats retreat fully setting up the Five Elders as an endgame villain like Big Mom? Broggy and Dorry sacriicing themselves for them to get the hell outta there?

Does Vegapunk transmit his message pushing the Elders to go on an even more scorched earth approach than they'd already planned?

Does the Five Elders get beat here? Are they less powerful than they seem, but only just, setting up Blackbeard as the final enemy?

It's to Oda's credit that this arc could go so many ways still.

No Wave posted:

Warms the heart. Welcome, goon.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
you know, now that we know the gorosei's whole... deal.. it makes shanks's conversation with them even weirder

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Preferred the TCB chapter this week just because “THE FIVE ELDER PLANETS” sounds way cooler than just plain old Five Elders

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

tbp posted:

you know, now that we know the gorosei's whole... deal.. it makes shanks's conversation with them even weirder

all I'm saying is shanks has only taken damage while in the water or from the guy who turns off powers.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

you might say blackbeard didnt have the fruit yet when he scarred him.

to that I say shut up

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

No Wave posted:

I re-read Amazon Lilly looking for that luffy pic and wow it is insanely good.

I somehow had completely forgotten this:

I never forgot it because having your character show a dere side for a minute, only to show them literally punting a puppy and baby seal for mildly inconveniencing them is just about peak “show, don’t tell” (that Hancock is still a horrid woman who just likes Luffy now). Also because the puppy/seal reactions are great too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kild posted:

all I'm saying is shanks has only taken damage while in the water or from the guy who turns off powers.

Blackbeard didn't have DF powers when he scarred Shanks.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Blackbeard didn't have DF powers when he scarred Shanks.

im gonna point a cannon at the ground and shoot you out of it

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

tbp posted:

Isn’t there a theory that it wasn’t actually Shanks that met with them, but a different member of the Garling family?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

kdrudy posted:

I'm sorry, this is going to be a Namekian 10 minutes.

Ok I checked and Frieza attacks Namek in Chapter 320 and the planet explodes in Chapter 328, so ~9 chapters total. However, Namek was only a (less than) 5 minute timer.

So we can expect Vegapunk's 10 minute timer, which started at the beginning of last chapter (1109) is now apparently at 7 minutes? (Even though it was mentioned last chapter that brewing coffee would take 10 minutes, and in this chapter the coffee is finished?)

If three minutes have passed in 1 chapter of One Piece, and it took 9 chapters for five minutes in Dragon Ball, then we can convert that Namekian minutes take 1.8 chapters each, whereas Egghead minutes take 0.33 chapters each. So, each Namekian minute is around 5.5 Egghead minutes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Isn’t there a theory that it wasn’t actually Shanks that met with them, but a different member of the Garling family?

Yeah cus we don't see the side with the missing arm and scars

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was his brother Shou'rewelcome

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

It was his brother Shou'rewelcome

No his brother is named Shivs

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was watching this video and I totally didn't notice the numbers in the summoning circles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySVjriDir1k

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I've seen a lot of dumb poo poo on the internet but I had no idea where :piss: came from either. Today was a good day.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

His full name is Fingerlan D. Shenreys

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Given what we know now, it wouldn't surprise me if they just put in an order to Vegapunk for a replacement clone kid and did their best to memory-hole the one that wound up with Roger.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
So was the sandworm the shadow crawling along the wall that people thought was an umibozu? With the arms? Was that the hybrid form since it has arms?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've made it to Punk Hazard. I actually don't know anything about this arc at all so I'm looking forward to it!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spanish Matlock posted:

So was the sandworm the shadow crawling along the wall that people thought was an umibozu? With the arms? Was that the hybrid form since it has arms?

No that's Imu. We see Ju Peter at other moments, but he's much less noticeable than the rest.

Anyway after Saturn started fighting, I could have seen this arc having his defeat, but with all five being here, I don't think the Elders will be defeated.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
They don't really seem interested in 5v1-ing Luffy, aside from the sandworm dude everyone else seems to have split off to do their own thing. I wonder if it'll be like a Flying Six situation, where they end up facing down with the other Straw Hats while Luffy takes on Imu, whenever that ends up happening.

Side-Note: I dig how this turn was so out of left-field for the Straw Hats that they just don't even seem to know what's happening anymore. Sanji's just telling everyone to get the gently caress out of dodge because a bunch of freaky giant monsters showed up out of nowhere.

rko
Jul 12, 2017

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Do the Strawhats retreat fully setting up the Five Elders as an endgame villain like Big Mom? Broggy and Dorry sacriicing themselves for them to get the hell outta there?

Does Vegapunk transmit his message pushing the Elders to go on an even more scorched earth approach than they'd already planned?

A fighting retreat to Elbaf on the Thousand Sunny would be a good way to keep the momentum going in the style of WCI, but it’s getting hard to imagine how the Strawhats and giants will be enough to fight off the navy and the Five Elders. That said, given how much time got spent developing Bonnie and Kuma, I feel like the fact that the pacifistas have only been temporarily frozen is significant.

It’s hard to imagine the Five Elders losing right now, anyway, assuming Shai-Hulud there has the same regenerative abilities as Saturn showed off. But the giants apparently have some way to prevent the WG from invading Elbaf, since they’ve never been enslaved (the best they could do was trick two giants into protecting Enies Lobby)? Could be the last safe place left after Egghead.

I also like the idea that they’re going to run into Shanks on his turf, and we’ll finally get a real sense of what his deal is.

Silver2195 posted:

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Given what we know now, it wouldn't surprise me if they just put in an order to Vegapunk for a replacement clone kid and did their best to memory-hole the one that wound up with Roger.

This would be awful—imagine shoehorning in Shanks’ Evil Twin with all the rest of this mess. Given all the work Oda’s done to cultivate Shanks’ mystique, all this would accomplish is turning one cool character into two much less interesting characters.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

I've made it to Punk Hazard. I actually don't know anything about this arc at all so I'm looking forward to it!

youre going to have a particularly odd experience if punk hazard is the only arc you arent fully spoiled on

rko
Jul 12, 2017
I like Punk Hazard as a light, Thriller-Bark-style arc. Solid gags with the gang, charmingly repulsive villain, new and cool allies, some old favorites, etc. Memorably bad Sanji jokes. A little something for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

scary ghost dog posted:

youre going to have a particularly odd experience if punk hazard is the only arc you arent fully spoiled on

I wouldn't say I'm "fully" spoiled on any of the arcs, but that's fair (and noted) .