Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I could see Dawn sneaking into the final over Q if she gets a duff challenge. I don't think it's likely but it's possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pan Dulce posted:

I'm actually asking this as a refresher to myself: besides the sewing challenges, of which there have been three, is Q good at acting or comedy? Because I distinctly remember her sucking at dancing, obviously, but want to know if she really is all that much better than Dawn or Morphine.

I mean, if I'm gonna criticize Mh'iya for being a one-trick pony, I really should critique the other. It just seems like an unfair season because of the strike in that it skews toward the fashion queens and those that can dance.

I don't think anybody involved in the production of the show is a member of either the writer's or the actor's unions, and I don't see how that would have affected things.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The way Q acts on social media makes me think she gets Loosey'd

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Pan Dulce posted:

I'm actually asking this as a refresher to myself: besides the sewing challenges, of which there have been three, is Q good at acting or comedy? Because I distinctly remember her sucking at dancing, obviously, but want to know if she really is all that much better than Dawn or Morphine.

I mean, if I'm gonna criticize Mh'iya for being a one-trick pony, I really should critique the other. It just seems like an unfair season because of the strike in that it skews toward the fashion queens and those that can dance.

I guess its unfair in terms of what contestants are expecting coming into the season: Typically there are 1-2 sewing challenges and 2-3 acting challenges, but I would say I find the sewing challenges more of a comprehensive test of multiple talents (both ability to construct a look but also their sense of fashion and style, and ability to walk a runway and serve a look), while the acting challenges are generally....less interesting for me as a viewer and less representative of a queen's talents (they are at the mercy of writing and roles).

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

gandlethorpe posted:

The way Q acts on social media makes me think she gets Loosey'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrBsIdrJfYo&t=1903s

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Nihonniboku posted:

I don't think anybody involved in the production of the show is a member of either the writer's or the actor's unions, and I don't see how that would have affected things.

I'm not sure either, but at Roscoe's they asked Mh'iya if the amount of sewing challenges had to do with the strike, she brushed the question off. The host said, "Oh that's the NDA talking."

I just assumed that meant they knew less writers were around.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

thats beyond fundamental levels of reading into it. hooked on phonics tier take

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

Q’s talent show was good and she has been in the top for the comedy/acting challenges but I thought she was overpraised in them. That being said she wasn’t bad; I just find her kinda awkward.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

just remembered mhi’ya saying goodbye sister you’re leaving next to a nonplussed nymphia at the beginning of last week’s episode and having a schad chuckle

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Shangela is in trouble apparently

https://www.avclub.com/shangela-accused-assault-rupauls-drag-race-1851345859

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

excuse your mouth

I 100% think this is the only rusical worth watching, any rusical where they don't make the queens sing is POINTLESS! :mad: The Joan Crawford one was alright, didn't mind it. A lot of the rusicals are just dogshit songs and storytelling, like the Moulin Rouge one? garrrbaggge!

garthoneeye posted:

Q’s talent show was good and she has been in the top for the comedy/acting challenges but I thought she was overpraised in them. That being said she wasn’t bad; I just find her kinda awkward.

I don't think Q has good....stage presence. I don't really agree with the judges that she deserved the top placement in those comedy challenges. I also have to say, kind of disappointed by her runways. Her entrance look and first runway were fantastic, but a lot of the others have been kind of just well executed but not much substance, to me. Her 80s look was fabulous of course.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

Also I have just realized that RPDR is basically LGBTQ+ Apprentice. This revelation is brought to you by the gummy I took a while ago that was stronger than I thought.

You're pussy is on fired!

I've heard that Shangela had multiple accusers but this is the first time I think I've seen them named. Rolling Stone 'broke' the story before the avclub piece in an article written by one of Sherry Pie's victims, incidentally. There is just too much smoke for there not to be a fire on this one, but I have a hard time seeing Shangela get the Sharon treatment at this point. What a mess. I hope the victims find peace, but I have a bad feeling given how absolutely wild a lot of the DR community is online.

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 19, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pan Dulce posted:

Agree! Her accent was BAD. I felt loving awkward listening to it. And seriously, to use it when an Asian comic is there? I -hated- that he said "Asian excellence" to describe her after she basically made a Mickey Rooney impersonation. I'm not Asian, but I'm Hispanic and I would have HATED Geneva making a Slowpoke Rodriguez accent had she made it that far.

Also, :byewhore: to Mhiya. Talking a big game about lipsyncing when all you really did was go against weak queens AND she resorts to petty bullshit like throwing her cape over a queen? WTF. That was gross and a heinous way to go out. Very weak tea. Kind of reminds me of Mimi Imfurst's antics. You do not touch other queens, costumes included!

Am Chinese, can confirm I have relatives that sound like her accent. It was funny and it's extra funny seeing non Asians shift in their seats about it.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Excuse me I just found out Mhi'ya is 35 and doing those flips while my wife and I limp around the house if we sleep incorrectly so I'm just gonna go walk in the woods, it's been fun y'all.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I just thought about how the best opportunity to ever do Fergie's rendition of the national anthem as a lip sync would've been for the political challenge and am even more mad that we got what we got.

Noise Machine posted:

Excuse me I just found out Mhi'ya is 35 and doing those flips while my wife and I limp around the house if we sleep incorrectly so I'm just gonna go walk in the woods, it's been fun y'all.

Mhi'ya, Sapphira, and Xunami are all around the same age but present totally differently. It's wild to me

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Watching snatch games on foreign seasons is completely bewildering. It's like being on another planet.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Sapphira and m'hiya being about the same age tracks but I refuse to believe xunami is also mid 30s

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

G-Mawwwwwww posted:

Watching snatch games on foreign seasons is completely bewildering. It's like being on another planet.

Tbf now you know how we feel watching d tier real housewife franchise impressions

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Tbf now you know how we feel watching d tier real housewife franchise impressions

I live here in America and still don't know half of the impressions because I'm old as gently caress.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

I live here in America and still don't know half of the impressions because I'm old as gently caress.

Honestly if you're smart you should do a boomer rear end impression (as long as you can do it!) to impress ru

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Preview time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX75fljn9ks

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm so glad we're back on the site of one of Drag Race's best moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBjvH9qie90

:allears:

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I don't like the hip and thigh cut-out thing that Dawn does all the time. It just bothers me for some reason.

edit: Nymphia, holy poo poo

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 23, 2024

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Yeah I don't know half the judge's either.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Tonight

Winner: Very well deserved, they were clearly above the rest of the competition this week.

Loser: I actually think they needed another year or two before joining the show. They have a good foundation, but needed more time to marinate to really stand out.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm so glad we're back on the site of one of Drag Race's best moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBjvH9qie90

:allears:

:emptyquote:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

That was the biggest slaughter since like Denali vs Kahmora

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I actually thought Nymphia and Dawn had the best concept, but Sapphira and Plane were definitely the best duo of the night.

Next ep is the makeover challenge and I feel like there's just no way Morphine's going home on that. And I think Sapphira/Nymphia/Plane are a lock for the finale. I'm thinking Q might be the Loosey of the season.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I need Carson to be a permanent judge or something. He’s easily the better than Ross Matthews and he was hilarious this week in the challenge and stuck to the character much better than Michelle. He was even funnier than half of the queens this episode.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

blizzardvizard posted:

I actually thought Nymphia and Dawn had the best concept, but Sapphira and Plane were definitely the best duo of the night.

Next ep is the makeover challenge and I feel like there's just no way Morphine's going home on that. And I think Sapphira/Nymphia/Plane are a lock for the finale. I'm thinking Q might be the Loosey of the season.

They just gotta say she has no family resemblance or they look to much alike and she's gone.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

jimmydalad posted:

I need Carson to be a permanent judge or something. He’s easily the better than Ross Matthews and he was hilarious this week in the challenge and stuck to the character much better than Michelle. He was even funnier than half of the queens this episode.

Yeah the more I see Ross on screen the more I realise he has a schtick where he's an adorable squirrel Dom and that's it

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Carson and Michelle goofing around was probably my favorite part of the whole challenge, it seemed like they were genuinely just having fun and I really love that. Also, that lipsync was basically anal vore. That bitch ate her with her rear end. Just sucked her right up. Goddamn.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
It was a slaughter, and I was seriously uncomfortable for Dawn. She was reduced to doing Q's backwards all-fours twerk. Girl, you've GOTTA know by now to wear something that lets you lip sync and wild out.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I honestly thought Dawn would have a detachable bottom half of the skirt for all those cutouts she favors. But she was bodied hardcore by Morphine. Florida girls don’t play with lipsyncs!

As for UkvTW, they’re setting up for Tia Kofi to win, which, granted, everyone is epic, but Marina man… she’s next level fierce. She deserves to win.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I haven't seen production rig a lip sync that hard since Jinkx vs. Detox. Good lord. The winner probably didn't even need to learn the lyrics.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Pan Dulce posted:

As for UkvTW, they’re setting up for Tia Kofi to win, which, granted, everyone is epic, but Marina man… she’s next level fierce. She deserves to win.

Agreed. I'm #TeamTia all the way but it should really be Marina.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

I’m not convinced it’s being set up for Tia. She legitimately did the best this episode and the final was announced to be a lip sync smackdown and the only one Tia has a chance against first round is LGD. And even then, I think they’ll give it to Marina if it’s Tia and Marina final 2. Which is it what it should be, they’ve both been great this season but Marina is next level.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Honestly I am surprised that Shirley Manson (Garbage) has not been on it. (Or has she and I missed it?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ppiohVRZ0s

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

She would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Absolutely losing my poo poo at almost everything Hannah did in the latest UK vs the world.