Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Kibner posted:

Worked on this off and on for a couple months but it is finally done.

a friend linked a fight scene it was in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nThDGwwrvXg

This is extremely clean, well done. Very polished. Did you panel line it with a light grey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/gundampixel/status/1770038928151577026?t=B_Wd13_5TjHCErsURMsdsA&s=19

Apparently the sketch was Yamane's first draft and the crew liked it so much it became the final version.

Aside from the head and shield I kinds like it but it's definitely a case where I'd like to see the Gundam go through a more thorough design process to refine the shape.

https://twitter.com/phrasedead13/status/1769993698295886083?t=tq64HLyPWyNwAXndNgWEFg&s=19

The fact that fanartists are already iterating on it tells me it's a solid base design that could have used a bit more time in the oven.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Buck Wildman posted:

I think they both look cool and I dig the chunky industrial aesthetic

Eh, "compact" maybe but not "industrial" imo. It's like they shrank down all the armor plates on a normal Gundam until some skeleton was peeking out and called it a day.

When I hear industrial I think function over form like the Geirail or Tieren. You can tell how all the parts move and what they're supposed to do just by looking at them.

That new Gundam reminds me of the 2009 USS Enterprise, the way they took classic sci-fi and added in some hot rod curves and flair. I don't hate it! But a lot of things about it weird me out, like the shoulder pads bulging out slightly. What's going on there? Did they cram too many components in there? Are they like radar domes or something?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Big Bizness posted:

This is extremely clean, well done. Very polished. Did you panel line it with a light grey?

Thanks!

And, yeah, I used the Gundam Marker GM02 pen to do the panel lining for nearly everything. The gold parts were detailed with the GM03 brown pen.

The black GM01 pen I find is too dark for most things. I typically only use it when a part itself is gray or nearly black. I don't bother using it with actually black parts anymore. It still has an effect on black parts, but it is too subtle for even me to notice unless I'm specifically looking for it.

I also didn't polish it at all, despite having a polishing cloth that I could have used. I usually only break that or other sanding tools out if I left a noticeable finish when using the glass file to grind away the nubs. That only happened a couple times with this kit.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 19, 2024

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/30mmissions/status/1768493895175049473

AC6 30MM info coming out tomorrow.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Are HLJ serious about the automatic shipment now? It would be really convenient if I could get a bit more time on this one item in my warehouse.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Gripweed posted:

Put the kit in a good pose and then throw away all the extra pieces.

Yep. Right now I have a few extra hands and beam saber effects but I know I’m never going to change the pose they’re in now so I’m just gonna toss those too

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Nuebot posted:

I think I got it from this thread? But I've been keeping the singular biggest box and keeping all of my instructions and spare parts/sprues in that. When I got a new bigger box I just dumped that poo poo into there. It takes up some space, but it can fit a lot, and if you really want to keep the older boxes you can flatten them and keep them in there too.

this is the way.

except I didn't keep the PGU RX78 box because no, that's too big.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

I really dislike the beam saber dispenser. Why does the Gundam need 3 ready to go? Having a spare makes some sense, but 3?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Prof. Banks posted:

I really dislike the beam saber dispenser. Why does the Gundam need 3 ready to go? Having a spare makes some sense, but 3?

Cleary the spare's spare

I like of like the redundancy, actually. It's another weird thing that makes it look less like a metal human soldier and more like some strange utility robot. Like the smaller minigun on its shoulder

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zodack posted:

Cleary the spare's spare

I like of like the redundancy, actually. It's another weird thing that makes it look less like a metal human soldier and more like some strange utility robot. Like the smaller minigun on its shoulder

I end up going in the opposite direction, and one of the reasons I prefer various GM designs--it's a rechargeable weapon meant to be used when something is too close or heavily armored for guns. You only need one of them. If you lose it, tough titties I guess maybe don't chuck your weapons and instead return them to the appropriate storage rack like you were trained.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Prof. Banks posted:

I've seen worse:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

I've seen worse:

The more I look at the SBS, the less I end up liking the design even beyond the joke you're making. It looks significantly different from other UC designs, but not in an intentional way like the Gustav Karl or the various late-UC designs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

wdarkk posted:

Are HLJ serious about the automatic shipment now? It would be really convenient if I could get a bit more time on this one item in my warehouse.

To my knowledge, the answer is "No, but they REALLY would like you to let them have some of their dwindling warehouse space back".

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To my knowledge, the answer is "No, but they REALLY would like you to let them have some of their dwindling warehouse space back".

Well, I’ll be able to help them with that in mid April.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I think the new Gundam is... ten percent too busy. I don't love the ammo cylinder behind the head. I'm hoping the minigun can detach and be arm-mounted or handheld, just to have the option. And I'd prefer it to be just a touch blockier, I dunno why. Overall I'm a fan, though. Same with the Zaku.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
You all are crazy, those Gundam EX look amazing to me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Prof. Banks posted:

Grab them at the same time and hold them between the fingers! :science:

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Schwarzwald posted:

I mostly dig these but that minigun on the back of the Gundam has got to go.

Only thing I thought was neat about this design lol

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I like the ammo bin? behind the head too but I don't understand the greebly dish on the inside and I don't think it's a great idea to make the ammo bin both larger than the head and prominently located on top of the suit.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

three beam sabers makes me think they're prototype/limited use or something, this is oyw right maybe these don't have the right generator efficiency or are prone to burnout :techno:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

alternatively, its just beginning round two

i do dig the look of them in the picture of the back though, hell, i like p much the whole torso and most of the legs

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Warmachine posted:

maybe don't chuck your weapons and instead return them to the appropriate storage rack like you were trained.

Don't tell this to ANYONE in Zeta Gundam

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Deviant posted:

this is the way.

except I didn't keep the PGU RX78 box because no, that's too big.

I'm currently using my nightingale box :getin:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
My problem with that Gundam is that if you're going to have three beam sabers, at least let it be able to dual wield if the situation calls for it. Right now I'm not sure how the gently caress it is actually supposed to grab a beam saber with the other arm

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Assume that it'll have some overly complicated sub arm that deploys the beam saber in the Netflix show.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You all heard about this new paint medium from Monument? Its called newsh and acts like an acrylic grime layer. Sort of like a sidegrade to oil washes. It wont do pin wash because the consistency is different but it doesnt reactivate so you can apply multiple different layers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqThV2Q1EG0

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

HEL L YES

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

drat V.IV Rusty is so sexy

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Suletta and Mio getting more company on the gay mech shelf :3

they're bigger than a standard 30MM mook.

And accessory pack. No sign of Zimmermans or Stun Needles though :v Guess they're testing the waters with these first.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 20, 2024

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Synthbuttrange posted:

Suletta and Mio getting more company on the gay mech shelf :3

they're bigger than a standard 30MM mook.

And accessory pack. No sign of Zimmermans or Stun Needles though :v Guess they're testing the waters with these first.

Launching with a Songbird, they know what the people want :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Double-post, because you all clearly forgot it wasn't just Armored Core Day, it was 30MM and MF day too :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-4TUsgbMFI

First up; We got our first look at 30MF kits!

Class I: Liber Knight
Class I: Rose Knight

What looks to be the case here, as best I can discern, is you start off with your "Class I" base, and you upgrade it with armor sets. They're more complete than the typical 30MM accessory packs, and look to be more like having a basic Spinatio and then buying all the bits needed for the Ninja/Knight/etc variants separatly to tack on.

Speaking of, we have;

Class-Up: Liber Holy Knight
Class-Up: Rosan Holy Knight

There's also;
Class-Up: Liber Paladin
Class-Up: Rosan Paladin

I actually quite like the sleekness of the Liber Paladin armor :allears:.

There is also the 30MF Item Shop Set This is an accessory set with a pick-and-mix assortment of more generic "grunt armor" pieces, but you also get a neat treasure chest and a transparent blue version for some reason. Also adapters so they can be mounted to Spinatios and 30MS kits.

Next; 30MM!

We have a new airborne design that looks loving sick called the Verdenova . Comes in Green and Blue variants, and interestingly you get some head options between the usual Mono-Eye and a more Gundam-esque eyes.

There's also a new weapon set: Heavy Weapon 2 This pack gets you a belt-fed LMG, a colossal round shield, along with a backpack laden with ammo and booster jets.

And I don't need them. I don't need them. I do not need them... :shepface:

Lastly, something I know's been brought up in the thread before; There's a set of cover plates to cover all those unsightly 3mm holes in your robot with cool armor plates.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Yeah, I have a deadly need for the Verdenova. Also a set of paladin armor for my Acerby.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I have no idea how the Schneider Nachtreiher is gonna balance on its spindly little legs but between these Armored Core kits and the Requiem for Vengeance gunpla it looks like Bandai is really flexing their ability to add microdetails and panels.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Those knights are pretty cool. Now show me some dwarves.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Battle princess gunpla

Let me dress up the Gardonova as a pretty pretty princess

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

This looks very Decepticon and I will need one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Between the Armored Core kits and those cool looking knights I think I'm finally going to cave and get some.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Notably, 30mf is larger than 30mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

can i put a pretty anime head on rusty or not answer the important questions