Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Flikken posted:

W
W

Always last

.....walt....whitman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oh I meant those are the last two letters of my name so I’m still dead last to you chumps.
May as well just line up to my left now.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The board stuff is a mystery. O3 is a nearly 100% promotion rate but one of the best 1LTs in my BN got overlooked the first look and didn't make CPT until a second look. Meanwhile the worst 1LT in the BN with bad OERs (can't remember the actual term for failing OERs) made CPT on the first look.

Neither of them was at the beginning or end of the alphabet.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mustang posted:

The board stuff is a mystery. O3 is a nearly 100% promotion rate but one of the best 1LTs in my BN got overlooked the first look and didn't make CPT until a second look. Meanwhile the worst 1LT in the BN with bad OERs (can't remember the actual term for failing OERs) made CPT on the first look.

Yea but i'm assuming the crap LT ran faster.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mustang posted:

I got passed over because I lacked one of the new (at the time) OERs that rated you against your peers (top 25%, middle half, lowest 25% iirc). That I was in treatment for depression in what was effectively a medical holding unit when those rolled out was seemingly irrelevant.

My unit also forgot about me for any sort of deployment or ETS awards, despite me literally standing up a clinic from nothing on KAF.

Fake e: I was already on terminal leave when I got passed over, but a classmate of mine from OCS got promoted and tried to lord it over me. He was always an rear end in a top hat anyways, though.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 19, 2024

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

CainFortea posted:

Yea but i'm assuming the crap LT ran faster.

The one metric anyone seemed to give a poo poo about, especially if they were otherwise a walking turd.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Sgt. Chowdown has passed. :smith:

https://everloved.com/life-of/robin-lawrence-williams/

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Flikken posted:

W
W

Always last

Man Woodrow Wilson it’s been a while.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I am forever blessed that my parents didn't use another family name for my middle name. They considered it and my initials would have been WWW

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

CrazySalamander posted:

Man Woodrow Wilson it’s been a while.

It’s obviously William Wallace.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

No no no, Wade Wilson.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Walter White

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

When I had my first child, a preppy friend's immediate reaction was "her initials are going to be EEP!"

Which neither of us had remotely considered, because we don't do monograms.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Walla Woldemort?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Flikken posted:

W
W

Always last

Wil Willis?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

William Wallace?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Wonder Woman?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Wesley Willis?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

wait what

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Yo are we going to gloss over this?

RIP chowdown

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yo are we going to gloss over this?

RIP chowdown

Look at the title of the CE thread.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Flikken posted:

Having a name nearly at the end, it sucks so much.

When we got home from our guard deployment, at the ceremony they gave us all these stupid NG awards, flags, rings etc. You sat with your family and they called each of us alphabetically to get whatever and the moment you were off the stage you could leave and start your terminal end of tour leave.

It was almost 2 hours until I got called... there were only a handful behind me out of almost 200 hundred soldiers

Twenty thousand soldiers in two hours is an impressive rate, though.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
Mr. World Wide

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Weep Wagoneer

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Widget World Watcher

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Wee Willie Winkie

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

wubba wubba wubba

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Wagga Wagga nsw

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Whompy Whomperson

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Out at dinner last night with my girlfriend, we're sitting at the packed bar, this guy edges up between us very apologetically and asks if he can just sneak in to order a beer. Sure, no problem, I subsequently ask him what he ordered and he says he doesn't know, the bartenders know what he likes and he has to stick to very light beers. I ask why. He says he is "on duty," and lifts up his shirt to flash a badge on his belt. He then says he's 'NSA counterterrorism," because sure I believe that a plainclothes counterterrorism cop would absolutely just show that fact off. I ask if he's carrying, he says "no, I can't do that inside a bar, so it's in my car."

What a loving full-of-poo poo idiot.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Well, at least you learned your lesson about talking to strangers. Awkward silence is golden

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The True Lies gambit.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
Please name the local restaurant/bar so I may hope to one day experience this wonderful event

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Enhance

I preferred “HAPPY EASTER ADOLPH”.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Platystemon posted:

Enhance

I preferred “HAPPY EASTER ADOLPH”.

I dunno, I think that one may be tied for first...

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021

Phanatic posted:

Out at dinner last night with my girlfriend, we're sitting at the packed bar, this guy edges up between us very apologetically and asks if he can just sneak in to order a beer. Sure, no problem, I subsequently ask him what he ordered and he says he doesn't know, the bartenders know what he likes and he has to stick to very light beers. I ask why. He says he is "on duty," and lifts up his shirt to flash a badge on his belt. He then says he's 'NSA counterterrorism," because sure I believe that a plainclothes counterterrorism cop would absolutely just show that fact off. I ask if he's carrying, he says "no, I can't do that inside a bar, so it's in my car."

What a loving full-of-poo poo idiot.

I knew a PSD guy who did stuff like this. One night his NATO plated car, radio, and gun got stolen and he was sent to the big Leavenworth in the sky.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Just came across this on Instagram.

It is loving repulsive how many Nazi sympathizers there apparently are in the ranks. Skimmed through the comments and they're mostly critical of Army WTF moments for narcing on this noble SF operator, and how they're a bunch of woke SJW incels or something.

And they feel like they can publicly express this on social media! If any of these skinheads are in the Army still they should have the book thrown at them and chaptered out immediately.

It is honestly stunning to me just how many of them there are, hopefully they weren't ever actually in the Army.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
USAWTFM can get hosed but it's good they're pointing this poo poo out.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Mustang posted:

Just came across this on Instagram.

It is loving repulsive how many Nazi sympathizers there apparently are in the ranks. Skimmed through the comments and they're mostly critical of Army WTF moments for narcing on this noble SF operator, and how they're a bunch of woke SJW incels or something.

And they feel like they can publicly express this on social media! If any of these skinheads are in the Army still they should have the book thrown at them and chaptered out immediately.

It is honestly stunning to me just how many of them there are, hopefully they weren't ever actually in the Army.

Isn't it worse than DAK cosplay, cause that's a totenkopf deaths head, instead of the swastika?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

vuk83 posted:

Isn't it worse than DAK cosplay, cause that's a totenkopf deaths head, instead of the swastika?

Yeah I was just gonna say, there's some big "I heard you like Nazis so I put SS iconography in your Wehrmacht iconography" energy on display there.