Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

NutSack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Unfortunately Dragon's Dogma 2 is coming out and I've played nothing but Crawl all roguelike hell month.

it's been nice taking it easier this year

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tmfc posted:

NutSack

then why dont you love it?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah it's been a busy month for me too and I haven't had the time or energy to gently caress around with nethack's unix guy control settings bullshit. But I want to spend some time with it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I actually prefer console mode for drl but it's busted on win11. Tiles feels clunky

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i simply played so much qud i dont want to look at another roguelike for at least 3 months

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I was a little disappointed in my Mario 64 score until I realized it was random every time you refreshed

this is a sickening oversimplification but I simply don't have the time to explain the hundreds of complex algorithms I'm using to calculate these

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

screaming in frustration as my curare darts are deflected once more by a densely-orbiting gif of ronald mcdonald floating past purple mountains

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

: Die 25 Times

Never have any idea what I'm doing in Frozen Depths but it's cool. I made use of the start on level 8 option so I can stop getting killed by snow ants and start getting killed by walruses.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I was looking at my scores and realized that I did not actually earn this trophy. It felt like I lost a lot but I am too MLG to have died 25 times. Please remove this stolen valor.

took care of it

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

screaming in frustration as my curare darts are deflected once more by a densely-orbiting gif of ronald mcdonald floating past purple mountains

Fungah! posted:

all my cunningly laid spike, pit, dart, and rock traps triggered early by th horde of golden manbabies that surround their every move

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

as long as it's clear, thanks

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

lol

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

lmao

turn off signatures

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

took care of it

lmao

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

: Get a fortress

Was doing pretty well until I hit the Spellblaze boss. Archmage is cool until fights start outlasting its panic buttons.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I loving suck at caves of qud lol

it's like there's some stuff that I should know if I had played more of these games, I have no idea what i'm doing.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I will persevere, but like, I don't even know how to play it. It's like that first game experience they were going for in tunic, but dialed way up.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I think i killed a legendary but I didn't know so I didn't take a screenshot lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

it's like there's some stuff that I should know if I had played more of these games, I have no idea what i'm doing.

its ok, this is the intended expierence for all roguelikes lol theyre trial by fire and youre expected to learn whats dangerous by getting killed repeatedly

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Leadthumb posted:

I think i killed a legendary but I didn't know so I didn't take a screenshot lol

Hit J to bring up your journal, you can navigate through that and one of the sections should mention if you killed a named enemy.

The biggest early game thing you can do wrong in Qud is not start with at least 18 Toughness. After that try to get your AV to 4 or 5 as soon as possible. You will take a ton more damage before you fix that

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

TIME OVER for Illusion of Gaia, and the clock starts now for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Good luck imps!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

: Get a fortress

Was doing pretty well until I hit the Spellblaze boss. Archmage is cool until fights start outlasting its panic buttons.

That boss is a trap for caster classes imo. I just don't bother with it

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

: Unlock three classes or races

Game's finally starting to barely click, although I still constantly forget about half of my activated abilities. I can definitely see the Angband roots, this character's been cruising effortlessly through the first few dungeons until he ran into the wrong kind of sentient crystal and almost got exploded lol.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

welcome posted:

Game's finally starting to barely click

it shouldn't be doing this, check your exhaust manifold

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

Take Force Bubble for an easier start. Being able to snipe enemies from inside a box for a few turns will help you survive the first few levels.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Clive what in the absolute gently caress did you do this time. I'm glad I cloned him

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I was wandering through the marshes looking for the Consortium glowpad to learn his skill when I hit the jackpot.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I cannot keep this dog alive. Although....he is just lying there....

It's what he would have wanted.

His last revenge! Oh well, in for a penny

I also died on an orc prison level in the Gnomish Mines because I used a wand of teleportation and ended up inside the prison

Aston fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

: Get the Dagger of Time

contender for quickest trophy to get