Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
...yes. Dang it. This is like the third time I've mis-identified the two on a character.

Well, my bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Miki is also a great VA. Can’t think of any character he has done that I haven’t enjoyed.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Nobody's Domain Expansion gets them to play The Boys Are Back In Town because that would be, frankly, overpowered. Sukuna is terrified of the boys. But guess who just got back today?

Oddly enough, the Boys of Summer.

(Their domain expansion "Field of Dreams" will totally reframe the baseball training arc.)

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Asuron posted:

I’d be more concerned in the characters spot that he hit a black flash, it’s gonna him a complete refresh in his output. All the weakening that led to his RCT dropping is gonna be moot now.

It's just gonna make whatever Kusakabe pulls off look all the more impressive.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sukuna is going to be depressed into negative CE. Completely undone by having to face the awe inspiring power of “I just wanna go home, dude”

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Sukuna is going to be depressed into negative CE. Completely undone by having to face the awe inspiring power of “I just wanna go home, dude”

Ah, the Marvin route to victory.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

riding the high of his first "fight with purpose" sukuna will assume that kusakabe, as the last sorcerer standing, must represent an equal or greater challenge

this will prove to be his undoing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't wait for the airport in a few days.

"So how was the king of 1st grades?"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't agree that a burger is an appetizer, but found this funny

https://twitter.com/alego_cos/status/1767667625042063480

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
yuji's over here eating entire families of fetuses and they've got the nerve to say he's a nothing burger.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

TheHan posted:

yuji's over here eating entire families of fetuses and they've got the nerve to say he's a nothing burger.

Fratricide as well, let's not forget that element of it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
that post also calls burgers appetizers, which is delusional. a better analogy is that the sorcerers are all taco salads, yuta is a burrito, itadori is a caesar salad with ground beef in it for some reason and maki is syrup of ipecac

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
No break next week. Also, the Jujutsufolk discord server had to close the spoilers discussion channel for a while to stop the pedophilic and racist messages (their words, mind you, not mine). :kstare:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
pre scans are out for 254, nowhere i can easily link but easy find across discord/youtube/etc

It's ok to like this but I hope yall reading good mangas too

(will say this chapter is pretty funny though, can't hate on the gojo pose)

nm found https://imgur.com/a/rIKw0Ob

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
TY for link. And dang Gege really loves JJK0.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Taima posted:

pre scans are out for 254, nowhere i can easily link but easy find across discord/youtube/etc

Yeah I'm reading Jujutsu Kaisen

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 21, 2024

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Thumbs up to this chapter.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Wake me when something that matters happens

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Yeah this chapter is good.

gives Kusakabe a cool little moment without defying expectations or belaboring what we all knew would happen too much. I seem to remember Miguel taking quite a few punches from Gojo, so maybe he'll last for two chapters! I hope the distractions are done after that and we move on though, time to see the purpose of Ui Ui teleporting people back to get healed.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
lol at Miguel's lines at the end

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Taima posted:

Oh look, another chapter of "here is someone doing a whole fuckload of cool stuff while people talk about how awesome he i- and now he's down.

But hey, now we're to... let me check here... a vaguely memorable dude from JJK0.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

No break next week. Also, the Jujutsufolk discord server had to close the spoilers discussion channel for a while to stop the pedophilic and racist messages (their words, mind you, not mine). :kstare:

This makes a lot more sense now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Miguel is also Yuta’s mentor

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Miguel is also Yuta’s mentor

He is and he's, as written, a pretty big deal to show up in terms of power/potential. But in terms of actual presence he's a nonentity. Cool design, nice to see him, would much rather see any character we spent any remote amount of time with. I imagine he'll do something cool at least. Or maybe we'll open the next chapter and he'll be cut in half on the ground and we'll move to... let me check here... Inumaki! Hey, it's been a while since we've seen him. Sukuna took his arm, plenty of revenge room.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

quote:

Kusakabe has been dealing with Sukuna's slashes by reading his “sparks” of cursed energy, motion & just pure intuition.

gege alone is the honored shitposter etc etc

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I think it's funny as heck that Gege's pulling out increasingly obscure side characters from his magician's hat to get instantly slaughtered by Sukuna. It's an amazing bit

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

yum posted:

I think it's funny as heck that Gege's pulling out increasingly obscure side characters from his magician's hat to get instantly slaughtered by Sukuna. It's an amazing bit

Gege saw how dirty the movie did Miguel so he decided to bring him back

So he can do him dirtier :twisted:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

mabels big day posted:

This makes a lot more sense now.

Grim, resigned lol

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
I really love the meat grinder arc and I can't really explain why. Functionally it's not that different from Madara annihilating an entire army for fun and I thought that was tedious and lame but this just resonates with me for some reason. Sukuna is such a fun villain.

Caros
May 14, 2008

cgfreak posted:

I really love the meat grinder arc and I can't really explain why. Functionally it's not that different from Madara annihilating an entire army for fun and I thought that was tedious and lame but this just resonates with me for some reason. Sukuna is such a fun villain.

Helps that he isn't 100% no selling in the moment. The rough part of madara running over the majority of the cast (other than guy) is that he is never pushed.

Sukuna might have the dumb 'he isn't even trying' line but you can see him getting hurt and put on the back foot now and again in ways you don't ever see with madara who is an invincible zombie with invincible armor and unlimited energy to power his invincible armor.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

cgfreak posted:

its because sukuna is the real main character

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

In case you all haven't seen it people have uploaded the BD version of Sukuna vs. Mahoraga and it's kinda nuts

https://twitter.com/Ragnar_AY/status/1770802239310835946

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7696/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-254?date=22-3-2024-14

TCB is out

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
yay it looks nice and reads nice.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
stand proud, kusakabe. you're kind!

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Another "Nah, I'd win" added to my collection.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i wonder if Gege is a big Baki fan lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

cgfreak posted:

its way better than that imo. the only really fun part of the madara slaughter was guy vs madara, and the reason that was fun is because it let both characters look fairly sick in a way that made fans of them enjoy those chapters. every other interaction madara had was just "oops i win". at least in this sequence its similar, the "fodder" characters are getting to look pretty cool and the choreography is really good (imo)

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I just want to know what we're building towards. Surely after Miguel gets Sukuna'd in 10 panels, now that he's actively targeting Ui Ui we'll cut to the next scene and find out what that's all about. The roster is getting pretty thin, but I can't imagine that at the very least Maki or Yuji are down for the count. maybe if they keep wearing Sukuna down, Mei Mei will even decide it's in her best interest to participate.

it feels more and more like the Gojo cut requires more context than we were given, though. If Kusakabe is detecting Sukuna's intent and can predict the world cutter, not to mention all the stuff around it requiring an incantation, it just makes the jump to bisected Gojo feel weirder and weirder. At least tell us that he wasn't used to having to defend himself so he didn't even try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't think it needs that much explanation. He thought he was defending himself but his defense didnt work against that attack.