Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

Sure but like a commercial building has a bunch of tenants in it, and the eventual buyer will want them still there probably. What does the sheriff do that wouldn’t be accomplished by the AG just telling the title registry or some other locus of paperwork to amend the ownership? What would the dead people have been opposing?

Once a property is seized, the new owner uses the sheriff to serve the eviction notice. In a practical sense, there wouldn't be anyone to evict, though, so it would just be a formality and possibly collecting keys and access codes from the facilities and security staff.

psydude fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
You would see sheriffs watching the moving team take all the poo poo out of his penthouse though.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I imagine it would be like hoarders

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Dumping his drawer of Sudafed into a banker’s box

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

psydude posted:

Once a property is seized, the new owner uses the sheriff to serve the eviction notice. In a practical sense, there wouldn't be anyone to evict, though, so it would just be a formality and possibly collecting keys and access codes from the facilities and security staff.

It's probably similar to what happens if you buy commercial real estate on loopnet.

You can buy already occupied properties from the old landlord, eg. Go buy a small commercial building that Bank of America is leasing, you own the building and the lot, and it happens that BofA has a 10-year lease remaining on it. As far as the tenant is concerned they write a check to New Owner LLC for the lease going forward depending on the state. From my experience, most business campuses and moderate to large properties are held in a property specific holding company to make it easier to buy/sell/transfer and to avoid a taxation event in some states (eg. Prop 13 in CA).

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Big K of Justice posted:

It's probably similar to what happens if you buy commercial real estate on loopnet.

You can buy already occupied properties from the old landlord, eg. Go buy a small commercial building that Bank of America is leasing, you own the building and the lot, and it happens that BofA has a 10-year lease remaining on it. As far as the tenant is concerned they write a check to New Owner LLC for the lease going forward depending on the state. From my experience, most business campuses and moderate to large properties are held in a property specific holding company to make it easier to buy/sell/transfer and to avoid a taxation event in some states (eg. Prop 13 in CA).

Yeah. Commercial real estate companies typically own properties through subsidiaries to make investment/divestment easier as well as provide additional layers of asset protection. The property manager would just have the tenants sign new leases with the new owner and call it a day.

But what's funny here is that structure is working against him, since he himself is personally liable, and I'm pretty sure the Trump Organisation is just an umbrella LLC, with Trump as a beneficial owner.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Just put some brown packaging paper around the ground floor of the structure then have the postal service swing by to stand guard while the collectors box everything up nicely.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
If it’s collateral on a mortgage and it’s seized I’m hoping the bank(s) just get the shaft and have no claim.

Some gently caress around and find out when you don’t do due diligence on your investment.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The big banks own politicians, so they'll get what they want in the end.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

M_Gargantua posted:

If it’s collateral on a mortgage and it’s seized I’m hoping the bank(s) just get the shaft and have no claim.

Some gently caress around and find out when you don’t do due diligence on your investment.

Haven't been a lawyer in a decade, was never a New York lawyer, definitely not your lawyer.

When property is sold off everyone with a claim against it is lined up based on the priority or seniority of their claim. After the money is collected from the judicial sale, the first priority claim gets paid off. If there is any money left over the next highest priority gets paid. This continues until either the money runs our or everyone gets paid and the remainder returned to the original owner.

A cursory reading of the New York rules suggest that a mortgage for the purchase of a property has higher priority than a judicial lien. So I think with low confidence that means if a bank lent the money to buy the property, then they gat paid ahead of New York, but New York gets paid ahead of any equity cash out loans.

In a way it's funnier if there are a lot of mortgages ahead of New York because that means they will have to sell off even more properties to get their money.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Soylent Pudding posted:

Haven't been a lawyer in a decade, was never a New York lawyer, definitely not your lawyer.

When property is sold off everyone with a claim against it is lined up based on the priority or seniority of their claim. After the money is collected from the judicial sale, the first priority claim gets paid off. If there is any money left over the next highest priority gets paid. This continues until either the money runs our or everyone gets paid and the remainder returned to the original owner.

A cursory reading of the New York rules suggest that a mortgage for the purchase of a property has higher priority than a judicial lien. So I think with low confidence that means if a bank lent the money to buy the property, then they gat paid ahead of New York, but New York gets paid ahead of any equity cash out loans.

In a way it's funnier if there are a lot of mortgages ahead of New York because that means they will have to sell off even more properties to get their money.

That right there sounds like a falling domino crashing into a house of cards and I'm really OK with that.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bird food bathtub posted:

That right there sounds like a falling domino crashing into a house of cards and I'm really OK with that.

Me too

Make it happen

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/NEWSMAX/status/1770835264232882195?t=MGc-_th0OB4ZuLaV2xr8Lg&s=19

Heeeeere we go. Granted, I'm not reading the actual article given the source, but given that the source is reporting it...

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

:airquote: let :airquote:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Hopefully the government gives it a makeover before reselling it

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CBJSprague24 posted:

Heeeeere we go. Granted, I'm not reading the actual article given the source, but given that the source is reporting it...

Their source was the New York Post and their source was John Barron.

Probably a bunch of steps that would have to happen first - like debtors exams, then it's off to liens and seizures. For all we know, Trump Tower could be leveraged all the way to the gold ceilings so there might not even be anything to seize. Really need to open the real books instead of the half-assed version he's probably been keeping for decades.

Grip it and rip it posted:

Hopefully the government gives it a makeover before reselling it

Per Serious Trouble, it would go in a firesale. Governments don't invest into poo poo, they just sell everything, fast, until the dollar value of restitution is raised.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'll believe it when the bailiffs move in, but man do I Want To Believe.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I want NY to go through his assets sheet sorted by “most valuable” and just start selling poo poo off until we hit like his watch or something to finally pay this thing off

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Same first thought.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/NEWSMAX/status/1770835264232882195?t=MGc-_th0OB4ZuLaV2xr8Lg&s=19

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

You could probably get more if you started selling “relics” to his deranged and devoted followers. A box of pens is a box of pens, but a box of pens used by Donald when writing a letter to get Mexico to pay for the wall… that goes in the shrine

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Crini posted:

You could probably get more if you started selling “relics” to his deranged and devoted followers. A box of pens is a box of pens, but a box of pens used by Donald when writing a letter to get Mexico to pay for the wall… that goes in the shrine

He could have done that after his presidency and made billions, that's what's so funny about all of this

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
The shrine itself being a table he once sat at or a chair he once shat himself in.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Milo and POTUS posted:

He could have done that after his presidency and made billions, that's what's so funny about all of this

He would have been fine after his presidency if he just shut the gently caress up and played GOP kingmaker after losing the election.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Flikken posted:

He would have been fine..... if he just shut the gently caress up

I mean this is an evergreen statement where he is concerned

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm starting to see some posts (nothing concrete yet) about GOP holding a press conference tomorrow (Friday) to denounce Mike Johnson and his actions surrounding the budget/CRs.

Apparently half assing your job is also against the GOP platform.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

He could have sold TRUMP brand n95s during his presidency, made millions, and gotten reelected.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CBJSprague24 posted:

“May let” or “will have no loving choice”?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Milo and POTUS posted:

There's only so much to grift frow low income rubes. Between his hats and NFTs and coins and shoes he's getting as much of your weird uncle's social security check as he's going to get. And based on the recent reporting of small dollar donations to his campaign, even that group is losing interest or getting tapped out.

The bigger grift for trump has been renting out event and hotel space he owns for party functions. Not to mention doing the same while he was president to funnel money from foreign governments with a wink and a nudge around the emoluments clause.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/17/trump-properties-made-over-17-million-from-campaign-rnc-since-2016.html
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-organization-settles-lawsuit-over-dc-hotel-payments-tied-inauguration-2022-05-03/
https://time.com/donald-trumps-suite-of-power/
https://www.npr.org/2022/11/14/1136682162/foreign-officials-750-000-dollars-trump-hotel-dc

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Crini posted:

I watched a recent video tour of Trump Tower last night on YouTube and all the retail spaces are various Trump gift shops, stores, restaurants, and bars.

In other words, "commercial real estate is dead and/or nobody wanted to set up shop here other than Starbucks so we had to put SOMETHING there".

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There's only so much to grift frow low income rubes. Between his hats and NFTs and coins and shoes he's getting as much of your weird uncle's social security check as he's going to get. And based on the recent reporting of small dollar donations to his campaign, even that group is losing interest or getting tapped out.

The bigger grift for trump has been renting out event and hotel space he owns for party functions. Not to mention doing the same while he was president to funnel money from foreign governments with a wink and a nudge around the emoluments clause.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/17/trump-properties-made-over-17-million-from-campaign-rnc-since-2016.html
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-organization-settles-lawsuit-over-dc-hotel-payments-tied-inauguration-2022-05-03/
https://time.com/donald-trumps-suite-of-power/
https://www.npr.org/2022/11/14/1136682162/foreign-officials-750-000-dollars-trump-hotel-dc

I got a YouTube pop up yesterday of Don Jr. asking people to donate "just $5". It was like one of those late night ads where you can sponsor a child in a 3rd world country for the cost of a cup of coffee a day. loving pathetic.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Surprise, surprise

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/update-us-billionaire-who-drowned-tesla-was-intoxicated-almost-3x-over-legal-limit-1724011

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

.233 BAC, can't say she didn't know how to party.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I am shocked.

...That she didn't have a driver (or a chopper?) on call to ferry her around when she's drunk as a fuckin skunk.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arrath posted:

I am shocked.

...That she didn't have a driver (or a chopper?) on call to ferry her around when she's drunk as a fuckin skunk.

B-but Elon sez it has full self driving

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

B-but Elon sez it has full self driving

It self drove right into the lake. Not Tesla's fault- she set the voice to Michael Scott.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Arrath posted:

I am shocked.

I really don’t understand being a billionaire and driving an electric rattle box instead of something like a Taycan. That’s enough money to be carried on a divan on stout shoulders, too.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

But Musk is the richest man on the planet and he literally lives like that dirtbag friend who keeps begging to sleep on your couch so I guess I don’t understand new money

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looking like NYAG's first target is Trump National (golf course)

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2024-03-21/new-york-poised-to-seize-trump-golf-course-and-estate-in-westchester-county

But hey, he made a joint fundraising agreement with the RNC, called such because the old RNC would've had to be high to sign it

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1770930448601952617?t=E0sHrszegqQAjVqASCWAxA&s=19

quote:

The order in which entities will receive funds from big donors through what is known as the Trump 47 Committee was disclosed in the fine print of an invitation to a big dinner next month in Palm Beach, Fla., where top donors are asked to contribute up to $814,600 per person to attend.

The invitation shows that the first $6,600 donated will go to Mr. Trump’s campaign. The next $5,000 will go to his Save America PAC, which paid more than $50 million in legal and investigation-related bills for Mr. Trump in 2023. The $5,000 amount is the maximum that federal rules say can be contributed to Save America by an individual.

After that, the R.N.C. gets the next $413,000, followed by dozens of state parties.

In practice, what that means is that even modestly large contributors — anything above $6,600 — will fund the account that Mr. Trump has used to defray legal costs. And the fund-raising agreement came as Save America, which has averaged roughly $5 million a month in legal payments for Mr. Trump and witnesses in his cases, is on course to run low on funds as the spring ends.

daddy gets first taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

I really don’t understand being a billionaire and driving an electric rattle box instead of something like a Taycan. That’s enough money to be carried on a divan on stout shoulders, too.

Yeah you can bet your rear end that if I had that kind of gently caress you money I'd either go out like Kobe on an ill advised flight, or ripped limb from limb like a British imperial administrator when the mutinieers catch up to the handful of loyalists carrying my planquin away from The Trouble.