Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Put it in a treasure chest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Waffleman_ posted:

:doh: Of course!

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Is the One Piece complete series just gonna come in it's own shelf?

Waffleman_ posted:

That's pretty much what I'm using. A wooden cupboard/cabnet that I previously used to store various marvel and DC omnibuses and absolute editions.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

I cannot imagine an ending I'd actually hate, unless Luffy dies

Just wait till one of his friends dies, then we’ll see ssj7

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://imgur.com/a/iXpqzv2

translated chapter is here but it's not even lovely scans this time it's worse so be warned

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Hell yes let’s loving go

post-read edit:

quality is photos of the comic book but the photos are pretty good tbh. translation is basic but isn't so bad.

good chapter

Holy loving poo poo that was amazing, i don't even know where to start. gear fifth is so, so good. these next 3 weeks are going to be eternity. the fuckin ROBOT IS TALKING TO JOYBOY

vvvvv :same: vvvvvv

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 22, 2024

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lih posted:

translated chapter is here but it's not even lovely scans this time it's worse so be warned

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

lih posted:

:stare: good lord

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Last 2 chapters are pretty god tier for this arc, and the manga as a whole

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Holy gently caress

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Jiro posted:

I really hope he's joking about figuring out what the One Piece actually is..............

He means it as in what is One Piece actually all about. It reads to me like he wants to better understand what he’s trying to do with One Piece and if he’s strayed away from it

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
It would actually own if Oda had no idea what the One Piece is, was telling a fib when he said he had everything worked out and was actually just making it up as he goes asking really well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Asuron posted:

He means it as in what is One Piece actually all about. It reads to me like he wants to better understand what he’s trying to do with One Piece and if he’s strayed away from it
He was joking.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

No Wave posted:

He was joking.

He’s not joking insomuch as he is the one piece and he’s been writing one piece for so long he doesn’t know himself.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

lih posted:

Looking forward to reading this great chapter two more times this weekend. :getin:

Holy gently caress Luffy's powers are so amazing when he goes full-on Looney Tunes. Whittling a bat with his teeth, taking the time to paint it, summoning a baseball helmet. Just to deflect an attack. And it worked pretty well! Just sucks that the Elders are basically taking no real damage.

Kizaru still seems like he's regretting this. "Deep wounds", etc.

It really seems like we're going to Elbaf next and I get the feeling that's gonna be the big lore dump to end all lore dumps in this story.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

:sickos: this entire chapter is a banger

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

DizzyBum posted:

Looking forward to reading this great chapter two more times this weekend. :getin:

Holy gently caress Luffy's powers are so amazing when he goes full-on Looney Tunes. Whittling a bat with his teeth, taking the time to paint it, summoning a baseball helmet. Just to deflect an attack. And it worked pretty well! Just sucks that the Elders are basically taking no real damage.

Kizaru still seems like he's regretting this. "Deep wounds", etc.

It really seems like we're going to Elbaf next and I get the feeling that's gonna be the big lore dump to end all lore dumps in this story.

yeah the bat is so good lol. it's wild how much gear five has improved fight scenes

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Man you were not kidding about the......."scan"...quality, this is something else alright

Luffy making a baseball bat and helmet is so good

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

lih posted:

drat. Amazing. Good translation too, but as others have said, it's a terrible scan quality- just photos of the pages. I think one page even had panels cut off on the top.

But the chapter...

Lucci got praised! I couldn't help but feel good for him. Scenes of a horrible lackey to an evil organization being told "good job" seem uncommon. Usually there's not so much positive reinforcement, to help present these kinds of people as evil. But of course here it was used to good effect to set up Lucci pleading for Kaku's life, only to be told "poo poo's gonna happen, don't get your hopes up."

Gear 5th baseball was great, as was the attack knocking his eyes and scar off and the giants having to put him back together. Gear 5 is a lot of fun.

I like that Sanji's the one coordinating everyone. That's something he's good at.

The giant bird monster asking York where the transmission is coming from is great. The Gorosei are having to get their hands dirty at last, but they're actually being pretty intelligent and effective. It's easy to imagine the Strawhats getting away at this point, but there's still real tension because it feels like the Gorosei have a good shot at shutting off the transmission.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Dear almighty TCB-sama, please deliver us from the evil of people reading photographs of the chapter lying open on someone’s desk

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Great chapter, I’m satisfied with a long break after this one

jk I didn’t read it lol you won’t catch me dead reading those poo poo scans

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cat Machine posted:

Dear almighty TCB-sama, please deliver us from the evil of people reading photographs of the chapter lying open on someone’s desk

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
They were nice scans, made by someone considerate who cared about getting you some One Piece on a cold morning.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

chapter... was excellent

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

Its like reading them in real life!!!!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I got a brief look at this week's chapter at the One Piece factory through a set of binoculars. Here are my sketches of what the chapter approximately looked like:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I got a brief look at this week's chapter at the One Piece factory through a set of binoculars. Here are my sketches of what the chapter approximately looked like:

there used to be sketches included with the rough summary a few leakers ago

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Caidin posted:

They were nice scans, made by someone considerate who cared about getting you some One Piece on a cold morning.

They didn't even centre their phone on the page.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I think I finally get how this roughly goes,

Five Elders are invincible here, destroy the Lab-o-phase/Vegapunk completely
Turns out the real transmitter is his head / he was recording them doing so / something else. Guy's gotta get the last laugh
Strawhats go to Elbaf to discover some ancient legend that explains how to damage them
????

Chapter rules.

One thing that'll be key is that the Giants will probably only have a religious idea of what happened, not the exact thing. So we're still probably due for two lore drops of Joy Boy. The actual events, and the legend passed down. Or maybe not if Oda really does want to just end the story within his lifetime.

Mr.3 stocks through the roof

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 22, 2024

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Cat Machine posted:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Caidin posted:

Photos taken and translated with love, for us.... what's better than that

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cat Machine posted:

Hey it's a nice desk

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

okay so we got giants, fishmen, lunarians and buccaneers. Maybe the D is just will of diversity. Cant wait to se how the long arm/long leg tribes fit in to the prophecy.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Its like reading them in real life!!!!
G5 Luffy gonna come out the page like

https://youtu.be/6XvXsuSJ-1A?feature=shared

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:same:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Weak is not being able to handle anything but a pristine lab-grown scan :zoro:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
if any of u follow competitive pokemon i am in the smogon one piece discord and one of the regulars, a big goofball of a man, keeps getting the shittiest loving spanish toilet paper scans and then he translates THOSE and then posts a pdf for the rest of us. i crack up every time, it's like we're a bunch of addicts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
God drat is one piece good