Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Speaking of goalers rockin out, Jack Campbell has a .920 sv% in the AHL. Someone really should trade for him this summer!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Good soup! posted:

Chuck Fletcher, come on down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po4adxJxqZk

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Speaking of goalers rockin out, Jack Campbell has a .920 sv% in the AHL. Someone really should trade for him this summer!!!

Yeah, the Oilers should

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

grack posted:

Yeah, the Oilers should

Sorry but you'll see that Calvin Pickard is now good

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I remember being a little sad when Pickard got selected from the Avs in the Vegas expansion draft because I had a weird Stockholm syndrome attachment to everyone from that 48-point team. I'm glad he's doing okay in Edmonton

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

UPL had something like a .930 since January first. Its not wild to think if that continued through the end of the season he'd have ended up in the mix for that third spot.

Yeah he was something like first in SV% and second in GAA since Jan 1st before last night. Not sure how that looks now but probably not great!

That was the only game in which he gave up more than 4 goals since maybe that idiotic CBJ game where they lost 9-4 (he had 5 of the 9 goals iirc) and he’s only given up more than three like three times since Jan 1st. Idk what happened in the third period last night but it was hosed up.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Oilers dominated most of the game. Once the Oilers grabbed the lead the Sabres started really pushing up and the Oilers killed them for it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Goalie good until goalie not good that's how it works. Next you'll tell me Tristan Jarry isn't completely fraudulent and to relax Rex he's good now. This time. We promise.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Unless something drastically changes, the Flyers will have finished the last 3 seasons with the worst power play in the league. It's incomprehensible how bad it is. It's like they literally don't know how to play hockey for upwards of 2 minutes. They hired Rocky Thompson to fix it and after almost 2 full seasons it's gotten worse. How does a dead-last power play get worse

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Oilers dominated most of the game. Once the Oilers grabbed the lead the Sabres started really pushing up and the Oilers killed them for it.

That’s exactly what happened in that one Columbus game, to similar results! Except it’s way more embarrassing to get dunked on by Columbus.

At the very least, we know UPL is gonna be their #1 guy going forward. Not sure if they’ll try to have Levi as the backup or keep him in Rochester so he can keep getting starts, but Comrie won’t stick around considering how the team has treated him.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Kucherov with another 4 point night. He's on pace for over 140. Remember when no one broke 90 points

Right now, the top-3 are on pace to hit

Kucherov: 145
MacKinnon: 139
McDavid: 138

I like when players are scoring again.

It's also possible that McDavid becomes or ties for the third-quickest player to 1000 points. If he keeps up this pace, he will have 988 points in 649 games. Bossy hit 1000 in 656 games. So, McDavid would need 12 points in 7 games to tie Bossy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Goalie good until goalie not good that's how it works. Next you'll tell me Tristan Jarry isn't completely fraudulent and to relax Rex he's good now. This time. We promise.

The lesson is that you should never get emotionally involved in your favorite team. You could be the President’s Trophy winning team and then your goalie changes from god mode to utter trash one random night and next thing you know you’re getting swept in round one of the playoffs.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Don’t appreciate the way you’re talking about Team Canadas olympic goalie

A better example would be

https://x.com/markhmasters/status/1771200392748994768?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Tristan Jarry is good now. maybe somebody might actually trade for him in the offseason

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I've noticed that several of the best all-time scoring players (by per game stats) have fewer than 1000 games played. They played none or relatively few games past age 33 so their per game averages aren't lowered by those latter seasons. Of the player with 1000+ games, obviously Gretzky is the top. It's crazy that he's at 1.92 while everyone else is below 1.31 pts/gm.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

shyduck posted:

Unless something drastically changes, the Flyers will have finished the last 3 seasons with the worst power play in the league. It's incomprehensible how bad it is. It's like they literally don't know how to play hockey for upwards of 2 minutes. They hired Rocky Thompson to fix it and after almost 2 full seasons it's gotten worse. How does a dead-last power play get worse

It won’t fix the problem but firing rocky thompson would be a good start

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

counterpoint

https://www.sportsnet.ca/ahl/video/jack-campbell-lets-in-very-fluky-penalty-shot-goal-vs-wranglers/

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Mr. Kite posted:

I've noticed that several of the best all-time scoring players (by per game stats) have fewer than 1000 games played. They played none or relatively few games past age 33 so their per game averages aren't lowered by those latter seasons. Of the player with 1000+ games, obviously Gretzky is the top. It's crazy that he's at 1.92 while everyone else is below 1.31 pts/gm.

My friend said that in the 80's his hockey pool had to split up Gretzky's goals and assists and treat them as separate players so that whoever had him in their pool wouldn't run away with it every time.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He's back, baby

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://x.com/NHL_Sid/status/1771276745603215811?s=20

Still frustrated that Edmonton basically turned their team from middling to great in one move with that deal while Dubas shelled out more on two months of Ryan O’Reilly

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

drat they came up about 10 games short on that tom wilson suspension huh

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

Considering 10 years ago they gave Zach Kassian two more games for basically the same thing you could call it a little light, yeah

e: for reference, he sheared three of Gregor’s teeth in half

https://x.com/itsmitchmarney/status/1771254719253553261?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

Koopa Kid fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 22, 2024

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

Yeah, I was expecting 10.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Considering 10 years ago they gave Zach Kassian two more games for basically the same thing you could call it a little light, yeah

e: for reference, he sheared three of Gregor’s teeth in half

https://x.com/itsmitchmarney/status/1771254719253553261?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

I don't mind the leafs' current lines but bert-domi-gregor should happen soon.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

New offseason game for somebody is construct an NHL team with the fewest teeth in the league

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/broadcastben_/status/1771214333902454890?s=20

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Yeah, I was expecting 10.

For Tom Wilson, the personal hero of everyone involved in running the NHL? lol and lmao.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Doesn’t pass the sniff test. They tried the same poo poo when the Washington Football Team moved to Maryland. It’s just legal posturing that won’t go anywhere.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Fuckin' 1.76 GAA and a .946 SV%. Allen why weren't you putting up those numbers for the Habs????

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Because gently caress you that's why

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Because gently caress you that's why

I mean, fair enough

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

On the flip side being bad for Montreal is good because draft position. And he was excellent against the Pens the other night which also is good because they should get in the bin.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Allen will turn into a pumpkin sooner or later, he always does.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://x.com/dimfilipovic/status/1771336814072139797?s=46&t=UiTVuiDvpkwYqlzJnMDbJA

Milano has been a fun pickup for Washington

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I knew Ovi was hot but I didn't realize he was at 16 goals in the last 23 games. Good lord.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Holy gently caress that had to be the hardest 2 points the Caps have earned all season.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Game was cool though. I wish I had bought tickets like I was considering doing

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Fuckin' 1.76 GAA and a .946 SV%. Allen why weren't you putting up those numbers for the Habs????

*gestures at the rest of montreal's roster*

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Game was cool though. I wish I had bought tickets like I was considering doing

Yeah that was easily their most entertaining game of the year.

They still aren't good but it is fun seeing Ovechkin score again and seeing some of their young guys play even if none of them project to be anything special. Sure beats the product from earlier in the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I’m so glad that game was on TV in Canada. So fun.