Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

loving lmao, yeah, the Apple's really quaking in their boots over the Razr and Moto. Great job listing multiple products from the same manufacturer, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Vib Rib posted:

loving lmao, yeah, the Apple's really quaking in their boots over the Razr and Moto. Great job listing multiple products from the same manufacturer, too.

The primary disingenuousness is that the suit is over the integration of the iPhone and its control over connected services, application and functions, the "ecosystem," not direct market control via the phone itself. And of course, as usual, monopolistic and anticompetitive practices of market power don't require the total absence of competing products.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-sues-apple-monopolizing-smartphone-markets

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
"drat, that's a fine panel. *copy pastes it five times* And some people think I can't make multi panel cartoons..."

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

British industry to receive nearly $5 billion from Australia to help build nuclear-powered submarines in Adelaide (ABC).

Rowe:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Kevin Rudd is known to go on sweary rants, a few have been leaked over the years.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

The Republicans have gone so far to the right that being opposed to Trump makes you a RINO. A... A Goo-- (thows up slightly in mouth) An Accurate Cartoon.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Ann Telnaes

Carlos Latuff

"They will pay for it!"

The attackers seem to be ISIS. I wonder who Latuff really thinks is responsible and what he thinks Russia will do to them?

Oh, right, he reposted this cartoon right after, because clearly it's the perfidious United States behind the bombing along with the Ukrainians (who are all nazis). This is definitely a very sane and well-justified point of view to hold currently. Lest you think I might be assuming too much from him reposting this cartoon, he added the following text:

Carlos Latuff posted:

BREAKING: ISIS claims responsibility for #Moscow attack.
Just remembering who the boss of ISIS is...

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

Horsey returning to his roots here.

David M. Hitch

Jeff Danziger

Not feeling SUPER great about this one, in isolation.

Jimmy Margulies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Lisa Benson

Mike Smith

Patrick Chappatte

Pedro X. Molina

Rivers

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Only imbeciles would ever vote for Trump. AGC

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Love to follow up my visual screed on my opponents' legendary gullibility with a screed about Deep State™ conspiracies.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Technowolf posted:

Kellies nomination: Worst False Equivalence

"Biden has done bad things!"
"Trump has also done bad things, promises to do more bad things, and would gleefully do this bad thing but even worse than Biden does."
"SHUT UP!"

It is a flavor of dipshittery I more equate with centrists than whatever the gently caress Rall is, but some people have just a complete lack of pattern recognition and get hostile when you point out things like "somehow I don't think the aggressive white nationalist is acting in good faith when bringing up alleged plagiarism" or "I do not think Trump will be less terrible than Biden at this" or "I am not particularly interested in the opinion of BasedKekistani1488 about Sweet Baby." The super short version being "Sweet Baby is a consulting firm for making video games more diverse, the latest iteration of Gamer Gate is filling their diapers over it.

And, as I'm sure has been brought up in this thread before: anything people remotely on our side of the political spectrum (which, according to Rall, includes him; his behavior doesn't bear this out but we'll take him at his word for now) consider good about Biden, Trump will do stuff they consider bad. Anything they consider Biden bad about, Trump will be devastatingly worse on.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Rall is embodying the outer limits of a bad faith argument of an expanded counterfactual; it's hard to be more transparently bad faith than an absolute counterfactual denying all inference. It's like saying "you can't prove we're not all just brains being fed a simulation, and outside the simulation trump is great."

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Why does Bernie have 6 arms? Does he always have 6 arms in a Hitch cartoon?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Carlos Latuff

"They will pay for it!"

The attackers seem to be ISIS. I wonder who Latuff really thinks is responsible and what he thinks Russia will do to them?

Oh, right, he reposted this cartoon right after, because clearly it's the perfidious United States behind the bombing along with the Ukrainians (who are all nazis). This is definitely a very sane and well-justified point of view to hold currently. Lest you think I might be assuming too much from him reposting this cartoon, he added the following text:

Remember that this is the cartoon he posted on october 7th:

Latuff can go gently caress himself.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Wuxi posted:

he talks a lot with his hands, I guess? by Hitch standards this is a downright reasonable creative decision

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I'd rather see 4 superfluous arms than 4 superfluous people

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Wuxi posted:

Bernie Sanders is an avatar of Guanyin who has 1000 arms to compassionately grant all people their needs, obviously.
ABC, A Buddhism Cartoon

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wuxi posted:

He has become death, destroyer of worlds.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

MechaCrash posted:

It is a flavor of dipshittery I more equate with centrists than whatever the gently caress Rall is, but some people have just a complete lack of pattern recognition and get hostile when you point out things like "somehow I don't think the aggressive white nationalist is acting in good faith when bringing up alleged plagiarism" or "I do not think Trump will be less terrible than Biden at this" or "I am not particularly interested in the opinion of BasedKekistani1488 about Sweet Baby." The super short version being "Sweet Baby is a consulting firm for making video games more diverse, the latest iteration of Gamer Gate is filling their diapers over it.

And, as I'm sure has been brought up in this thread before: anything people remotely on our side of the political spectrum (which, according to Rall, includes him; his behavior doesn't bear this out but we'll take him at his word for now) consider good about Biden, Trump will do stuff they consider bad. Anything they consider Biden bad about, Trump will be devastatingly worse on.

Stating “Trump can’t be worse on Gaza” ignores that he has said that “Israel needs to finish the job”, ignores that during his term he encouraged the worst of Israel’s expansionist ambitions, such as moving our embassy to Jerusalem. It’s exaggerating what Biden is doing and turning Trump into some moderate or pacifist.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on James Cleverly’s expensive Rwanda flight – It cost £165,000 for the home secretary to hire a private jet to make a flight to Kigali to sign the government’s deportation deal"

Telegraph:

Sir Keir Starmer leads calls for Nike to change St George’s Cross on England kit back to red

Independent:

After Magritte.

The i paper:

Times:

Israel-Gaza latest: Russia and China veto US call for immediate ceasefire

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Amjad Rasmi

Bob Englehart

Carlos Latuff

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

Mike Smith

Monte Wolverton

Rick McKee

Rivers

Walt Handelsman

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 24, 2024

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

You've got some Smith in your Wolverton, I'm afraid.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

What a odd thing for someone not published in physical newspapers to think about.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

You've got some Smith in your Wolverton, I'm afraid.

Fixed!

DalaranJ posted:

What a odd thing for someone not published in physical newspapers to think about.

Well, also, the answer is "you just put him in there, people do it all the time and nobody really cares".

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

idonotlikepeas posted:

Fixed!

Well, also, the answer is "you just put him in there, people do it all the time and nobody really cares".

Yup. there is a ton of Jesus in newspapers strips and editorial comics, especially around Easter. However, it's important to people like Rivers that they pretend they are doing something dangerous and subversive. Their entire world view is built around being persecuted.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I dont know posted:

Yup. there is a ton of Jesus in newspapers strips and editorial comics, especially around Easter. However, it's important to people like Rivers that they pretend they are doing something dangerous and subversive. Their entire world view is built around being persecuted.

It's kind of sad that they can't even enjoy the celebration of things they care about, they literally turn a blind eye to it

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yeah why is it both sides refuse to do anything about immigration reform?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I dont know posted:

see also: All of the Facebook posts about how "I am one of the handful of people not afraid to say Merry Christmas and the Pledge of Allegiance. Nobody has ever actually tried to stop me from saying either of those things, but they tell me to quit trying to force everyone else to say it, so really I'm the brave Rebel here."

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Hey so I've been the guy regularly posting Garrison but due to personal matters I don't know if I can do it consistently anymore. Is anyone else willing to take up this "fun" task?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Ah yes, the one thing Christians won't be offended by- Pagan symbols.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Going up and down by Li Min

Continued military aid to Ukraine by Cai Meng

Removing key pillar by Li Min

Hidden agenda by Cai Meng

Nuclear-contaminated monster by Cai Meng

Le Monde

by Herrmann from Switzerland
Putin wins re-election with 87% of the vote
"Doesn't that make it a bit too democratic?"

Gaza au bord de la famine/Gaza on the verge of famine by Osama Hajjaj from Jardon

by Paresh from India
"Will it soon be all destroyed?"
Boat:Last Chance Tourism

Préparation aux JO/Preparing for the Olympics by Micaël for La Croix Hebdo

"Dear Passengers, this is a test in preparation for the Olympics..."

by Stellina from Taiwan

Brésil : Rio ne respire plus/ Brazil: Rio can't breathe by Vadot from Belgium

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

China Daily continuing its "making supposedly evil thing seem badass" trend I see.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Kellies nomination: Worst label

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Microplastics posted:

Kellies nomination: Worst label

More like Worst Attempt At A Visual Metaphor

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

the_steve posted:

More like Worst Attempt At A Visual Metaphor

Right? "This narrative is an intimidating and lethal weapon" is not what you're going for buddy.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Clay Bennett

Jen Sorensen

Lalo Alcaraz

Brian McFadden

Clay Jones

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Technowolf posted:

Brian McFadden

Detective, I think you should stop talking to Measurehead.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Hey so I've been the guy regularly posting Garrison but due to personal matters I don't know if I can do it consistently anymore. Is anyone else willing to take up this "fun" task?

I'll take care of it if nobody else does, but I'll wait a couple of days before starting in case anyone wants to volunteer since I've got a couple of things on my plate already.

Speaking of taking care of things nobody else wants to do, it's time once more for

This pun did not get any better the second time around. In case you don't know the reference, a trans artist released a poppy song about her own experiences of being a girl, including a bunch of other trans artists, and there's been a bit of a kerfuffle about it for the usual stupid reasons as well as some additional reasons that might be less stupid but are still wildly misaimed.

Palantirs are just crystal balls now, I guess? I mean, they always kind of were, but not exactly. Also Apple is bad.

So, the "Jews are fake victims" thing here is obviously terrible and we've spent a lot of time on that, but it doesn't quite conceal the fact that the list of fake victims that could win this award also contains trans people and Black people. I haven't seen Tats be specifically racist against Black people for a while now (and previously it was more of the casual pimp-talk racism that was, for some reason, socially acceptable in the 90s). He may have slipped down to a lower level of hell at this point.

This feels like it must be a reference to a specific incident, but there is no way in hell I'm using the google terms I'd have to use to find out. Anyone else happen to know?

Tats, that tunnel thing was ages ago. Nobody gives a poo poo about that anymore. Even the conspiracy theorists have mostly moved on to more insane ideas. I guess I'm talking to the wrong person, though, considering the other reference here is to a music-video-slash-cultural-event from 1987.

Just standard conservative bullshit, not even anything particularly interesting to make fun of.

OK, now this one is a reference to a specific event I do happen to know about. Back in 2014, a bunch of Israelis actually did this; they set up chairs and sofas on nearby hills so they could watch the bombing and, in some cases, record it on their phones for posting on social media. (They had almost certainly done it before, but this time it was recorded and reported on.) It was a horrible vision of the depths humanity can sink to when they've deeply internalized the concept of their opponents being inhuman monsters and convinced themselves of the moral rightness of vengeance, even when that vengeance takes the lives of innocent people. This story is not in any way improved by inserting an antisemitic conspiracy theory robot into it.

Pettyfest

If you've ever smelled this stuff, you will understand this cartoon immediately.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
So we're completely dropping the Middle Earth stuff? Yay...? There's probably also room for half a dozen nominations in there, but I just can't be bothered anymore...

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m surprised tats isn’t even a little thrilled by the mechanized slaughter of defenseless Arabs.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's too busy turning every pop culture franchise on earth into a low effort antisemitic 'joke'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

idonotlikepeas posted:

not quoting these worse and worse caricatures

I feel like we're maybe a month or two out from Ishida just pasting the loving A. Wyatt Mann Happy Merchant into the comic.