Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Kvlt! posted:

i like Phish but itd be hard to hear them play over the sound of the cars I think.

Pretty sure people just go to Phish shows to buy hallucinogens.

e: the old noses were cool/good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Tony quidprano posted:

I was thinking about this the other day, do you think everybody working at Philip Morris smokes? Would be cool to get a job there but I don't want to start smoking again.

A few years ago my employer sent a team to meet with them in New York. Even though smoking is banned indoors in NYC, you could smoke anywhere in their building.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

I'm watching 2011 Australia where they start the broadcast with a moment of silence for lives lost in Japan (Fukushima) that Martin Brundle talks over in its entirety (explaining the moment of silence).

It's quite incredible that someone can be doing something so badly for so long.

e: 2011 is also the year of HD broadcast resolution. huzzah.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

I'm a Marlboro livery traditionalist. You can't beat the classics (aside from that yellow Marlboro lights one Keke drove for like a year or something )

The awful Penske IndyCars ruined the Marlboro livery for me

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

2021 season re-watch status:

Forgot Marcipan. Everyone is making GBS threads on him from race 1, including the commentators. The only driver they will straight up shittalk.

"Ooh there goes marzipan - was afraid he wasn't gonna spin this race"

He is also so consistently poo poo that Mick shines so much in comparison its ridiculous...

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Was he the one who spun off on lap 1 in Bahrain

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

Was he the one who spun off on lap 1 in Bahrain

Yes, and lap 1 is overselling it. He crashed in turn 3

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The formation lap lasted longer than his entire race.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

SocksAndSandals posted:

I'm watching 2011 Australia where they start the broadcast with a moment of silence for lives lost in Japan (Fukushima) that Martin Brundle talks over in its entirety (explaining the moment of silence).

It's quite incredible that someone can be doing something so badly for so long.

e: 2011 is also the year of HD broadcast resolution. huzzah.

remember when he had his axis powers moment while talking about yuki and vettel and then he didn't show up on any broadcasts for a couplea weeks without any explanation.

also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ2h4YttTSs

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dude, Asian-American, please

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

refleks posted:

2021 season re-watch status:

Forgot Marcipan. Everyone is making GBS threads on him from race 1, including the commentators. The only driver they will straight up shittalk.

"Ooh there goes marzipan - was afraid he wasn't gonna spin this race"

He is also so consistently poo poo that Mick shines so much in comparison its ridiculous...

Yeah, might be the one where Croft, et al. were laughing at the Mazispin joke.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

https://x.com/evilscuderia/status/1770761145114054819?s=20

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
lol we need a fred smilie

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Pragmatica posted:

:thunkin:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I can confirm that while 9/10 doctors will tell you that smoking is unhealthy, 10/10 will admit it's pretty loving cool.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

We all love Big Fred and he's definitely cookin' up great things for 2026

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

:france:

gonna watch f3 practioce now instead of f1 practice later

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

gif optimization is for cowards and the feeder series are so much more fun to watch than the ~main show~

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grimson posted:

gif optimization is for cowards and the feeder series are so much more fun to watch than the ~main show~

lmao

pars
Sep 7, 2011

Tony quidprano posted:

I was thinking about this the other day, do you think everybody working at Philip Morris smokes? Would be cool to get a job there but I don't want to start smoking again.

I work for a different Big Tobacco company and the number of smokers is only slightly above average.

Long ago you could smoke anywhere in the office, now we just have smoking rooms in all offices.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

The KOOLS Andretti Green livery from CART also owns pretty hard.

Young me loved that livery, because I thought they were advertising Kool Mints

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Grimson posted:

I didn’t think Stroll could race in a feeder series as well as F1 in the same weekend?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
lmao that was during practice??

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Also I have some gossip on Big Valt!

Lady I work with is friends with Valtteri's girlfriend's mum. They are big into cycling like Valt/Tiff is.

Apparently he loves helping out at all the events she enters, if he isn't racing himself, and loves interacting with fans and is just an all-round great guy. She said there has been maybe 1-2 times where he has been avoiding interacting with people and that was just a case of pulling his hat down low, and even then would still stop with fans if they spotted him.

Also apparently loves joking/messing around with people at the events as well.

So, as we already knew, much like Sir Lewis, Big Valt owns!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Does he have a sauna with him in Australia?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

how do i watch feeder series in the us? i have f1tv are they on that?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Custard Undies posted:

Lady I work with is friends with Valtteri's girlfriend's mum. They are big into cycling like Valt/Tiff is.

Apparently he loves helping out at all the events she enters, if he isn't racing himself, and loves interacting with fans and is just an all-round great guy. She said there has been maybe 1-2 times where he has been avoiding interacting with people and that was just a case of pulling his hat down low, and even then would still stop with fans if they spotted him.

of course bottas is a legend, just look at him

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

pars posted:

I work for a different Big Tobacco company and the number of smokers is only slightly above average.

Long ago you could smoke anywhere in the office, now we just have smoking rooms in all offices.

Can you get me a job in the accounting/finance/investments department? tia

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

Does he have a sauna with him in Australia?

Like all Finns he has a foldable Sauna that he carries around with him at all times.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

how do i watch feeder series in the us? i have f1tv are they on that?

yeah f1tv streams all of them, but they dont tell you about it so the easiest way to get alerts about them is by adding them to your calendar through this service

https://f2cal.com/generate
https://f3calendar.com/generate
https://f1academycalendar.com/generate

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Custard Undies posted:

He's a genuine Aussie unlike that Monégasque fraud Ricciardo

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Grimson posted:

yeah f1tv streams all of them, but they dont tell you about it so the easiest way to get alerts about them is by adding them to your calendar through this service

https://f2cal.com/generate
https://f3calendar.com/generate
https://f1academycalendar.com/generate

ty!!

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Residency Evil posted:

I can confirm that while 9/10 doctors will tell you that smoking is unhealthy, 10/10 will admit it's pretty loving cool.

Correct.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Hey ladies

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Grimson posted:

was this a "hey gently caress you buddy" or just bad driving?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

big nipples big life posted:

was this a "hey gently caress you buddy" or just bad driving?

yep

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
hamilton reprising the vettel gimmick of being dogshit on track and being politicial is a sight to see

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
you guys enjoying this practice

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Honestly? Yeah, just glad F1’s back on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
someone is going to the barrier